• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2011-2012

Well, technically speaking, my application IS complete, since I have done and passed all the steps. I'm just rewriting the CFAT at their request, because my file manager really wants to give me a job, but I need a higher math score for him to be able to give me one.

Well the advice to ask your recruiting centre still stands. I have no experience with the position you are in. It sounds as if you should be ok to get everything in before the selection hearing, but that is pure speculation on my part. Ask the recruiting centre, and if they say it will be too late, ask if there is any way you can take it earlier. If you are too late, it will be just barely too late, so a week, or even a day, might make the difference. Good luck with that.

2010newbie said:
You do not get the "1" until after ASC. They have to get the medical info from all the DRDC pokes and prods first....

That is what I thought too, but I got the information from the Captain who interviewed me. In any case, whatever they are doing with my file, it is in Toronto being evaluated...

Hey guys,

I know this has been posted before, but I couldn't find it, so I thought I'd ask again.

I have my Target Interview and CFAT monday. Should I wear a shirt and tie? or Shirt, tie, and suit jacket?

Thanks guys!

Maverick94 said:
Hey guys,

I know this has been posted before, but I couldn't find it, so I thought I'd ask again.

I have my Target Interview and CFAT monday. Should I wear a shirt and tie? or Shirt, tie, and suit jacket?

Thanks guys!

Wear whatever you feel is appropriate. Just remember that what you wear goes a long way towards giving the interviewer an indication as to your mindset and character.

You don't need a suit, but a shirt and tie will go a long way to show a good first impression. Especially since you're applying to be an Officer.

When I went into the recruiting centre, I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt for my medical and CFAT. Well, not for the medical, but thats what I wore to the recruiting centre nonetheless. However, I did bring a suit with me later that day for my interview. I was the only one who was doing any testing that day that was wearing a suit.

If I were to do it again, I would DEFINITELY, without a doubt, wear a suit. I did feel like a bit of a good wearing a suit, but it was beneficial to me for two reasons. The first is that it is an interview to be an officer, a leader. If you wear a suit it tells them you are serious, you want the job, and that you respect the job you are applying for, and the CF. Attention to detail with your suit says a lot. Attention to detail with a polo shirt, or something similar, does not say as much. My second reason is that when I put my suit on, I felt 10 times more confident, and I know this effect is true of a lot of people. When I put on a suit, I automatically stand straighter, sit straighter, speak more eloquently, and ultimately, I just feel good. That was the main benefit for me.

However, if I didn't own a suit, I wouldn't have bought one for the occasion, but I still would have had dress shoes, dress pants, a shirt with a collar, and a tie. It really is up to you. It is your future.

I am applying for ROTP as well, and I just finished all of my initial tests and interviews. They are reviewing my file as we speak. My grade 11 marks were a bit low and I'm just working hard in grade 12 to make up for that. Hopefully application process goes smoothly. Good luck to everyone else who is applying!  :)

So guys its been awhile since I last posted

So far about a month and a week after completing the CFAT, I finally received a phone call. My interview is this Tuesday and I very nervous. I hope all goes well, and good luck to the rest of you guys as well.

Hey guys, just got my papers in for RMC. Applying for Infantry officer position. How long did some of you have to wait to get medicals and your CFAT?

I had to wait almost 2 months, and I only get in as early as I did because I told them I was flying down to the CFRC and wanted to do it then. I know that some people have done it within a week, but I think these people usually live close to their CFRC. For me, the CFRC was waiting to decide if they would come up to conduct all the interviews and CFAT in my hometown. So, from my experience, (not that it counts for much) if you live close to your CFRC and you filled everything out correctly, you should be hoping to do your CFAT soon, but definitely by mid January.

I did my CFAT in less than a week after handing in my application. They offered for me to take it like 2 days after I handed it in, but I wanted more time to study.

Dlew said:
How long did some of you have to wait to get medicals and your CFAT?

I got a call two days after I handed in my papers and my CFAT, medical, and interview was scheduled for two weeks after. So all very fast for me, anyway good luck Dlew.

Is anyone else in the stage where Ottawa is reviewing their medical file? That's right about where I am at right now, and apparently there is a delay in my file. I am assuming it is because of a high volume of work, or something like that, for the physicians in Ottawa, mainly because, as far as I know, I am in perfect health, so is my family, and I have had no serious injuries or chronic symptoms. Any else being held up in this stage or no?

I just did my medical last week, so I would assume that my medical file is under review by Ottawa as well...

Same thing for me. I thought the medical file was reviewed in Toronto thought.

I handed my application on the second week of May, I was called for the CFAT second week of September. I did the CFAT end of September, interview and medicals in October.

No, it is completed in Ottawa.

I cannot comment on my medical as mine is already on hold due to the requirement of a note from my doctor. So I guess I am in the same boat as well. :)

Ah so the interview was good, I totally stressed myself out for no reason.
The interviewer told me that my file has been reviewed by RMC and they have found me to be suitable, she also stated that I would be merit listed. All sections/parts of my application have been finished and no hiccups were found in my medical . So now the fun part begins... the wait. I wish you guys all luck.

Back