• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sound off: What are you doing right now? Aside from the obvious being on here..

Sunday 1201h, its hot and sticky out, again just sitting here sweating after 280mm of rain in a day.

only 13 sleeps left in the Aussie summer of 2008/2009.

OWDU

that's right Wes, keep rubbing it in.....

I can't wait til the weather is consistently above 10C.

I am right now watching Talladega Nights.  :D

Baden  Guy said:
Just back from helping my riding candidate as a volunteer at the phone bank.
Spent 9 to 4 on the phone and I am feeling loopy.  ;D
Got to use Skype for the first time, interesting experience.

OK so I downloaded Skype at home today. As it worked for free at the riding candidates office I "assumed" [ya I know} that Skype would allow me to call for free to another land line phone. I quickly found out it is only free Skype to Skype, landline calls have a small charge.
Is there any truly free PC to landline VOIP ?

OK, I'm 5' 7.5" tall & I am totally fed up with snow.

Now that I've dug out ... it's begun to snow again. Nasty day here in NB with the province down to essential services ...

Buddy accross the streets car was totally burried by a huge drift ... thank gawd for antennas.

:mad:

Now I need caffeine, food and ... something to relax me because I'm irritated.

Global warming my ass.

PICT1135.jpg

PICT1139.jpg

PICT1138.jpg

PICT1128.jpg

PICT1132.jpg

you've got plows in Oromocto????  We saw one go by here some time ago (I think)....or it could have been a snow devil!  There is nothing travelling by here today.........just came in for a hot drink and change of gear before we go back out.  We had one drift I measured to be 69 inches high.  Why am I not visiting Muskrat in Arizona????? :'(

Why am I not visiting Muskrat in Arizona?

It's not like you haven't been invited  8)

Above normal temps all week, and no chance of rain, says the forecast. Normal temps for this time of year are mid/upper 70s

it's that time already  (roll up the rim)  hehe shows how much time I spend at Tim's.

Hanging out with the baby watching Super Why.  Dinner's in the slowcooker and I'm trying to find a good place to book a massage for Thursday.

Hey, Vern, with all that snow as insulation, just think what you'll save on your heating bill!  ;)

Sitting in Calgary Airport about to start the trip back to KAF for another 3 month stint. Frankfurt for lunch tomorrow and Dubai for a late supper. Then onto KAF on Wed AM.

WrenchBender

ArmyVern said:
OK, I'm 5' 7.5" tall & I am totally fed up with snow.

Shyte Vern, thats a lot of snow!

Its times like this I do NOT miss Canada.

Today, its 29C at 0954h.

Gotta love the tropics.

Cheers,

Wes

I just let the dogs out and then smelled skunk. Anybody want 2 slightly used and possibly aromatic mutts?

I'm out-hippying the hippies on Facebook.  ;D I never realized how cathartic it could be to be a virulently anti-military anti-warmonger while in a war zone. It's best when they take you at face value and you get them to agree vehemently with increasingly ridiculous B.S.

Its around 0100, I'm in the Guard house, watching the screens, making sure no bikies are stealing the ASLAV's and i'm bored out of my brain. I've also just realised that our silly Army has blocked Army.ca BUT NOT milnet.ca!
I'm listening to late night radio (Apparently there's a new way out for men with "bedroom problems") and surfing for details about my new car (Austin Healey Sprite).
Someone should message me and help me through the next hour till my piquat is over...

Hale

Am I correct in believing you are from Victoria? If so, I hope the fires did not cause any damage or harm to your kith and kin.

Thanks very much for saying it. All my old outer city stomping grounds are gone now but none of the family lost anything big. I flew home the Tuesday after Black Saturday, the scale of it is unbelieveble, when all you can see from a cruising 737 is black bushland then you know the fires are huge. And they're still raging. Its terribly tragic, a woman I used to work with died when the flames overtook her car as she was fleeing.
You cant understand the scale of it unless you see it. Its utter devastation.

Hale

Geez, mate, that sucks. Anything else I could add would sound trite, I'm afraid.

Its just nice to hear that even though your thousands of miles away, your thinking of the poor souls who died. For me its really hard, i absolutely love my home state and to see it completely ruined and destroyed doesnt make a chap feel good. I dont say that to be dramatic either, the MAJORITY of the state has been on fire at some stage over the last few weeks.
It wasnt just a fire, it was a fire storm, they reckon that the people of Kinglake expected they had a few hours before the fire hit them, it turned out they had 2 minutes from when the warning was issued for the town and by then it was way, way too late. And they werent the only ones. There are quite a few town north of Melbourne now that have totally ceased to exist.

Happy that today is a nicer day in St. John's, so I can go and do stuff without being lectured that I'll get cold.

:D

Back