• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2011-2012

With reference to rations and rent, right now I clear a little less then $500 a month at CMR.  It's not too bad for a student.

ringknocker82 said:
Wow, finally. How about Haldimand? Has it been renovated? Haldibugs, yuck. I was lucky enough to be in Sauve my last two years sans roommate. Rations has sky rocketed since I was there. RMC is certainly not what it used to be, but evolution is the key to growth.

Hadlimand is the best building on campus now. Completely renovated with awesome washrooms, laundry room and of course rooms. After your first year your pretty much guaranteed your own room because their aren't a lot of double rooms in the building.

Lucky to be in Sauve!  :eek: A lot of people in Sauve bitch about how they want to be in the Boat or Haldimand. That's not to say Sauve is that bad but half our washrooms and laundry rooms are being renovated (yes, on a 8 year old building...) due to mold. Lasalle is so so but it needs some renovations. The carpets stink! (and the constant fire alarms...)

RMC in constantly changing. It's changed a fair deal in my short time here and I'm sure its not done changing.

macknightcr said:
With reference to rations and rent, right now I clear a little less then $500 a month at CMR.  It's not too bad for a student.

That's weird. A couple of years ago I was clearing roughly 600$ a month a CMR. Hummm

yoman said:
Lucky to be in Sauve!  :eek: A lot of people in Sauve ***** about how they want to be in the Boat or Haldimand. That's not to say Sauve is that bad but half our washrooms and laundry rooms are being renovated (yes, on a 8 year old building...) due to mold. Lasalle is so so but it needs some renovations. The carpets stink! (and the constant fire alarms...)

RMC in constantly changing. It's changed a fair deal in my short time here and I'm sure its not done changing.

That's weird. A couple of years ago I was clearing roughly 600$ a month a CMR. Hummm

I actually lived out my last 2 years because of the Haldimand/boat renovations, so I was really only maintaining a room for inspection. Sauve was wayyy better than Champlain where I started (go Vercheres). But i wouldn't want to live in the boat, way too isolated and almost everyone, including 4th years had roommates. Not sure if you're currently at RMC, but if you are, friendly piece of advice, enjoy your time there, it flies by and there's no experience like it. Give me a beer!  :cheers:

ringknocker82 said:
Not sure if you're currently at RMC, but if you are, friendly piece of advice, enjoy your time there, it flies by and there's no experience like it.  Give me a beer!  :cheers:
I am currently in Quebec, but will be in Kingston starting in September and cannot wait.  It is supposed to be amazing, and compared to CMR I hope so.

yoman said:

Like said before, things change from year to year.  This year we saw an room rate increase, and with that a decrease in pay.  It works out for me though because I am in a single room and pay the same as someone sharing a room haha. 

ringknocker82 said:
I actually lived out my last 2 years because of the Haldimand/boat renovations, so I was really only maintaining a room for inspection. Sauve was wayyy better than Champlain where I started (go Vercheres). But i wouldn't want to live in the boat, way too isolated and almost everyone, including 4th years had roommates. Not sure if you're currently at RMC, but if you are, friendly piece of advice, enjoy your time there, it flies by and there's no experience like it. Give me a beer!  :cheers:

One year left after this year.  :nod: But yes I'm trying to enjoy it the most I can while I'm here.

macknightcr said:
I am currently in Quebec, but will be in Kingston starting in September and cannot wait.  It is supposed to be amazing, and compared to CMR I hope so.

CMR is excellent in its own ways, you'll realize that once you get to Kingston. Both places have their own advantages as well as disadvantages.

macknightcr said:
Like said before, things change from year to year.  This year we saw an room rate increase, and with that a decrease in pay.  It works out for me though because I am in a single room and pay the same as someone sharing a room haha. 

An increase of a 100$ in 2 yrs is somewhat concerning to me. Just like CMR, the rations and quarters rate increases at RMC almost every year. Usually only by a couple percentage points but its still an increase nevertheless.

yoman said:
An increase of a 100$ in 2 yrs is somewhat concerning to me. Just like CMR, the rations and quarters rate increases at RMC almost every year. Usually only by a couple percentage points but its still an increase nevertheless.

The rate for PMQs/SQs on the base in Kingston have raised the last couple years as well. This year there was no raise, however.

So tomorrow(supposedly) is the big day. Where boards begin to sit, an by the end of the next few weeks we should all be hearing the great/good/bad news. :)

I won't be here all week, so Good Luck to all the applicants!

I wait anxiously/excitedly for news. I applied for junior ROTP at CMR, since I think the prep year will be a big benefit to me, so I hope that I'll be seeing all you Quebeckers and other junior ROTP applicants soon!

I think everyone is getting pretty anxious at this point. I know for sure I am. Has anyone else on here applied for Nursing Officer? If so Is anyone planning to come to Dalhousie in Halifax?

Agreed, I would assume that everyone is quite anxious and excited, I know I am! Hopefully we will start to hear something by the end of this week and everyone hear something over the next few weeks. Good luck everyone!

It's so awesome to see the Enthusiasm, but I didn't get my call till the middle of May and I heard there were some as late as July. Do not let the lack of communication deter you especially if you have handed in your application. The recruiting office will tell you whether or not you were accepted.
Good luck to all of you! Hope do see you in Gagetown if you are Combat Arms  ;D.

I believe they call you either way. Someone from last year or earlier will be able to provide a better answer though.

You should get an answer either way. They may also send letters as they had years back to some people. If you don't hear anything by mid-April then call them.

I had not heard anything, but I saw everyone saying that they had been accepted.  I called my RC and they had all the acceptances but hadn't started making any calls.  I fortunate enough to have a great recruiter who told me right then that I had been accepted. 

Good luck everyone.

JRBond said:
I think everyone is getting pretty anxious at this point. I know for sure I am. Has anyone else on here applied for Nursing Officer? If so Is anyone planning to come to Dalhousie in Halifax?

I applied for Nursing Officer! I am currently in my second year at UNB though. Hopefully we are both successful!

@ OneMissionAtaTime: You should never wish gagetown on anyone lol.

Hopefully the CF wont take its time getting back to us all about our applications.

JRBond said:

I also applied for Nursing Officer! I have applied for the second degree entry programs which are only two years. I am currently a science teacher, but hope to change fields and join the CF. I have been accepted at Humber College (in collaboration with UNB) and University of Lethbridge.

Haha Clancy, it's not bad after you get passed the nothing to when you have weekend leave ( Except Drinking  ;D) , the constant mosquitos, the godawful weather, the waist deep swamps, the thick forests and the constant reminder that you are here for another 10 weeks and of course... More Mosquitos..

Back