• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

System Upgrade: Please Report Problems

Thanks. Spell check is back. The quick reply button should still be there (appears for me as a + at the bottom of a thread).

I realize the photo gallery is also out of commission for the moment but will work on that.

every third or so click I get a server to busy. is this you me or us?

It's the server. I was hoping that the OS upgrade would help but it doesn't seem to have. It usually passes, in the mean time I will try to track down the source.

Is this also why Afghan Ops isn't working?
I get this, no matter how I try to get into the game (FB, milnet forums):

This Connection is Untrusted
You have asked Firefox to connect securely to army.ca, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.
Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.
What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.
army.ca uses an invalid security certificate.
The certificate is not trusted because it is self-signed.
The certificate is only valid for ip-10-28-33-22
The certificate expired on 5/5/2013 5:31 AM.
The current time is 12/9/2013 11:33 PM.
(Error code: sec_error_expired_issuer_certificate)

The on-site Search is also not functioning for me using Mobile, Google Chrome, and IE7. Searching the site through Google works though.

GPComd said:
Is this also why Afghan Ops isn't working?
I get this, no matter how I try to get into the game (FB, milnet forums):

This Connection is Untrusted
You have asked Firefox to connect securely to army.ca, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.
Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.
What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.
army.ca uses an invalid security certificate.
The certificate is not trusted because it is self-signed.
The certificate is only valid for ip-10-28-33-22
The certificate expired on 5/5/2013 5:31 AM.
The current time is 12/9/2013 11:33 PM.
(Error code: sec_error_expired_issuer_certificate)

I am also getting this error

Yeah, there were (probably still are) a few things broken. AO and search are now fixed, thanks for the heads up!

Also, sorry for the server load this morning... much of that has been related to tweaking performance settings and rebuilding the entire search index!

Thanks Mike!  :salute:

I was getting worried that my 136 day playing streak would come to an end.

Thank you for all the hard work Mike.

I was going to post that AO has not seen a holiday "gift" in more than a year.
*hint*

Not sure if it's the upgrade, but I'm getting a blank page for "Army.ca".  ???

Getting server busy message almost every time I attempt to log on.

tango22a

It would be nice to be able to do more than 2 mouse clicks in Afghan Ops without the server too busy message coming up. 

GPComd said:
It would be nice to be able to do more than 2 mouse clicks in Afghan Ops without the server too busy message coming up.

That unfortunately is part of the problem. AO adds significantly to the server load, so when we see the site straining it is often because of AO activity. I haven't had time to consider a re-write or even detailed investigation, and it could be a while yet. If things get bad (or stay bad) I may have to suspend some AO functionality until I can get things under control. Don't want to do that, but I also don't want to keep bringing down the site. :)

Been getting the "server busy" code when trying to go into my "new reply's to post's" yet I will instantly enter the "unread posts" no problem. Not a big issue, just thought I would let you know.

Cheers
Larry

Back