• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sound off: What are you doing right now? Aside from the obvious being on here..

I'm wondering how I slept through a pretty big thunder storm....

-Dead

I'm sitting in the computer lab at my school board office enduring some professional inservice on "SmartBoards". :nana:

Went down to the Highway of Heroes again this afternoon.  Man, it never gets easier, always very emotional.  May they RIP      :cdn:
And still waiting for news as too when we'll be able to get back in our Q.  Even though we were way too close to the explosion, we have NO damage, which is a miracle.  We are supposed to be packed today and tomorrow, loaded Thur and marched out on Fri,  I think our roadtrip/posting to Edmonton is a little postponed. ::)

right now i'm going over all the paper work i have in preparation for BMQ, and taking notes for Autobiography.

Counting down the hours to a day of leave tomorrow
6.gif
and getting my new vehicle this evening!!!!!!!
3.gif

On the phone with Bell Canada for the 13th time in 2 weeks, seems they are a bunch of screw ups, and know sweet fuck all, about customer service. I'm on my 8th bell employee at the moment, all with different answers, dates and times for me. Currently hour 2 on the phone, about to lose my mind. 

And they wonder why they are losing customers.

Finally online in my house, with cable, etc.

Place is starting to come together.  On leave until 4 Sept hehehehehehehe.

On a sombre note, today visited the Vet's plot in the Regina cemetery off Assiniboine Ave for the 2nd time in two days. Each time I return to Canada, I always visit my friends that have passed well before their time. Several now rest with soldiers who fought wars in the 20th century.

I Found MCPL Jeff Walsh from 3 PPCLI (killed in Afghanistan Aug 2006), swept the grass clippings off his marker, tidied up his numerous flowers, and straightened up his small Cdn flag.

I never knew him, I thanked him for his service, and moved on.

There was a connection with him though, as I had a tour in the provincial 'Leg' bldg the day before, by a very good friend of Jeff's Dad. He had mentioned that Jeff had lost his life in Afghanistan. Upon returning to the cemetery I noticed a marker next to him. It was his father, a former Mountie. The death date yet to be filled, but a spot reserved in waiting by a loving Dad who mourns his son, who one day will be interred next to him. Thats truly love between a Dad and his Son, and really hit home with me today.

I think I will have a quiet one tonight.

Another tragedy, another life gone.

RIP Jeff.

OWDU

Sitting among a whole lot of boxes.  Packers finish up today and then loaded tomorrow.  Good bye Toronto.....Hello Edmonton. 

Creating the Fall 2008 DCS course offerings and Fall 2008 OPME sections ... so that they can run in a few weeks :)

Watching NCIS and reloading my IPod so I can have better music for my evening workouts.

yup, I'm that bored

Enjoying NCIS myself and a nice cold beer.

LoL The Palmer scene was good for a chuckle.

oh, beer, good call now if only the fridge delivered....lol

Just talked to my dad, who is sending me a new knife sharpener :)

and I'm soon going to go watch some television.

-Deadpan

Back