• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2011-2012

I also applied for the prep year at st. jean, incase I don't get selected for ROTP at a university or RMC... is the prep year at st. jean equally as hard to get into? or is it easier?

Intelligence, Armor,Infantry.
My interviewer was telling me that for Intel only a very small number of applicants get accepted. She said it was a greater likelihood if I am chosen that options 2 or 3 would probably be what I receive.

Even so, someone has to get the job; it might as well be you. You are right on track to getting it anyways. Good job!!

Ok. So I think I have been reading the Admission Requirements wrong. For the longest time I thought I needed a 70% Average of my 4 Academic Grade 12 Courses. Now I'm reading it as I need above 70% Average in my top 6 Grade 12 Courses.(I'm Applying for Arts.) My top 6 Grade 12 Courses my average is about 75-80%(I haven't gotten my report card back yet.) However apparently I need 70% in Math 11 or 12. I got 70% In Math 11. But this year in Math 12 I got 67% in the first term. Is there any way to tell them that I'm still working really hard throughout the year to get that Math mark up. Or would they just skip the Math 12 and see that I got 70% in Math 11? I'm sooo worried about my Grades right now..it's ridiculous. I worked my butt off just to get an average in the 70's. :(

I wrote my CFAT today. I know its a little late, but they said we all did very well. Good news,

Now for what i'm worried about

Through grade 10 up until second semester of Grade 12 I used marijuana roughly twice a month. As well i tried Mushrooms 3 times in that time period. (Last time in September 2009)...

I wrote all that down on the Drug Sheet you write after you write the CFAT.

It was Honest but I know i've made a huge mistake in the past.

Has anyone else applying done mushrooms if so how far are they in the application or has anyone been declined due to prior mushroom use? I know it is a hallucinogenic, and to be honest the 8 hour high was not worth it at all. I'm not asking for sympathy, I know I messed up bad, big time.. I am just wondering am Itotally screwed or not?

Edit: I applied for Military Policing and Training and Development and Artillery if that helps.

well, you can talk to your military career counsellor about it during your interview, and see what he/she has to say.

Also, does anyone know how you submit your grade 12 marks to the recruiting centre, do you just give them a copy of your report card or something? Thanks

runormal - I just wanted to point out that you'll need to consider at least one other choice of trade.

You won't be able to keep Training Development on your list of choices. You're nowhere near meeting the entry qualifications for that - it's DEO only, and not part of ROTP. For DEO in general you need at least a Bachelor's, and specifically for TDO you need a post graduate degree and experience in adult education. The other route to TDO is via an occupational transfer once you have experience in another trade.

Just so you know for when you go back. Better run through the list and have some other choices in mind.

Good luck!

Cui said:
well, you can talk to your military career counsellor about it during your interview, and see what he/she has to say.

Also, does anyone know how you submit your grade 12 marks to the recruiting centre, do you just give them a copy of your report card or something? Thanks
Ask your Highschool to get an "Offical Transcript" and bring that to the CFRC.

(Mine was printed on very nice paper, with a seal on it and everything.)

Thanks everyone so far.

@Exgunnertdo
- Ah my apologizes,i thought it was. Nonetheless i will look at the trades and search for another one. Thanks for the Heads up!

Edit2: I just called my File manager today, he said nothing of it, but then i just asked about the medical schedule. I'm going to remain hopeful for now.

thanks, though the thing is that I am currently in grade 12 and have already submitted my transcript with my marks up to grade 11, I'm wondering if I should provide updates for my marks in grade 12 by means of report cards.

When I asked my career counsellor about it during my interview, he gave a vague answer about it, I don't know if anyone has any insight into this

thanks

I Would it wouldn't hurt to. I gave them my Mid term marks i'm a 5th year HS.

Plus if you failed a course they will find out.

You could Opt out and wait until First Semester Finals in your Mid Terms aren't what you wanted.

Although. I don't think your marks really matter any more if you get to write the CFAT, because they told me at my local CFRC, "You will either get called to write the CFAT, or we will call you and say processing will stop here".

If you in the area might aswell add it to your file, if its a hassle to get the CFRC then i wouldn't. But to be 100% just call your local CFRC, they are really friendly and their job is to help you.

I guess it also depends on how your grades were to right like if your 11s were 70s but 12s are 80s, defintely do it. But to be safe, just call the CFRC .

Mark do still matter after you have written the CFAT! Especially grade 12 marks! Those courses in grade 12 are required courses for programs at university and at RMC; they are very important to the application process! You will need to submit them eventually. Personally I would wait until I have my first semester final marks in before I send another Official Transcript, but that's just me. I am quite sure you will be told if your file has a gap in it regarding your education.

As for the drugs, honesty was definitely your best bet. Complete abstinence is also your best bet at this point. Personally, I don't think it will screw you over, and you have done everything in your power to bring yourself back up to a level playing field. I assure you, you are not the ONLY person applying to the CF who has done drugs before, or drank obscene amounts underage, and so forth. People make mistakes when they are young. Being honest is the only thing you can do to show that you aren't as immature as you once were when you took the drugs!

Though I agree with the position the above comment takes in reference to drugs and honesty, I would not take that response to mean that career wise he will in anyway benefit from the honesty.

I feel it is best that you wrote it down rather than they find say facebook photos stating otherwise or whatnot, however I can see how it could conceivably hurt your strength as an applicant. It might be best to use the chat with a recruiter function on the forces.ca website. That can likely yield better answers than random current ROTP people (such as myself) or prospective ROTP applicants (such as Pudd).

Thanks i will do that, i will let everyone know how it turns out. I imagine i won't find out anything until i go to book my medical.

I am going to ask a recuriter online tomorrow and see what they have to say.

I'm glad I have a "Fair" amount of time for being clean. Its been 8 months for weed and 16 months for mushrooms. I had been smoking weed on and off for a few years. 15- 18 (3 -4) so that fact that i have been clean for almost 25% of my total drug using career that makes me feel better... 

If i get declined, i apply next year if possible.

Best of luck to everyone.

@Pudd i totally forget about the grade 12 marks. You are defintely right.

Good point Rogo. Being honest about drug use won't put you in a better light than someone who hasn't used drugs at all. In my own opinion, I just think it levels the playing field. But a recruiter would indeed have more info about how steep the hill is you have to climb, runormal.

Yeah i totally agree.

I just know if i hadn't of put down the correct and they would of found out i would of been kicked out for sure. If they can't trust you over that what can they.

I feel in a way I have a slight advatange over someone who hasn't applied, as I am already "In the system" so to say, its obvious they wanted me otherwise they wouldn't of booked me to write the CFAT.

Who knows. I wish i hadn't of but it is to late now.

Edit:

Just talked to live chat and they told me that my prior use will be brought up in the medical and the medical staff will determine whether or not the process can continue. So I still have a chance :) My medical will be in early January. so i will know hten.

The prior drug use will come up in your MPOAC. If you are applying for Military Police Officer, you will have to do a 3-4 day assessment center at CFB Borden.

Hey guys,

I would like to say that during my application process I put down that I have smoked weed and have done mushrooms. I only used each about four times each in my young life so far and have for over a year now but I was still concerned when I put it down, though when I spoke to the carrier councilor he said that it was within "limits". So I am assuming from this phrase that there is a guideline that must be followed in terms of how much one can consume before questions are raised, and I also know for sure that if you have done any sort of illegal drug within six months of your application you will be put on hold or declined.

nairna said:
Hey guys,

I would like to say that during my application process I put down that I have smoked weed and have done mushrooms. I only used each about four times each in my young life so far and have for over a year now but I was still concerned when I put it down, though when I spoke to the carrier councilor he said that it was within "limits". So I am assuming from this phrase that there is a guideline that must be followed in terms of how much one can consume before questions are raised, and I also know for sure that if you have done any sort of illegal drug within six months of your application you will be put on hold or declined.

THANK GOD! I feel a lot better!

.. I thought i was getting axed for sure

I did mushrooms 3 times last time in October 09
I did marijuana like 50 times in a 4 year span (Twice a month) I quit in April 2010. 8 Months clean.

I'm sure i will have to explain my usage of alchohol and marijuana. But i'm not as worried now.

Thank you Nairna, now i can sort of relax.

runormal and nairna

Perhaps as young aspiring officers you may want to practice some research skills and look at our topics that cover "Drugs".  That would keep your prior habits, or indiscretions, in those threads and not the RMC/ROTP threads.

Agreed, but since someone concerned with their ROTP application asked on this forum an not that one, and I had information that he may find useful I posted here.

Back