• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The 2006 Stanley Cup Playoff Thread

Bufflao?!

Jerk.

As long as you know you'll still be a jerk, jerk. ;D

Let's hope Ottawa can regain the initiative tonight...  :-\

I love my Habs... they might have given me a momentary scare last evening but I never lost faith..

GO HABS GO!

:cdn: :cdn: :cdn:

Bah. I see I'm alone on this one but... GO FLAMES GO! I love the taste of roast duck!

Big Foot said:
Bah. I see I'm alone on this one but... GO FLAMES GO! I love the taste of roast duck!

I like the flames actually.

My pick for the final is detroit vs buffalo

scoutfinch said:
I love my Habs... they might have given me a momentary scare last evening but I never lost faith..

GO HABS GO!

:cdn: :cdn: :cdn:

Ditto!

I'm hoping for a Habs/Oilers or Habs/Flames SCF. Habs are my second favourite team of all time.

Ottawa spanked Tampa 8-4 last night >:D 

Awesome game, lots of scraps... Emery looked great and Lecavalier got OWENED by Chara once again...  ;D

Tampa did manage to have the gheyest performance of the national anthems I've seen in a long time... I bet the troops in the honor guard wanted to bayonet the clowns singing and playing the guitar  ::)

8-4 Sens. What more can I say? Most entertaining game since they played the Kings in December  ;D
GO SENS GO. Kudos to Redden as well, its a tough time for him.

The Sens unless Emery turns out a performance like Roy in 86 ther're not winning anything other thena series or two, this playoffs will come down to goaltending and right now the only real experienced one in the east is Brodeur, As long as ottawa can score more then 4 goals they'll be fine but if they run into Jersy Later in the playoffs they won't be scoring more then 2 goals per game(averaged). 

nd.07 said:
Kudos to Redden as well, its a tough time for him.

+1

Rumbo said:
The Sens unless Emery turns out a performance like Roy in 86 ther're not winning anything other thena series or two, this playoffs will come down to goaltending and right now the only real experienced one in the east is Brodeur, As long as ottawa can score more then 4 goals they'll be fine but if they run into Jersy Later in the playoffs they won't be scoring more then 2 goals per game(averaged). 

I guess we'll have to wait and see. Maybe Hassek will come back?  ;D

It's 1-1 in Mtl right now...

On a side note the guy who performed the national anthem tonight in Montreal did a great job, strong and powerfull the way it should be... outstanding!!! The OPP constable who does it in Ottawa is excellent as well... sorry for the rant but singing anthems like a love song is a huge pet-peeve of mine...

Rumbo said:

Brodeur, while he does have experience, isn't going to be able to stop a determined ottawa forcheck. Emery has proven that he's a reliable goaltender. The devils however have proven to be able to contain the rangers, so it would definitly be an interesting series. If the sens play their A game, itll be hard to stop them.

Chalk up another big win for Ottawa, 6-2... bringing it home to win it in game 5 Saturday!!  The Palladium Corel Centre Scotiabank Place will be rocking!!

nd.07 said:
Brodeur, while he does have experience, isn't going to be able to stop a determined ottawa forcheck. Emery has proven that he's a reliable goaltender. The devils however have proven to be able to contain the rangers, so it would definitly be an interesting series. If the sens play their A game, itll be hard to stop them.

One ace the Devils have up their sleeve is Alexander Mogilny. If they advance and manage to call him up, the Sens will be on their toes. Mogs has always done well against the Sens come playoff time.

(yes, yes I realise this will likely not happen but let a woman hope)

Sheerin said:
I actually wouldn't be surprised if TB came out and beat the Sens in 7.

But then again my hatred for the Sens runs deep.

THough I'm somewhat pissed at CBC, i'd much rather watch the Edmonton/Detroit game tonight than the Sens/TB one, but meh.

Sens just won in five...wooo hooooooooo

Back