• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goose15 said:
Okay so Safari 6 should be added to the list of problems because that is what I was using (and all my files were grayscale and under 6MB). Firefox is what I used when it worked so there you go!

You can report the problem with "Safari 6" directly to RMC by emailing this to  support@rmc.ca  Please "specify" that you are using the "ROTP Link provided by CF Recruiting".

DAA said:
You can report the problem with "Safari 6" directly to RMC by emailing this to  support@rmc.ca  Please "specify" that you are using the "ROTP Link provided by CF Recruiting".

Okay, I will do that.

Hey guys!

Another year for application at RMC. How are you guys doing so far? How far are you into the Application?
I have received my e-mail with a link for an Academic Questionnaire, but guess what? There's no Applicant Number!!!

Are you kidding me?

Anyone else having this problem? In any case, I hope for the others the best of luck in making it into what I consider
Canada's Most Prestigious University.

Long Live the Great White North!!  :cdn: :cdn: :cdn:

Uhmm I got the e-mail specifying the Academic Questionnaire, but the applicant number seemed to be nowhere in sight. Anyone
else having this problem?

Also, in the last question they ask "Why do you want to Join RMC?" And they give 2 FULL pages to answer. Do we have to write up all these 2 pages?

Fadiko said:
Uhmm I got the e-mail specifying the Academic Questionnaire, but the applicant number seemed to be nowhere in sight. Anyone
else having this problem?

Also, in the last question they ask "Why do you want to Join RMC?" And they give 2 FULL pages to answer. Do we have to write up all these 2 pages?

Reply to the email and let them know (politely) that you did not receive an applicant number and they will send it to you.

You may may write as much or as little as you want.

Fadiko said:
Hey guys!

Another year for application at RMC. How are you guys doing so far? How far are you into the Application?
I have received my e-mail with a link for an Academic Questionnaire, but guess what? There's no Applicant Number!!!

Are you kidding me?

Anyone else having this problem? In any case, I hope for the others the best of luck in making it into what I consider
Canada's Most Prestigious University.

Long Live the Great White North!!  :cdn: :cdn: :cdn:

I replied to your post on another thread.

People with similar questions ask them here :
RMC Portal Issues and Academic Questionnaire problems ->
http://forums.navy.ca/forums/threads/112516.0.html

Is anyone else having issues with the PDF of the questionnaire not resizing the font? Text over 3 lines is currently being cut off.

Assuming you downloaded the one from the link and NOT an old one, I would recommend making sure your adobe downloads are up to fate.

a.schamb said:
Is anyone else having issues with the PDF of the questionnaire not resizing the font? Text over 3 lines is currently being cut off.

If the updates didn't help email: support@rmc.ca

Goose15 said:
Assuming you downloaded the one from the link and NOT an old one, I would recommend making sure your adobe downloads are up to fate.

a.schamb said:

Yeah, I had the same problem on my laptop with the font size not updating properly and found updating my Adobe Reader program fixed the issue.

http://get.adobe.com/reader/

Paul_Ontario said:
Yeah, I had the same problem on my laptop with the font size not updating properly and found updating my Adobe Reader program fixed the issue.

http://get.adobe.com/reader/

Glad to hear that worked!

Goose15 said:

This worked, thanks a bunch!

Here is my situation. I just recently applied for RMCC through the ROTP program. I want to pursue a degree in Psychology at RMCC with my top 3 trades being MPO, PLT and INT.
I work 20-30 hours a week, I participate in many high school sports and attend a boxing/jiujitsu club 6-8 hours a week. I am fluently bilingual and am in very great shape. I've been Captain in a couple sports teams, which, in my opinion, displays characteristic of a leader...

Here's the shitty part;
I didn't really start caring about school until last year. I am currently in my fifth year taking 12U Physics, Chemistry, English and French. My average last year was 89% but only ONE of those courses were 12U. I estimate my 6 12U course averages will be roughly 78-83% after my completion of this 5th year.
I am seeking opinions on wether or not you believe I could be a successful candidate or not..
any opinion is appreciated. I realize the CFAT results and interview are very important to my admission. CFAT is scheduled for a few weeks from now. I am confident in my ability to make an impact in the interview as well.

Thanks everyone.

Duffy

First off good luck on the app! Unfortunately it really is impossible to say whether or not you will be a successful applicant.

Remember though, if you don't get in this year but you truly want to be a member of the CAF, you can reapply to ROTP while attending a civilian college until you graduate. If you don't get in before you graduate you can apply for DEO. Just work on your grades as well as becoming a more competitive applicant overall and apply until you get in!

Even 78% is significantly higher than many people who were accepted to RMC when I was there. Keep in mind that there are four pillars of RMC - academics, leadership, bilingualism and athletics. Even if you aren't fantastic in one, you can make up for it - both during the application process, and when you're there. Don't let a weaker standing in one area get you down too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back