• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

*SPOILER WARNING!* Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Just got back from a midnight screening and I can say:

GO SEE IT!

Very well done, I felt like I was 6 again.   Ties in the first 2 with the last 3 so well that is makes Episode I and II worth watching; the transformation of Anakin into Vader is pretty spectacular (advice: don't take small children).

Now, to hope for Lucas and Co to get the last 3 onto film.... ^-^

We (the mods) have decided that Infanteer is actually a Sith apprentice..Blelieve me it fits! >:D

Now who would the Sith Lord be...?! ???

Mike Dorosh maybe? :eek:

"Infanteer"

"Yes, my master"

"RISE!"

Slim ;D

I can't wait to see it either!

Ah, I can't wait to see it! But I won't have a chance until sometime next week. :(

You all remind me of eric forman from that 70's show, with his star wars action figures hehe. I loved the first three films, but episode one turned me off the series. >:D

Slim said:
We (the mods) have decided that Infanteer is actually a Sith apprentice..Blelieve me it fits! >:D

Now who would the Sith Lord be...?! ???

Mike Dorosh maybe? :eek:

"Infanteer"

"Yes, my master"

"RISE!"

Slim ;D

I can't wait to see it either!

You Know that explains a lot around here.  8)

I'm on my way right now to get tickets, this is the only movie I've been EXCITED to see since...ummm episodes 1&2, hope it's good like you guys say. (Ryhno throws on Vader outfit to go to mall and swath down the kids, 8))

I like Episode 1+2, EXCEPT for 2 things.... Major things IMHO... Jar Jar Binks, worst character ever created in all of movie history. Most annoying also, downright horrible...

Next, Anakin looking like he's... Well, 6 years old and he can race in a pod/speed racer?!?!!? Impossible, unbelievable, rediculous.. .He could have at least been... 10??? I suppose they were trying to appeal to all the youngin's.... And Queen Amidala waiting to marry him after so many years? Hrm.... Odd, I suppose in thier universe being a child molester is OK... Lol...

Anyway, got my tickets in hand, going at 7PM tonight! Thank god where I live no one is waiting in line yet or tenting it out!

Joe

I saw it last week.... (I have a bootleg... shame shame on me)

I dont know if this is a problem in the final version (not the WIP one) but I find the droids voices are WAY WAY to high pitch, they almost sound like children.

I love when Ani' burns up... it looked cool...

I just saw Episode III.  It was great.  I thought George Lucas did a really good job at the end tying up all the loose ends and putting a close to the whole story.  Seeing as he said there will be no Episode VII, VIII or IX I think this was a great final movie.  By the way those were some pretty cool contacts Anakin has on in the end. :)

The movie was great, absolutely fantastic. No cheesyness detected...

One thing I thoroughly enjoyed also was the "pre-empire" era technology. The precursers to the actual Star Destroyers and TIE fighters, also those neat little "not-so-X-wing" fighters. Very interesting to see it all merged together before they separated, and if any of you noticed, the colour scheme on all the ships was like the modern "rebel" colours... Then at the end, the Star Destroyers were all white...

Loved the movie, will see it again, and probably again for good measure...

Joe

Let us compare.

palpatine_02.jpg

Look at the far left.

grup.jpg

I think they look similar...

HELL OF A MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got back...and it kicked ass! Some of the Anakin-Padme scenes seemed a bit long, but other than that I LOVED IT!!!

And I'm seeing it again in about 20 hours if things go according to plan. 8)

The kids keep saying "three more sleeps, two more sleeps..."
Taking them on Sunday (afternoon)...I think I'm more excited than they are!  ;D
Been a Star Wars geek since the first movie came out...sad I know!  :crybaby:

Reality Therapy, how old are the kids - just to warn you that it could be a bit intense if they are young (I first watched Star Wars when I was 4).

I must say that I absolutely loved it. My wife and I took her mother as a treat, she'd never seen a star wars movie, and she loved it. So much so that I had to give up the other 5 I have on DVD so she could watch the whole series. Outstanding movie, exactly what star wars should be.  8)

I saw it last night as well. I'm not a star wars fan really but how could I turn down watching Anakin fall from grace? The movie was awesome .. I liked just about every bit of it. It seemed unusually dark and serious for a SW movie which I liked.

Something else I noticed, was how fast the Obi-Wan-Anakin fight ended. They were fighting hard, then he jumps, loses a few limbs, and its done. Tooo fast, would have liked to see a bit more there, but other than that.........great movie!

LOS ANGELES (AP) - The last of the Star Wars movies has done what no movie in history has ever accomplished - sold $50 million US worth of tickets in a single day.

Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith grossed $50,013,859 from showings at 3,661 theatres and more than 9,000 screens around the United States on Thursday, including special midnight shows, according to box-office tracker Exhibitor Relations.

That beat the one-day record set in May 2004 by Shrek 2, which sold $44.8 million on a single Saturday - its fourth day in theatres.

The George Lucas film, which features the transformation of Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker into the evil Darth Vader, also beat the opening day record held by Spider-Man 2, which grossed $40.4 million when it opened on a Wednesday last June.

"Fifty million is a good opening weekend, let alone a single day," said Paul Dergarabedian, president of Exhibitor Relations. "This is the box office equivalent of a 100-year flood."

It is almost assured the film, which was produced by News Corp.'s 20th Century Fox, will push well past the $100 million mark for its opening weekend. The only question is - how far?

"The sky's the limit on how well this film could do," Dergarabedian said

Can somebody explain why I'm not good at making wookies  :D

Even though CGI enhances the light-sabre duel scenes, I still think using a computer for special effects is sh**. [First Matrix movie, the only exception.]

Good story. The only good things about this pre-qual trilogy were that loose ends were tied up, the mystery was unraveled, and questions were answered:

â Å“What forced Skywalker into cybernetic implants and the signature breathing apparatus?â ?

â Å“What drove Skywalker into wanting revenge on his own teacher, Kenobi, in the original movie, Episode IV?â ?

Back