• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

So what should we name the JSS, the LPD and the Icebreakers?

Mortar guy said:
Damn straight. Let's get some fightin' soundin' names for our ships! Lakes, rivers, islands, cities, flowers - it's all been done. How about we bring back HMCS Warrior or HMCS Magnificent. Or name them after our better Admirals and Generals like HMCS L.W. Murray; HMCS H.G. De Wolf; HMCS A.W. Currie. Or, for even more fightin' soundin' names, HMCS Mortar Guy; HMCS COBRA-6 etc. I think I might get one vote for the last idea.

MG

HMCS Teddy Ruxpin??  ;D

I think that when we ever get new frigates/destroyers we should bring back the Cayuga... :)

Hmmmm
Brewery class ships?
- HMCS Molson
- it's LCs / Ship tenders (aka the six pack) would be called: Export, Dry, Canadian, etc
- HMCS Labatt
- it's LCs / Ship tenders (aka the six pack) would be called: 50, Blue, Blue dry, etc
- HMCS Sleeman
- it's LCs / Ship tenders (aka the six pack) would be called: Silver creek, etc....
- HMCS Olin
- it's LCs / Ship tenders (aka the six pack) would be called: Schooner, Moosehead, IPA, etc.....
How patriotic is that?

Sorry to break the thread here, don't know if my head's been in the sand or something thing, but I didn't know we were getting an LPD? Is this for sure?? Could some one  ???please put in the link if a done deal. ??? ???

Not even close to a done deal there monster. The CDS has made reference to the purchase of a "Big Honking Ship" with amphib-like capabilities. Also the SCTF "project" has begun to look at options for this BHS. If you have access to the DIN, go to the CID and look at the SRB presentation for the SCTF. Or even just check out the Army SCTF WG on the LFDTS site. There is nothing to say that we will get a LPD as other options (LSD and LPH) are being looked at too.

Le Cheers

MG

Back