• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

*SPOILER WARNING!* Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

GGHG_Cadet said:
I loved the movie, I think it really tied the whole series together. When I was leaving the theater I was kind of sad though, it's over- no more Star Wars movies to look forward to.

And the two planned TV series do nothing to lift your spirits?

Some fan.

RossF said:
I didn't understand where the name "Vader" came from.. he just sorta labelled him that for no reason..maybe I missed something?

Onomatopoeia: using a word that describes action it represents (in this case, using a name that describes character it represents)

Sidious ~ Insidious

Vader ~ Invader

Maul ~ â Å“Mauled by pit-bull terrierâ ?

Count Doo Koo ~ Count Dracula (Christopher Lee did vampire movies in the past)

Grievous ~ â Å“Grievous bodily harmâ ?

Ok, Ok, Sidious just picked â Å“Vaderâ ? because he wanted to. Maybe he liked it, or thought it sounded cool?

Freddy Chef said:
Count Doo Koo ~ Count Dracula (Christopher Lee did vampire movies in the past)

Remember, he was "Darth Tyrannus" - Dooku was his cover.

Now, for the true Star Wars geeks, how about Darth Revan, Darth Malak, Darth Sion, Darth Traya, and (by far the coolest Sith Lord to date) Darth Nihilus.

WOW i just saw the movie on Tuesday. it was aw some. i really think they did an excellent job answering a lot of questions about the whole thing. i have to be very truthful though, i think they did a good job on making you really sympathetic for Darth Vader. i was pretty sad at the end of the movie. i knew he was going to become Vader but i didn't know how it all was going to happen. like he joined the dark side to save is wife and she died because of him joining the dark side. what ever, it was a well done movie and i may be going to see it again tonight. 

oh and i am looking farward to the T.V. series, it will not be the same as the movies, not even close. i just hope they don't ruin it.

-Hutch- said:
WOW i just saw the movie on Tuesday. it was aw some. i really think they did an excellent job answering a lot of questions about the whole thing. i have to be very truthful though, i think they did a good job on making you really sympathetic for Darth Vader. i was pretty sad at the end of the movie. i knew he was going to become Vader but i didn't know how it all was going to happen. like he joined the dark side to save is wife and she died because of him joining the dark side. what ever, it was a well done movie and i may be going to see it again tonight.  

oh and i am looking farward to the T.V. series, it will not be the same as the movies, not even close. i just hope they don't ruin it.

I agree that Lucas did a good job of showing Anakin's true intentions towards joining the dark side.  Anakin didn't really join the dark side because he wanted to be Mr. 'big and powerful'.  All the fear he had inside was for his mom and Padme.  That's why you have Luke Skywalker saying that he believes there is still good in Darth Vader and is able to save him at the end of Return of the Jedi.

In Ep III Yoda tells Obiwon that Qui gon has learned how to move back and forth between the dead and the living (or at least communicate between the two worlds) and this becomes Obi's training until the next movie.
Fast forward to Ep IV: In the fight between Vader and Obi, Vader never actually 'kills' Obiwon. All you see is Obiwon disappear before Vader's light saber strikes him. Same with Yoda, he doesn't really die, he just disappears.
My question is: what are the figures we see at the ewok party (finale for Ep VI)? Are they ghosts or holograms of Yoda and Obiwon who are someplace else in the galaxy, because i frankly can't tell the difference

Here's my take - Yoda says at the end of EP III that he would teach obiwan about being able to exist beyond mortality, and that it was the most powerful state of being a Jedi.  Well, in EP IV, before Vader 'defeats' obiwan, obi says - "if you strike me down, I'll be even more powerful than you can possibly imagine" - meaning that he has learned that power that was taught between EP III and IV.  Their ability to appear after death was their ultimate power, as they were able to guide the ONLY surviving Jedi to defeat the dark side.  Their appearance at the final Ewok party was just again showing their ultimate ability.  They weren't holograms, they were "ghosts" in a way.

There's no "take", but you got it right anyway.  Qui Gon learns to "return from the dead", which allows him to communicate with living Jedi.  We see numerous examples of others using that capability throughout the original 3 movies, starting originaly with Obi Wan delivering his famous "use the force, Luke" line after his death.  The Jedi masters standind side by side at that party are using that same ability.

i just heard on Y 108 FM, that there was going to be another star wars movie coming out in a couple of years. i have not heard of anything like this  before. does anyone know if it is true or not?

Apparantly he wrote 9 but he denies the writing of episodes 7-9.

I heard there is going to be one prequel to the prequels of Yoda kicking Sith ass, but at this point I would assume it's a rumor like everything else.

Kyle Burrows said:
Apparantly he wrote 9 but he denies the writing of episodes 7-9.

He never denied writing them. He just said he never intended on making movies out of them. Having read the plot synopsis I can agree. They are not very interesting.

http://www.starwarssequeltrilogy.com/

here is one of the questions asked from the link provided above.

Hey, this is Scott from California. What is the actual likelihood of Episodes 9 - 12 actually happening? And secondly how do you explain Yoda coming close to beating Sidious in Episode 3 when in Episode 2 Yoda was barely better than Dooku? And my last question is who is Ewan McGregor related to that was in the classic trilogy? Thank you for your time. I can't wait for Episode 3!

George Lucas: If Revenge of the Sith is the biggest hit film of 2005, then Episodes 7 to 9 will happen, eventually. It may be ten or fifteen years or more, but they will happen. As for Episodes 10 - 12, I have no plans on making those films myself. I will leave those stories to Shadow and my children.

I think you need to give more respect to Dooku. He is a formidable warrior. Yoda was lucky to be able to fight Dooku toe to toe. Some would argue that Yoda doesn't fair too well against Sidious during Revenge of the Sith. You can watch the battle for yourself and make up your own minds.

Ewan is related to Dennis Lawson.

rGeorgeLucas that there will be episodes 7-9 eventually. i am not so sure what i think about that though.

short final said:
cool cameos of new "old" characters - Capt Antilles, Govenor Tark (something like that, anyways, the old, skinny slick haired Vader right hand man guy from A new hope)

Odd, I dont remember seeing Grand Moff Tarkin (http://users3.ev1.net/~rfet/swchpics/govtarkn.jpg), or Captain Antilles...

He (Tarkin) was there, and computer generated, like everyone else...and had black hair.

He stood on the bridge of a capital ship with Vader and Palpatine, when the Death Star was being constructed through the observation ports.

Antilles was present on the Tantive IV (if indeed, that was the same vessel from Episode IV) with Senator Organa. Brief appearance.

Bail Organa addresses one of the officer as they are boarding the ship as Captain Antilles.

Lucas knows how to recycle:

The re-match duel between Dookoo and Skywalker, where Skywalker lost his hand in the first duel, with Palpatine shackled to the throne [really, Lord Sidious wanting the best Sith apprentice from the winner of the match].

The re-match duel between Vader and Luke, where Luke lost his hand in the first duel, with The Emperor observing from the throne [really, Lord Sidious wanting the best Sith apprentice from the winner of the match].

Obviously, the lethal winner of the re-match became the next Sith. Give in to hate, â Å“...and your journey to The Dark Side will be complete.â ?

Palpatine electrocuting (at least trying to) Mace Windu, who's side did Skywalker choose?

The Emperor electrocuting Luke, who's side did Vader choose?

Turning to or from The Dark Side, just a matter of switching choices at critical moments. 

Back