• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Advice/Am I good enough for RMC?

Rlthomasjk

Reaction score
I know this question is very repetitive and asked a lot but I didn't see anybody with a similar situation to mine so I figured I would ask. If anybody is currently enrolled in an ROTP or RMC program, tips would be greatly appreciated.
I am going to be applying for the trade of Pilot through the ROTP program and hoping to take physics as a major. I am currently in Grade 11 and my attributes are as followed.
Grades:
Grade 10 - 88% average
Grade 11 as of mid term - 91% average with a 96% in physics and a 88% in French
Sports:
Hockey (2009-current)
Baseball (2013-2020 covid ended it for me)
Soccer (2009-2019)
Golf (As Hobby, 2018-current)
Also variety of school sports pre covid.
Work Experience:
Grocery Store - Supervisor of department
Ref - Soccer
Score keeper - Hockey
Extracurriculars :
Flight Training (Paid for myself)
Volunteer Work:
Food Bank (5-20 hrs a week)
Community Garden (1-5 hrs a week)
Tutor (Math and Science, 0 as of right now)
Various other small things summing up to about 25 hrs.
Hoping to have around 150-200 by the time I apply.

I feel some what pleased but also want to make sure I have the best possible chance, if anybody has any tips or advice for things I can do better or just things about RMC/ROTP, they would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Last edited:
I don’t know… seems weak. Try harder. Best bring that physics up a tad.

Your academics and extra curriculars are fine, it's what job you will end up doing that will most likely be the limiting factor, if you are going for a job like pilot then your application will mostly depend on your cfast and subsequent testing, and if you go for a job thats not as in demand or competitive then statistically your odds will be much higher

Your academics and extra curriculars are fine, it's what job you will end up doing that will most likely be the limiting factor, if you are going for a job like pilot then your application will mostly depend on your cfast and subsequent testing, and if you go for a job thats not as in demand or competitive then statistically your odds will be much higher
Thank you.

Thank you.
The other factor to consider that would also increase your odds would be if you were willing to play one of the higher level sports at rmc (of which I believe both soccer and hockey are a part of), but I am unfamiliar what processes (if any) exist to highlight that or if it's an automatic part of the application

The other factor to consider that would also increase your odds would be if you were willing to play one of the higher level sports at rmc (of which I believe both soccer and hockey are a part of), but I am unfamiliar what processes (if any) exist to highlight that or if it's an automatic part of the
The other factor to consider that would also increase your odds would be if you were willing to play one of the higher level sports

Sorry I’m doing this on my phone but thank you, I wouldn’t say I’m university level good at both soccer and hockey but that might be something I can do, thanks.

I know this question is very repetitive and asked a lot but I didn't see anybody with a similar situation to mine so I figured I would ask. If anybody is currently enrolled in an ROTP or RMC program, tips would be greatly appreciated.
I am going to be applying for the trade of Pilot through the ROTP program and hoping to take physics as a major. I am currently in Grade 11 and my attributes are as followed.
Grades:
Grade 10 - 88% average
Grade 11 as of mid term - 91% average with a 96% in physics and a 88% in French
Sports:
Hockey (2009-current)
Baseball (2013-2020 covid ended it for me)
Soccer (2009-2019)
Golf (As Hobby, 2018-current)
Also variety of school sports pre covid.
Work Experience:
Grocery Store - Supervisor of department
Ref - Soccer
Score keeper - Hockey
Extracurriculars :
Flight Training (Paid for myself)
Volunteer Work:
Food Bank (5-20 hrs a week)
Community Garden (1-5 hrs a week)
Tutor (Math and Science, 0 as of right now)
Various other small things summing up to about 25 hrs.
Hoping to have around 150-200 by the time I apply.

I feel some what pleased but also want to make sure I have the best possible chance, if anybody has any tips or advice for things I can do better or just things about RMC/ROTP, they would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
If you're wanting piot, the most important thing is that you pass the pilot test because a lot of people fail there. If not pilot, your marks are more than high enough to get in, there are people with averages around 75 and I wonder how they got accepted. Experience and stuff is good too, just focus on CFAT and passing your aircrew test for pilot. I don't know about volunteer work lol, just fill your 40 hours in you're living in Onatrio. FOr sports, I don't know about the hockey team but you probably can try for the soccer team as it's not hard.

To summarize, the marks and stuff are more than good enough for ROTP, but for pilot is unknown because the aircrew test is the most important,. Just one question, why do you wanna do physics?

If you're wanting piot, the most important thing is that you pass the pilot test because a lot of people fail there. If not pilot, your marks are more than high enough to get in, there are people with averages around 75 and I wonder how they got accepted. Experience and stuff is good too, just focus on CFAT and passing your aircrew test for pilot. I don't know about volunteer work lol, just fill your 40 hours in you're living in Onatrio. FOr sports, I don't know about the hockey team but you probably can try for the soccer team as it's not hard.

To summarize, the marks and stuff are more than good enough for ROTP, but for pilot is unknown because the aircrew test is the most important,. Just one question, why do you wanna do physics?
Physics is really one of the only classes I actually enjoy learning/thinking about. For a little while my plan was to take engineering in uni but I just don't really feel like I will enjoy it as much as physics. For some reason, the thought of learning why things do things is appealing to me. Also would I take my aircrew selection test in my grade 12 year as well as the CFAT or just the CFAT?

Physics is really one of the only classes I actually enjoy learning/thinking about. For a little while my plan was to take engineering in uni but I just don't really feel like I will enjoy it as much as physics. For some reason, the thought of learning why things do things is appealing to me. Also would I take my aircrew selection test in my grade 12 year as well as the CFAT or just the CFAT?
It's a multi step system, first and foremost you'll fill out the online application, then you'll do your basic medical, interview and CFAT. Provided you pass all you'll be contacted to book a spot for the CFAST in Trenton. If that's passed you'll be contacted for a medical in Toronto. Following that you'll go on a competition list and wait to be selected (which is never guaranteed). In my case it took about 6 months from initial appointment at the recruiting center to being selected, with about a month in between by CFAT and aircrew, then 3 more months until my medical, then about 2 months of waiting

To directly answer your question then yes you probably will do everything during the grade 12 year, that's what one of the guys I did aircrew with did

Hello!

I am a current student at RMC and my grades on my application were lower than yours. I would say that you are definitely quite competitive and you mustn't worry too much about the application process. Odds are if you are doing that well in school you will probably do well on the CFAT. They do in fact factor in things such as your hobbies and volunteer work. Keep working hard throughout the last bit of highschool and you should be alright provided the other parts of the application process are good as well. If you have any questions feel free to reach out.

Back