• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sudden questions regarding LAV III and roll-overs

Acorn said:
And to bring it back on topic: cars, and SUVs for that matter, generally don't roll unless "tripped." Is the CofG of the LAV (and Bison etc) such that a sharp turn will roll it? You could probably train drivers to compensate for a severe shift of the CofG, but as noted above, it can be an expensive training process.

No, I have done some pretty crazy stuff with AVGPs and Bisons, including high speed (about 40 Kph) sharp turns. I have never personally tipped a veh. All the ones I seen tip is because of the loss of support on the low side of the veh. Nothing you can really train out of a driver.

Did a winter driving course many years ago.
Air force types used an auxiliary taxi strip for the course.
what no one had counted on was that the fire dept guys hosed down the strip AND the snowbanks.... so when the instructors threw the cars into skids and the candidates spun out into the "snowbanks" resulted in resounding "clangs" and did a wonderful job on damaging the cars......

Most satisfying :)

Back