• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

St. Jean Aug. 29 BMQ Questions.....

new recruit

Inactive
Reaction score
So I get sworn in on the 16 of Aug in Halifax. They fly me out to BMQ in st.Jean on Aug. 27. That's a Saturday. Basic doesn't start until Monday. What do we do for those couple of days? I'm starting to get really nervous. I'm in pretty good shape. I run, walk, bike, swim (occasionally - but I'm not very good), do yoga, and aerobics. I don't have much upper body strength, though I do do some light weight lifting. Anyone have any survival tips about basic? I've been talking to a guy I work with, but he did his basic ten years ago.

new recruit said:
So I get sworn in on the 16 of Aug in Halifax. They fly me out to BMQ in st.Jean on Aug. 27. That's a Saturday. Basic doesn't start until Monday. What do we do for those couple of days? I'm starting to get really nervous. I'm in pretty good shape. I run, walk, bike, swim (occasionally - but I'm not very good), do yoga, and aerobics. I don't have much upper body strength, though I do do some light weight lifting. Anyone have any survival tips about basic? I've been talking to a guy I work with, but he did his basic ten years ago.

Hey dude.... I've been talking to a buddy form work as well who did basic three years ago. He told me that being strong is a bonus but you need to have endurance. I'm waiting for the call for my BMQ and in the mean time I've been running my ass off. If anything, concentrate on cardiovascular activities rather than strength training. My basic routine is to get up in the morning and go for a run and in the afternoon hit the gym for some strength training. If I have any extra time during the day I'll rollerblade or go for a walk. But yah my main point is to keep up the cardio. Being able to run 10km is going to get you father in basic than being able to bench press 250 lbs. Cheers dude. Good luck at your BMQ.

cardio is more important...no cardio no strength....heart is the biggest muscle!!!

Basic is no problem at all the furthest we ran was 6km and they gave us 35 minutes to do that in (and they built us up to that).  You'll do no physical work at all for the first week or so.  However, if you still nervous just give it your best and put 110% effort into it and you'll do fine (also be sutre that you can do the Basic Physical Entrance requirments because you will be tested on them again in week 2-3).

Back