• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The 2006 Stanley Cup Playoff Thread

2023 said:
I am sorry, but how are the Oilers a real team? They lost!!!!!!!!!!

Well, they are the Western Champs. Also, they went into the playoffs as the 16th place team, and came out second. They pushed Carolina right till the end, and made the City of Edmonton very proud. That is how they are a real team!  :cdn:

Pea said:
Well, they are the Western Champs. Also, they went into the playoffs as the 16th place team, and came out second. They pushed Carolina right till the end, and made the City of Edmonton very proud. That is how they are a real team!

And Montreal barely managed to get into the series... past glories' gone for now. Hopefully, little puppies are growing fast. We'll see that in 2-3 seasons. And Carbonneau is the new Chief Instructor! Yay! With expressive Gainey to back him.

Pea said:
Well, they are the Western Champs. Also, they went into the playoffs as the 16th place team, and came out second. They pushed Carolina right till the end, and made the City of Edmonton very proud. That is how they are a real team!  :cdn:

I still don't see it that way..............explain it to me again?????????????

GO LEAFS GO

I am just needling you guys. Great series and great hockey throughout.

Yeah VERY expressive..even a bomb shower wouldnt make a difference on his face

Oh,and heres the only pic of him SMILING ,that is so god damn rare!

2023 said:

GO LEAFS GO

Did you say Golf Leafs Golf ???  ::)

2023 said:

GO LEAFS GO

so..... Because Edmonton made it all the way, but didn't win the last game of the series, they are not a real team, but the maple laughs are somehow a real team, even though they didn't even make it into the playoffs?

MdB said:
And Montreal barely managed to get into the series... past glories' gone for now. Hopefully, little puppies are growing fast. We'll see that in 2-3 seasons. And Carbonneau is the new Chief Instructor! Yay! With expressive Gainey to back him.
Like I said Go Habs Go ;D

HL

ToRN said:
so..... Because Edmonton made it all the way, but didn't win the last game of the series, they are not a real team, but the maple laughs are somehow a real team, even though they didn't even make it into the playoffs?

ToRN,

He doesn't listen to reason (99% of the Leafs fans I know, don't know the meaning of the word)
Just look here (and my reply):
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/42439/post-394278.html#msg394278

HAHAHA Me, not listening to reason?????????Okay...............but hey..............as a long time Leaf fan, I am used to humiliation and the agony of defeat but this thread is not about the Leafs. It is about the 2006 Stanley Cup playoffs isn't it??

I am sure lots of people will agree with me with what I have been saying all along...............if a team doesn't win the Cup, it was an unsuccessful season. It's true.......

Now, as a Leafs fan, anytime they beat the Sens in the playoffs or when the Sens get eliminated..........that is my Stanley Cup.

Oilers are retooling there team.....................why????????? Because there season was a failure! Like it or not, that is a fact!!!!!!

Go Leafs Go!!!!!!!!

2023 said:
I am sure lots of people will agree with me with what I have been saying all along...............if a team doesn't win the Cup, it was an unsuccessful season. It's true.......

It's not true - it's your opinion. Sorry as both a hockey fan and a Leafs fan I find that totally off base. Following that "logic" there are 29 unsuccessful, futile teams every season. Each season there are teams that do not win The Cup yet have success. Look at what teams like Buffalo and Pittsburgh did this past season.

Heres a link with the standings..you can see that Pittsburgh is last in the Eastern conference,and second last in the LEAGUE.
Just because they had Sydney Crosby,it doesent mean they had a good team.

http://www.nhl.com/standings/20052006/conference_standings.html

FourNinerZero said:
As for the Argos VonG, they can watch the grey cup parade down Jasper ave in Edmonton come November! ;D

Well, the Argos won today.  How did Edmonton do on the golf course?

(just asking is all)

von Garvin said:
Well, the Argos won today.  How did Edmonton do on the golf course?

(just asking is all)
Liven'the high life off Syncrude Dividends..
But wasn'tthe Stanley Cup awardedto the Hurricanes (of the NHL)months ago?
Mods... please.

Back