• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelomo said:
Well congratulations either way! Hopefully you get some equivalencies that they'll apply towards your program in Kingston. Your best bet would probably be to call your file manager and ask him.

As I understand, the courses are the exact same at both campuses, so if that's the case I won't have to worry about equivalencies.

The recruiting centre is closed for today so I figured I'd try my luck out on this forum.

Thanks for your time!

I don't know why CFRC ottawa is telling people they haven't received any offers yet, because my friend and I were both accepted yesterday afternoon. I got accepted for artillery officer and my friend for pilot. They've decided to send us both to RMC St jean for the first year, and then to kingston for the 2nd 3rd and 4th year.

Today, after missing my call yesterday, I called CFRC Hamilton and received my offer for Engineer Officer. Attending RMC St. Jean for my first year followed by RMC Kingston for the remainder. Best of luck to anyone still waiting to hear!

Hey guys, I got my phone call with my offer of employment from CFRC Toronto today! I got chosen for infantry officer and will be attending RMC Saint-Jean first year and RMC Kingston for my remaining three years like a couple other of you guys.

If you guys want, send me a message, I'd like to get to know some people before starting FYOP and having some friends to hang out with haha

Good luck to everyone out there still awaiting their responses and congratulations to everyone who has gotten theirs.

I'm looking forward to getting to know and serving with you.  :salute:  :cdn:

Can someone make a 2013-2014 Facebook group for those of us who got accepted? I think it can be convenient.

OCDT.Wannabe said:
Can someone make a 2013-2014 Facebook group for those of us who got accepted? I think it can be convenient.
You probably could.  In the CAF, we call it 'initiative.'

Very good skill to have in your future career.

NovMit414 said:
Hey guys, I got my phone call with my offer of employment from CFRC Toronto today! I got chosen for infantry officer and will be attending RMC Saint-Jean first year and RMC Kingston for my remaining three years like a couple other of you guys.

If you guys want, send me a message, I'd like to get to know some people before starting FYOP and having some friends to hang out with haha

Good luck to everyone out there still awaiting their responses and congratulations to everyone who has gotten theirs.

I'm looking forward to getting to know and serving with you.  :salute:  :cdn:
Might seem like a technicality to you, but you won't be doing FYOP.  If you're attending CMR, you'll be doing OP.  RMC does FYOP.

Cheers.

JRack said:
CMR St. Jean is usually for prep year cadets, however recently they have been sending first year cadets there in order to increase numbers and the reputation of the college. The selection of these cadets who go to CMR St. Jean is completly random.
Based on what we (people currently at RMC) know, this statement is true.

872air said:
I don't know why CFRC ottawa is telling people they haven't received any offers yet, because my friend and I were both accepted yesterday afternoon. I got accepted for artillery officer and my friend for pilot. They've decided to send us both to RMC St jean for the first year, and then to kingston for the 2nd 3rd and 4th year.

Probably a classic case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.

Get used to it; in an organization as big as the CAF, and CERTAINLY during your time at CMR/RMC, this will continue to be the case.

qwerty789 said:
What's OP? Orientation Program? And what's the difference?
FYOP = RMC First Year Orientation Period
OP = CMR Orientation Period

Having never done OP, all I can say is they're both mini-bootcamps which culminate in an epic obstacle course.

Consensus seems to be that FYOP is harder than OP, but first year at CMR is harder than RMC because 'seniors' (those who have completed prep year and are second-year first years) are hard on you all year, whereas the c*** generally stops, or at least becomes RMC normal, once FYOP ends.

Good news is once you get to RMC, we don't care who was junior/senior/prep/whatever; you'll be judged on your merit.  If your seniors make your life miserable next year, just remember that you're all the same once you get to RMC.

Facebook Page

Hey Guys, I have made a facebook page, here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/Rotp20132014?skip_nax_wizard=true

cplkogan said:
Facebook Page

Hey Guys, I have made a facebook page, here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/Rotp20132014?skip_nax_wizard=true

I find it so interesting that so many young people have no concerns about their personal security and protection of their identities.  Here we have a perfect example, with good intentions, where a social media site has been publicly announced.  There are absolutely no guarantees that anyone who joins this site is in fact a member of the target audience: RMC cadets.  What a perfect way for an undesirable, unethical, immoral, whatever type of person ( be paranoid if you want) to attain your trust and use it for their own devices. 

Just some thoughts. 

Hey everyone,
I received an offer from CFRC Ottawa yesterday for Infantry Officer at RMC.
Congratulations to those who have received offers and best of luck to those still waiting.
Hard work always pays off!
Cheers,
PJRD

Received my offer yesterday from CFRC Hamilton. Four years at RMC Kingston + Infantry Officer. Good luck guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back