• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RMC admission

Shraddha

Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm writing on behalf of my son who is keen on getting into RMC in 2024. He is a Grade 12 student currently and also works as a Reserve with Signals Regiment. He realizes that Math and Physics are not his cup of tea and is looking at applying for Trades that allow Humanities based programs as he qualifies for it and get his Regiment to send his file for ROTP admission to Ottawa. Here are my questions :
1) What are the chances of his success of being accepted in other trades that will allow him to join the RMC under ROTP program ? What trades would have a high demand?
2) His CFAT score for reserve was in 80s and he was told he doesnt have to write his CFAT again.. is that a good enough score to get in?
3) How long does it take to hear from Ottawa ?
4) How and where can he get some guidance to prepare for his ROTP interview ?
Thank you for your help in advance.

I’m also an applicant to RMC for 2024 and here is the insight I can provide from conversations with recruiters and research online :

1. RMC has a different standard per program. Check the RMC website for each program and it has a matrix of what trade each degree is eligible for. I’m pretty sure you have to have a minimum of 75 in your top 6 grade 12 U/M courses. Prerequisites are different for each program.

2. 80 is good enough for most officer trades, I think pilot and other demanding trades have a higher cutoff but it’s best to check with your recruiter for the processing control line for each trade

3. You will probably not have luck phoning in as they are really busy and rarely pickup the phone, you are better off going into the recruiting centre at Ottawa or emailing them.

4. The ROTP interview is trade dependent and confidential. Understanding the trade he applies for thoroughly will be good enough. Research research research!

I’m also an applicant to RMC for 2024 and here is the insight I can provide from conversations with recruiters and research online :

1. RMC has a different standard per program. Check the RMC website for each program and it has a matrix of what trade each degree is eligible for. I’m pretty sure you have to have a minimum of 75 in your top 6 grade 12 U/M courses. Prerequisites are different for each program.

2. 80 is good enough for most officer trades, I think pilot and other demanding trades have a higher cutoff but it’s best to check with your recruiter for the processing control line for each trade

3. You will probably not have luck phoning in as they are really busy and rarely pickup the phone, you are better off going into the recruiting centre at Ottawa or emailing them.

4. The ROTP interview is trade dependent and confidential. Understanding the trade he applies for thoroughly will be good enough. Research research research!
Thank you so much !

Back