• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The 2006 Stanley Cup Playoff Thread

Yay!  Buffalo!!!!!!  Go team Go!!!!!!  ;D

Oilers winning was nice - great to have a playoff win in Edmonton again.

Now I'm hoping Calgary wins their series to have the Battle of Alberta.

I happened to be driving in Edmonton over on 118 ave and 97st at about 9 pm last night. It was a complete gong show. There were vehicles with people hanging out of them screaming everywhere. The horns wouldn't stop honking and there were crazy people in the streets. (2 guys ran by my car naked!!) Congrats to the Oilers... that was crazy last night.

I am hoping for an all Canadian  Stanley cup final that would be sweet . My  Fav team the Habs play tonight but its not gonna be easy they have to win the next two games

karl28 said:
I am hoping for an all Canadian  Stanley cup final that would be sweet . My  Fav team the Habs play tonight but its not gonna be easy they have to win the next two games

I'm a habs fan, however now that Koivu is gone the future for the Canadiens looks bleak.

I'm a big Habs fan, but I think they are dead now. Too few effort, too late.

I think Staal, Brind'amour and Ward is enough to send them on the golf course. I didn't the blood thirst last game Habs side, they deserve it.

Pea said:
I happened to be driving in Edmonton over on 118 ave and 97st at about 9 pm last night. It was a complete gong show. There were vehicles with people hanging out of them screaming everywhere. The horns wouldn't stop honking and there were crazy people in the streets. (2 guys ran by my car naked!!) Congrats to the Oilers... that was crazy last night.
LOL
"Hi Honey"  "Hank, what are you doing?"  "We're streaking"  "What do you mean by 'we'?"  "Uh...they'll be along shortly"
:D

Going to Game tonight, GO HABS GO. We are going to kill them  :rage: (I hope)

Dear God:

I have been a very good girl this past week.  I have been kind and benevolent to those less fortunate than I.  I have been thankful for all my blessings.  I have given blood, sweated for the homeless, cried for the weak, prayed for the ill.  I have given money to churches, temples and synagogs.  I adopted three children from the developing world and volunteered my services to the disadavantaged and downtrodden.  I even prayed for that idiot kgerrard who compared servicemembers to rapists in his/her/its stupid thread about protesting EX Raging Bison.  I have worn a hair shirt all week and self-flagellated as necessary.

Please let the Habs win tonight.  Please?

scout

hahaha. Well said scout, well said.

Come on Habs!!  :cdn:

1-0 habs...

I am going to say a million Hail Mary's, go to confession, pray the rosary and genuflect all night long.... and I ain't even Catholic!

scoutfinch said:
Dear God:

I have been a very good girl this past week.  I have been kind and benevolent to those less fortunate than I.  I have been thankful for all my blessings.  I have given blood, sweated for the homeless, cried for the weak, prayed for the ill.  I have given money to churches, temples and synagogs.  I adopted three children from the developing world and volunteered my services to the disadavantaged and downtrodden.  I even prayed for that idiot kgerrard who compared servicemembers to rapists in his/her/its stupid thread about protesting EX Raging Bison.  I have worn a hair shirt all week and self-flagellated as necessary.

Please let the Habs win tonight.  Please?

scout

Too funny!! ;D

As a Padre I wonder if it's a good idea to mix two major religions??

Just kidding...keep on praying...it's good for you!! ;D

Flatspin said:
Going to Game tonight, GO HABS GO. We are going to kill them  :rage: (I hope)

Great game but I am still sad  :crybaby:

Go Oilers Go, Go Oilers  Go  ;D

Oooohhh.....les habitants are no more...so sad....indeed.... ;D

go leafs go........ oh man , I'm still in denial!!

Well, Ottawa vs. Buffalo will be a great semi-final.

Look forward to great hockey.

BTW, Kovalev said he WASN'T even hurt. He really played like he was. :mad:

Ah, can't wait for the Ducks to knock Calgary the hell out of the playoffs tonight, either. 

Whatever happens, it will be a good game.  Anaheim had their game back two nights ago - and got robbed of a goal by poor officiating (why was a video review not possible?)  Sutter's whining about the number of 5 on 3 advantages was unseemly, though. The Anaheim coach took the high road and just said 'now's not the time'. Good for him.

Was a good series as far as entertainment goes.

Fingers crossed to say Bye bye to the Red Mile.  As bad as Sodom and Gomorrah Avenue is now, God only knows (sorry, Padre, but its true) what will happen if Calgary wins and the Oilers and their fans come to town. Here's hoping we don't find out.

NHL = NO HABS LEFT

Out in 6 games  ;D
fc308679.gif
fc308679.gif
fc308679.gif
fc308679.gif
fc308679.gif
fc308679.gif

Sorry guys, I could not resist.

Cheers
Pop

Michael Dorosh said:
Ah, can't wait for the Ducks to knock Calgary the hell out of the playoffs tonight, either. 

Whatever happens, it will be a good game.  Anaheim had their game back two nights ago - and got robbed of a goal by poor officiating (why was a video review not possible?)  Sutter's whining about the number of 5 on 3 advantages was unseemly, though. The Anaheim coach took the high road and just said 'now's not the time'. Good for him.

Was a good series as far as entertainment goes.

Fingers crossed to say Bye bye to the Red Mile.  As bad as Sodom and Gomorrah Avenue is now, God only knows (sorry, Padre, but its true) what will happen if Calgary wins and the Oilers and their fans come to town. Here's hoping we don't find out.

Not happening.....GO FLAMES GO!!!!!!!! ;D

Back