• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one can tell you your chances. That question has been asked with the same answer many times. Good luck in your endeavors but please read before you post next time.

Hello,

Would you guys mind giving me some advice/predictions regarding my chance of getting admitted into the ROTP program?

Here's my info:
- Year 1, currently studying Honours Bachelor of Science in University of Toronto Scarborough (average of 3.30 SGPA)
- IB Diploma graduate
- Alberta High School Diploma Graduate - English (63%), Physics (68%), Math 30 (92%), Math 31 (95%), Chinese (94%)
- lots of extra-cirriculars, including cadets, yearbook club (high school), chinese school, kumon math program, wing chun, currently holding two positions of two clubs at my University, and being a civilian instructor at a cadet squadron.

I am really scared because my English mark and my Physics mark are especially low.

Thanks for any advice/predictions.

Kelsia

Even with only those marks, you come up with a 82.4 average, which is decent. If you do well during your first semester at university, you can append your university marks to your file, and they will get taken into consideration in your merit list ranking.

Nobody can tell you "what your chances are", since it all depends on this year's crop of applicant and number of available positions, but from what I can see things are not as bad as you think. One thing that could help you would be getting job experience.

Bottom line, make your application as competitive as possible, and work hard. After all, you can always reapply next year if it doesn't pan out. Also there's a bit of luck involved, I just got in and my CEGEP grades were rather substandard, but because the other parts of my application were pretty competitive, I managed to snag a spot, probably from someone who dropped out of the program would be my guess.

generalmeng said:
What do you want to apply for?

I applied for Pilot and Aerospace Control Officer as my second choice.

Chelomo said:
Even with only those marks, you come up with a 82.4 average, which is decent. If you do well during your first semester at university, you can append your university marks to your file, and they will get taken into consideration in your merit list ranking.

Nobody can tell you "what your chances are", since it all depends on this year's crop of applicant and number of available positions, but from what I can see things are not as bad as you think. One thing that could help you would be getting job experience.

Bottom line, make your application as competitive as possible, and work hard. After all, you can always reapply next year if it doesn't pan out. Also there's a bit of luck involved, I just got in and my CEGEP grades were rather substandard, but because the other parts of my application were pretty competitive, I managed to snag a spot, probably from someone who dropped out of the program would be my guess.

I see. Thank you very much. Glad to know that I can re-apply if I am not getting admission this year.

Yeah, though as I'm sure you're aware, Pilot is a very competitive trade. Manage your expectations accordingly.

I have to ask the question:
How can an individual be strong in Math but not in Physics? There are very "intertwined" and I would think that Physics would be helpful in becoming a Pilot.

curious22 said:
I have to ask the question:
How can an individual be strong in Math but not in Physics? There are very "intertwined" and I would think that Physics would be helpful in becoming a Pilot.

Math has a lot of memorization while physics involves concepts. What I notice from a lot of my students in the past, many of them tried to memorize physics. The result of that is, they get overwhelmed and poor performance.

-75% average in all marks for all my years put together but on track for at least an 80 average this year
-member of student council, chair of the clubs and organizations committee
-member of the towns youth council, director of external affairs
-Master of Ceremonies at both organisations Talent Shows 
-captain of the Improv team
-work as a swimming instructor
-strong suits  are law and english
-average in the sciences
-barely scratch off a pass in math
My choices were Infantry, Armored, and Artillery and I put my stuff in October
How do you guys think I will stake up? Anything else I should put under my belt?

Looks good, just be confident and be yourself. If this is what you want to do, does it matter what the challenges are?

As mentioned before it all depends on who else is applying that year. Remember that you are fighting for a spot against every other applicant from across Canada, to give an example of how competitive that is when I went through the process they were taking 35 people on as Infantry officers, 10 as Combat Engineers and 10 in Armored.

What this means for the applicant is that you are never ever "Good Enough." If you can get better grades do it, if you have time to add more extra curriculars  then go out and get some. Go get a part time job or take part in activities that give you skills that you can transfer over to the forces. Go to the gym and get in the best shape of your life, practice taking an interview and figure out exactly what your reasons are for joining. Learn everything you can about the trades you are applying for. There is always a way for you to improve yourself and it is up to you to find the motivation to give 110% every day.

I have just been called to take an aptitude test in January. I asked them about my academic profile, and they said that RMC categorized mine as suitable! So excited but so worried at the same time.  :-[

veryniceguy said:
00189 - 46 - AF ENGR - DEO/ROTP - VIE 6/VIE 10
That one should be "CONST ENGR".  The AF Engr occupation is gone.

Question to anyone with information relevant to this issue:
What is the general turn-around time from RMC after one has submitted their Academic questionnaire and transcript? and, Is there anyway I can contact RMC directly?

I am asking this because i sent my AQ and transcript to RMC around early mid-November and after receiving an auto E-mail stating that they have received the aforementioned, I have received zero communication from: North bay, My local recruiting center or RMC. (I have sent 2 emails to north bay asking if any word has reached them from RMC, Spaced around 2 weeks apart, but had no response to those emails as well.)

Can anyone assist me? as you can imagine, this is kinda worrying for me.

Thank you for your time.

TTB4570 said:
Question to anyone with information relevant to this issue:
What is the general turn-around time from RMC after one has submitted their Academic questionnaire and transcript? and, Is there anyway I can contact RMC directly?

I am asking this because i sent my AQ and transcript to RMC around early mid-November and after receiving an auto E-mail stating that they have received the aforementioned, I have received zero communication from: North bay, My local recruiting center or RMC. (I have sent 2 emails to north bay asking if any word has reached them from RMC, Spaced around 2 weeks apart, but had no response to those emails as well.)

Can anyone assist me? as you can imagine, this is kinda worrying for me.

Thank you for your time.

You do realize that they are still on Christmas Leave so don't expect an answer.

NFLD Sapper said:
You do realize that they are still on Christmas Leave so don't expect an answer.

To be honest, I actually didn't know that, but thank you for the speedy reply.
So the entirety of Recruiting is on leave right now?

NFLD Sapper said:
Pretty much the whole CAF is on Christmas Leave...
alright, thank you for the clarification, do you happen to know when they will return?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back