• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

System Upgrade: Please Report Problems

Yeah, basically everything rolled back to a snapshot from this morning. Server image was corrupted and not booting, so I had to do an emergency restore. :(

Mike Bobbitt said:
.....may have lost some posts from the wee hours of the morning.
So, this was the morning I chose to be helpful and nurturing in the Recruitung threads, regardless of the posters' DNA deficits or their mothers' glue-sniffing during pregnancy.....not mocking in the Navy and Air Force topics, despite the Army's natural superiority (hello, given our absence of gills or wings, we live on the land) .....and even take the obnoxious, bandwidth-wasting dumbasses er, fellow site members off of <ignore>....

.....and those posts are all gone now?

Oh well, I tried.  :dunno:

airmich said:
I think that AO may have reset or gone back in time too.  I wasn't due to have a refill until about noon (CST) but when I just checked in, it said: "You missed out on 13341 Combat Readiness by not checking in earlier! -40 Morale".  I can't remember my rank that I leveled up to earlier but I know it wasn't showing my complete combat experience for the day so far.

Definitely no worries about the loss of morale, just wanted to let you know about the possible hiccup.

Got the same message.....

Mike Bobbitt said:
Sorry folks, had a hiccup this morning and may have lost some posts from the wee hours of the morning.
Okay, I thought I was loosing my marbles. I KNOW I posted something this am about a CFAEP Grad because I struggled to upload a pic.  Turned 50 a couple months ago and just figured it was one of the side effects!!

And here I was thinking I had skipped my meds yesterday or something. Could have sworn I made posts lol Good to know it's the system and not me  :Tin-Foil-Hat:

Funny on some threads I click on, I get a message "temporary unavailable, sever under stress", then the next thread is fine.

Just accept that Mike is going back to school and conducting some cruel experiment
for Psych class, logging the key-strokes until your account "goes offline"

frustration.gif

Haven't had a lot of time to look into server load issues, but there is a distinct pattern emerging. I will try to be more vigilant and track down a cause. I'm sure it's something I am doing. ;)

Mike,.....last night between 1 and 3 Ontario time I had several "high load" issues,......some kicked me off, and a couple of times it disabled the search function.

I've made some tweaks to when backup and maintenance jobs run. Hopefully this will help!

Just completed a review of the database performance settings. There was a lot wrong. Hopefully there is less wrong now. :)

Folks, a major upgrade was completed this morning, please let me know if you encounter any issues or 'weirdness' with the site.

Thanks!
Mike

Mike:
I've gotten multiple

The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message.

This has not been limited to any particular thread, and without an inordinate amount of time spent while composing messages (sure, I type with two fingers and take that extra time to spell-check/proofread....)

I've been dealing with it by copying the post, refreshing the screen, and pasting the text. It's posted without problem on the first subsequent try each time.

Journeyman said:
Mike:
I've gotten multiple

The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message.

This has not been limited to any particular thread, and without an inordinate amount of time spent while composing messages (sure, I type with two fingers and take that extra time to spell-check/proofread....)

I've been dealing with it by copying the post, refreshing the screen, and pasting the text. It's posted without problem on the first subsequent try each time.

That used to happen to me, too, as late as yesterday ~ and I adopted the same solution, but all has been good since this morning's update.

I got it once yesterday and two times this morning.  :dunno:

Back