• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

System Upgrade: Please Report Problems

Not sure what's going on there, but I don't think that one's a site issue... threads are all working OK for me and each site is just a 'mirror' of the others. (So if one's working, they're all more or less working.) Is it still acting the same way? Does it do it across multiple browsers?

Hi Mike,

It messes up every once in a while. If I am browsing forums.army.ca, and this problem happens, I can navigate over to either the forums.navy.ca or forums.air-force.ca and I can view the threads again.

If possible, searches should automatically prioritize by topic searches first, followed by most recent or most common.

NinerSix said:
I can't seem to be able to edit my posts anymore...

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/53191/post-479231.html#msg479231 :)

GnyHwy, I've set up the search weights based on things like topic title, current activity, etc. but unfortunately "times searched" is not a factor I can use.

Subscribers can edit the Military Quotes and Military History calendar, but the 24 hour blockade on post edits is unfortunately global. Subscribers can also delete their posts, but that's a tough way to make a change...

I've gotten a blank green screen and a message that "the server is too busy, please try again later" three times this morning.

E.R. Campbell said:
I've gotten a blank green screen and a message that "the server is too busy, please try again later" three times this morning.

I started getting them yesterday afternoon....after a few minutes I hit refresh and the page comes back....I assume the system was busy..... :dunno:

This has been going on for about 24 hours......I think it is because Mike is away on Crse and the site has "begun to play".    ;D

I have also found a lot of SPAMMERS registering as well.

George Wallace said:
I have also found a lot of SPAMMERS registering as well.

They'll be banned like always. Besides, who let him go away? I thought we had a vote on this a while ago.

Regards

Must have been a recall after the vote.  :p

Yeah, it seems like things always go wrong when I'm away. Or is it just that I'm so damned good at keeping things running when I'm around? ;)

At any rate, I've made some server changes that should help reduce the problem, and I'll be keeping an eye on things. Thanks for your patience all!

Approximately 2-3 days ago I noticed that when logged in on my iPhone, the bar labelled with 'Home, Help, Search...' etc. is all white with only the current location visible. I sort of need to guess where to touch in order to logout or access other options along that line. (I've attached a photo in case I'm not explaining things well.)

I'm on the iPad right now and there are no problems with display and the laptop is normal also. Up until a few days ago, my iPhone displayed everything normally as well. Is anyone else experiencing this? Thanks!

Folks, another major upgrade was performed this morning (OS replacement) so if you notice anything broken today that worked yesterday, please let me know.

Thanks
Mike

My "quick reply" button is missing.
All I have is "post" and "preview".

I thought the third button used to be "spell check", no?

I'm not seeing a third button anymore on IE 8 or Firefox 24.1.1, either.

milnews.ca said:
I thought the third button used to be "spell check", no?

I'm not seeing a third button anymore on IE 8 or Firefox 24.1.1, either.

Missing here as well.  Not like I used it too often (as my many typos attest).

You folks are right, the button missing is the 'spell check' button.
I am missing my 'quick reply' but maybe that was on the bottom of the previous post......must think. [on nights, not a strong suit right now]

Back