• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
For all those who are attending first year at CMR Saint Jean,
A letter I received from DnD in the past few days noted that I would be spending all 4 years at CMR Saint-Jean, rather than the first year as I had been informed by my CFRC. I just returned from my CFRC (Ottawa), and they informed me that the mistake is a typographical error, and that what they had previously stated about the 1:3 arrangement was true. Apparently all the letters sent out from at least that CFRC, although possibly all of them, contained the same error.
You may still want to contact your CFRC to confirm, but keep this in mind.

Just wondering if any ROTP offers for civi Universities have gone out yet.  I'm not talking about Reserves/CT, just new recruits for ROTP.  Thanks!

ROTPApplicantWLU said:
My file manager told me he expects them to start going out early May.

I would have to agree with this comment.    :nod:

But I mean for the CT ROTP at RMC when it gonna be? At the same time of the CivU?

This thread should be locked until July, when everyone knows where they are going.  All that happens here is baseless speculation, ridiculous questioning, and first-time posters coming on to brag that they got in, but didn't feel like posting all year with their peers who were discussing the process.

Reading the last couple of pages is painful. :deadhorse:

Does anyone know when the swearing in ceremonies usually take place? I believe last years may have been July 2nd. Would you guys think it would be around the same time frame?

blcbandit said:
Does anyone know when the swearing in ceremonies usually take place? I believe last years may have been July 2nd. Would you guys think it would be around the same time frame?

This is definitely one of those questions that can only be answered by CFRC staff. Not every recruiting centre will do it on the same day and the times aren't set in stone, so they will also differ from year to year.

Hello everyone. I'm a full time Naval Reservist and had a CT in for pilot for both Civy U and RMC. I just received an offer for RMC but it didn't mention Civy U as an option.

From what last year's thread mentioned, your offer is only good for the university mentioned on it, and it's highly unlikely you'll be able to negotiate to get a civvy u spot once you have an offer from RMC, since they obviously want to fill the military college before sending people to civil universities. But hey, RMC looks like a great uni :D

First, let me congratulate you in receiving the RMC offer.  Having two sons there currently, one who is a pilot, and the other an engineer,  I am surprised that you have not already accepted.

That is exactly what it is... an offer for RMC.

You do not get to choose if you go to RMC or Civi University. You receive an offer and either accept or turn down. 

And, turning down does not mean that you will later get an offer for Civi University.  In fact it appears quite often the opposite.

You have been offered fully paid four years of university, including books etc.  A salary while at university and further training over the summer and following. This training is costly and once you graduate promoted to 2 LT and salary. A good guaranteed job at the end.

Not sure if I would want to roll the dice and try to get another offer.

Chelomo said:
From what last year's thread mentioned, your offer is only good for the university mentioned on it, and it's highly unlikely you'll be able to negotiate to get a civvy u spot once you have an offer from RMC, since they obviously want to fill the military college before sending people to civil universities. But hey, RMC looks like a great uni :D
dcs said:
First, let me congratulate you in receiving the RMC offer.  Having two sons there currently, one who is a pilot, and the other an engineer,  I am surprised that you have not already accepted.

That is exactly what it is... an offer for RMC.

You do not get to choose if you go to RMC or Civi University. You receive an offer and either accept or turn down. 

And, turning down does not mean that you will later get an offer for Civi University.  In fact it appears quite often the opposite.

You have been offered fully paid four years of university, including books etc.  A salary while at university and further training over the summer and following. This training is costly and once you graduate promoted to 2 LT and salary. A good guaranteed job at the end.

Not sure if I would want to roll the dice and try to get another offer.
I might be crazy, but I definitely missed the part where EastCoastKid mentioned either renegotiating or declining the offer.
EastCoastKid said:
Hello everyone. I'm a full time Naval Reservist and had a CT in for pilot for both Civy U and RMC. I just received an offer for RMC but it didn't mention Civy U as an option.
It seems like a simple status update.  Congratulations, EastCoastKid, on getting an offer for RMC. 
Do whatever the hell you want with it.

Woah, don't read too much into it jwtg, I assumed that if he mentioned the lack of an offer for Civvy-u, he wanted to weigh his options/was wondering if a separate offer would be forthcoming. Other than that, the rest of my message was congratulatory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back