• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

System Upgrade: Please Report Problems

Still getting ""Server too busy, please try again in a few minutes..."" all most every time I'm on.

Same. US location, if that makes a difference.

my72jeep said:
still getting ""Server too busy, please try again in a few minutes..."" all most every time I'm on.

Unfortunately it's just like it sounds. The server is overloaded and shedding services to stay online. Sometimes you can't search or can't view recent threads or if it's really bad you can't browse at all while it clears. I attempted early this morning to adjust some server settings to improve performance. The bad news is it temporarily made things worse, the good news is I know what not to change next time.

Folks,

The recent influx of support has allowed me to spend some resources on the performance issue, and I am going to declare premature victory. Or at least a protracted stalemate. Hopefully the server performance issues will be less frequent now, as I realize they were becoming quite disruptive. (Some of that was actually me working on the problem and making it worse.)

I'd like to say a huge THANKS to all those who supported the site and helped turn this problem around.

Cheers
Mike

It's been several days now since I have last seen the white screen of death on Afghan Ops.
Thanks for making the game playable again! :cheers:

GPComd said:
It's been several days now since I have last seen the white screen of death on Afghan Ops.
Thanks for making the game playable again! :cheers:

Excellent news, maybe I'll get back into the game now!

Is it just me or does anyone else find they can't search for anything at all?  It just comes up with a blank "search results" screen, even when I look for very common words.

Mike,
A couple times recently, I have attempted to send PMs but when hitting the "send message" button I get linked to the recipients profile page and the message disappears.  At least once, I sent a PM and did not realize an error had occured but assumed that the succesful conclusion of sending the message was now to deposite me onto the profile page.

I haven't seen that or been able to reproduce it yet, but I will keep digging. Are you clicking on anything other than the buttons?

I did use the on screen buttons.  It is not constant either, as I can immediately retype and resend with success when I catch the error.

I have had the problem in internet explorer on a Windows computer and in Safari on an iPhone.  I have horrible bandwidth (but as good as anybody gets in my area).  Could that be a factor.

Army.ca will not load ... all I get is a blank, white screen. I'm posting this from Navy.ca, which does work, as do Milnet and Air-Force.  :'(

E.R. Campbell said:
Army.ca will not load ... all I get is a blank, white screen. I'm posting this from Navy.ca, which does work, as do Milnet and Air-Force.  :'(

Same here.

Mike Bobbitt said:
Fixed... thanks for the heads up.

Thanks, Mike ...

thumbs-up.jpg

... and thanks for ALL you do here, Mike to provide this service for ALL of us.  :salute:

I didn't think to check Navy, Milnet, or Air-Force.ca when Army.ca didn't load -- I just put myself on suicide watch.  :facepalm:

It's happening again ... I get this on Army.ca:

Temporarily Unavailable

Due to high stress on the server the forum is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

But Navy.ca, Milnet.ca and Air-Force work fine ... except for the awful colours  ::)

Edit to add: but Army.ca is OK now.

Journeyman said:
I didn't think to check Navy, Milnet, or Air-Force.ca when Army.ca didn't load -- I just put myself on suicide watch.  :facepalm:

Normally I wouldn't either. Being essentially mirrors of each other and literally running the same code, database etc. it seems improbable that one would break while the others work. Normally all are down or all are working since they are essentially just a new coat of paint for the same core service.

However, the cache on Army.ca went bad, which is not shared across all sites so it took down one without the other. Very rare I would think.

Search engine doesn't return any results no matter what term or word is used.

Back