• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Supply Tech - merged

Thank you, everybody, for your answers.

I'm fairly okay in French, and would be willing to learn French. Would I be good enough to get on a French course?

On our course of 20.. 3 are reservest.. from Borden, Goose Bay and Victoria

NJL said:
On our course of 20.. 3 are reservest.. from Borden, Goose Bay and Victoria

Yep, they pull them from across the country. A spot here, a spot there - but that's not the norm for ResF Suppies. If we're running a RegF course and have only 17 to run through ... we'll seek 3 ResF folks who are able to attend to fill the other 3 spots rather than leaving them empty or seeing a RegF course cancelled. That only makes sense.

If Armstrong is one of your instructors -- give him a boot in the butt for me ... and tell him that I'll see him in Sept when I'm up to do the Log O Ph IV Master Lesson Plan. That'll scare him!!  ;D

eugenetswong said:
I'm fairly okay in French, and would be willing to learn French. Would I be good enough to get on a French course?

Fairly OK in French and fluent in French are two very different things. You would be shooting your self multiple times in the foot if you weren't fluent going on the french course. I've actually had some of the Franco's tell me they wish they were on the Anglo course. It has something to do with the translation of the exams not being fully coherant. We (the anglos) had the same issue in St-Jean with our exams, so as you can see the language barrier is a two way street. Hopefully you'll get on a course soon, have patience.

Well I am on my 20th year here as a Reg force Supply tech. These are the following postings and tours;
Suffield, Shearwater, HMCS Halifax, St Jean, 3 CSG, Current posting as RQMS for the Black Watch here in Montreal.
Been to Kosovo, Kabul,KAF
I never post on here. However, I do read on a daily basis. I must say I find Army Vern very informative and halarious at times.
Vern you keep me entertained.

Thank you

Vern is not informative, per se, she is merely a vessel through which all knowledge passes through, leading all down the path to enlightenment and true inner peace... (either that or she'll beat you with her pace stick!!) Yeah, she's hilarious!!

Welcome to the board our brother from another mother!!

Binrat_69 said:
Well I am on my 20th year here as a Reg force Supply tech. These are the following postings and tours;
Suffield, Shearwater, HMCS Halifax, St Jean, 3 CSG, Current posting as RQMS for the Black Watch here in Montreal.
Been to Kosovo, Kabul,KAF
I never post on here. However, I do read on a daily basis. I must say I find Army Vern very informative and halarious at times.
Vern you keep me entertained.

Thank you

Hmmmm, do I know you??

If you're entertained by me here ... you should see my pole dance; I hear it's pretty neat.  ;)

BinRat55 said:
Vern is not informative, per se, she is merely a vessel through which all knowledge passes through, leading all down the path to enlightenment and true inner peace... (either that or she'll beat you with her pace stick!!) Yeah, she's hilarious!!

Welcome to the board our brother from another mother!!

What the hell is that??

Who typed this for you?? Was it your 9erD (I say this based on your "mother" statement)?? The suppie I know who once bought me for a case of beer - was a guy.  8)

HAW!!!  Sorry Vern, my meds are too high and sometimes I revert into this Gandhi phase. You can bet your sweet little bottom i'm still a guy - and what with inflation and all today you'd be worth what, case of Cervasa?

Hello all, i know people have asked this question before but mine is a little different. I re-enrolled and would like to know what to expect on a supply tech QL3 course compared to a combat arms QL3 course. I don't expect a course outline just the basics. Do you march around as a course, do you get issued a c7 for course, pt, inspections, field time etc? Some of these questions may sound silly but I really don't know what to expect on this course coming from a combat arms environment. So if anyone could enlighten me that would be great, if not i will just wait and see for myself. Oh one more thing, should I bring my old DEU's with me or will I get issued all new stuff. Just to clarify I have been out for a year so, I figure I will get al new stuff. Thanks!

Yes you will be required to march around as a course (in the school, as well as to the mess). After class is done for the day you can walk around as normal. You will NOT be issued a weapon, we are a support trade, we focus on supporting, not spearheading. There is no field portion either, however there are a couple of field trips- one to visit the base museum, the other to base supply. Sometimes they try to get a tour of a major warehouse in Toronto (something like a Canadian Tire main distributing centre) however that isn't always possible. There are many, many room inspections, and these are of the very anal retentive fashion. There is PT 3 times a week as is required by rules.

If you have your DEU's from previous service, and are remaining in that element, then by all means bring them,if they fit. You will still be required to acquire the rest of your kit from clothing stores. Hope this helps a bit. Any questions feel free to PM me.

Chapeski said:
You will NOT be issued a weapon, we are a support trade, we focus on supporting, not spearheading.

By far the dumbest thing i have ever read. hands down.

CDN Aviator said:
By far the dumbest thing i have ever read. hands down.

So you have recently been on a QL3 Supply course now? Really man, what is your deal today? On the 3's course the only time you might see a weapon is on the tour of the supply building, in the vault. On the course, they don't even think about weapons, unless it's to do an issue. I may have to rephrase my statement so you understand it properly "On the QL3 Supply Course you will NOT be issued a weapon as their goal is to teach the support aspects." Happy now?

Chapeski said:
So you have recently been on a QL3 Supply course now?

No and i dont need to have been either.

Really man, what is your deal today?

Go read what you posted a few times and ask yourself " how does that sound ?"

so you understand it properly "

On i understood whay you said rather well.

On the QL3 Supply Course you will NOT be issued a weapon as their goal is to teach the support aspects." Happy now?

How does having a weapon to carry around and take care of get in the way of learning how to be a Sup Tech ?

CDN Aviator said:
How does having a weapon to carry around and take care of get in the way of learning how to be a Sup Tech ?

The program isn't set up for us to store weapons while on course. The school doesn't have weapons rack in the class, or in the mods.

Weapons aren't a priority for QL3 Supply students as the students are more concerned with learning how to issue /requisition/return items.

Chapeski said:
The program isn't set up for us to store weapons while on course. The school doesn't have weapons rack in the class, or in the mods.

Weapons aren't a priority for QL3 Supply students as the students are more concerned with learning how to issue /requisition/return items.

And us MSE Ops are worried about DP's on our QL3.. and yes we carry our C7's and C9's. Have to defend the convoy somehow.

You will NOT be issued a weapon, we are a support trade, we focus on supporting, not spearheading.

I may be not a Combat Arms trade.. but I shoot to kill. Soldier first.. trademen second. Remember that..

P.S. Sup Techs are reqr on DP's in the old school war manual.

Mr Plow, that is understandable, however when a Supply Tech is on course, they don't know where they are going. If they are required to run DP's then they will be course loaded on SQ. On the Sup Tech 3's course they care more that you know how to issue the bullet than if you know how to use them. It is one step in the process. They rely on the fact that personnel will be/have been on an SQ course.

I don't dispute the fact that suppies are on DP's. I've done the CLP training, I've done pairs live, I know how to use my weapon. However that training, for me anyway, has come at battalion level, not 3's level.

The original poster asked if they were required to carry a C7 while on course, and if they were required to do a field portion. I answered that with a no. Unless the course has changed dramatically since I was on last year, then I will stick with my statement.

Chapeski said:
I answered that with a no. Unless the course has changed dramatically since I was on last year, then I will stick with my statement.

That's fine my friend. This is an open board. I just found one of your comments a bit odd, but I don't wish to beat a dead horse here. 

Anyways,
Servitum Nulli Secundus
Mr Plow

:evilrifle:

Chapeski said:
students as the students are more concerned with learning how to issue /requisition/return items.

I'm on a course right now that teaches naval tactics, capabilities and the operational planning process. Do you think that me carrying around a riffle will make it harder for me to learn the material ? Do you think that having to keep a riffle in my room makes it harder for me to read the required material for the next day ?

What is it about being issued a riffle that makes it hard to learn how to issue stuff ?

Back