• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick tip for CFAT takers, a good sleep and good breakfast are huge helpers. Also, don't overstress/think it. You can do it!

Conz said:
Studying daily will definitely help you! ...or at least give you some confidence going into the CFAT ;D

I hope so!

Frost said:
Quick tip for CFAT takers, a good sleep and good breakfast are huge helpers. Also, don't overstress/think it. You can do it!

Thank you for the words of wisdom and support :)

Have some carbs in the morning, it'll give you a lot of energy.

Don't do what I did, having only a cup of coffee for breakfast.  :(

Got a call from my file manager at CFRC Hamilton. Going in for my medical/interview on the 17th of December.  :)

Cui said:
Got a call from my file manager at CFRC Hamilton. Going in for my medical/interview on the 17th of December.  :)

Nice, one step closer! I Passed my CFAT for all three ocupations today as well!

Been awhile, but I am reapplying this year

1. Armour O
2. Infantry O
3. Artillery O

After getting a second and third opinion from doctors (more then a year later!!!), and both agreeing that my arms are good enough for BMOQ (one was in the Forces interestingly enough) I am now giving it another shot!

I plan on visiting the Hamilton CFRC tomorrow to see how to get all this stuff going again. Makes me feel very very stupid for cancelling my file last year from one doctors opinion that the injury I had was "permanent". Then again everything happens for a reason.

- Mike!

canada94 said:
Been awhile, but I am reapplying this year

1. Armour O
2. Infantry O
3. Artillery O

After getting a second and third opinion from doctors (more then a year later!!!), and both agreeing that my arms are good enough for BMOQ (one was in the Forces interestingly enough) I am now giving it another shot!

I plan on visiting the Hamilton CFRC tomorrow to see how to get all this stuff going again. Makes me feel very very stupid for cancelling my file last year from one doctors opinion that the injury I had was "permanent". Then again everything happens for a reason.

- Mike!

Yes!!!! I'm glad to see you aren't giving up man! Haha, I still remember that meet in greet we had in December in Hamilton :p I really hope you get it this round. Good luck!

scriptox said:
Yes!!!! I'm glad to see you aren't giving up man! Haha, I still remember that meet in greet we had in December in Hamilton :p I really hope you get it this round. Good luck!

Thanks scriptox!! I really hope I do to, I am so happy to have been given the opportunity again and if not this year, then the next and so on.

And if I need help or have questions, I am sure I know who to ask ;)

canada94 said:
Thanks scriptox!! I really hope I do to, I am so happy to have been given the opportunity again and if not this year, then the next and so on.

And if I need help or have questions, I am sure I know who to ask ;)

Ahh, yes, I remember you as well. It's good to see that everything has been sorted out for you medical wise.

Hope to see you somewhere down the line in the CF.

Cui said:
Ahh, yes, I remember you as well. It's good to see that everything has been sorted out for you medical wise.

Hope to see you somewhere down the line in the CF.

With hard work I am sure we both very well could! ;)

Good luck!

Hi everyone!
New to the forum, figured I'd introduce myself. I've applied for ROTP and recently passed my aptitude test, I'll be doing my medical test and an interview on December 11th.
Good luck to everyone else who've applied!

If you suck at math now, wait until you sup 1st year Calc. Saw a couple Christmas grads or repeaters due to that course. Though I'll defer to what jwtg has to say on it.

After talking with recruiters in my area and others on this site as well as looking over the RMC website I am confused as to how I would go about calculating my high school average. For one the website indicates that the pre-requisites for a Science Degree include English 12, Advanced Math 12, and two of either, Pre-Calculus 12, Chemistry 12, Physics 12, or Biology 12. Thus at first I had thought they took the average from these particular marks. However talking with my application manager he has told me that I do not need to send in my first semester marks. Then while visiting this site I had come across mixed answers from either just my grade 11 average or the entirety of my high school, from 10-12. This has led to my confusion and hopefully I will receive some clarification.

As of right now my grades are:
Advanced Chemistry 11 - 89
Advanced English 11 - 88
Advanced Math 11 - 67
Advanced Math 12- 81
Biology 11 - 93
Co-operative Education 12 - 91
Physical Education 12 - 97

Also do they take consideration into the fact that I have Advanced Courses? For example would I be given any extra points added onto my average or would they just take consideration into me trying to challenge myself?

Finally my school just had awards night not too long ago and I was placed on the Principal’s List because they left my Advanced Math 11 out of my final average. Therefore would RMC do the same or would my Advanced Math 11 be added to my average?

Thank you in advance to whomever answers my questions. It is greatly appreciated!

I too am applying for ROTP and have just recently passed my aptitude test as well as interview. I did however have a drawback for my medical as I was listed as a V4. I was previously applying for Combat Arms but will now be competing for a spot at RMC as a MARS Officer. Now that everything is completed comes the long and harsh wait. However the best things in life are worth waiting for.
Good luck to you all.

Son who is currently in first year was informed that it was his marks from grade 10 that was used.  Was actually told the mark that they were suing at that time going forward.  Told that they were looking for strong marks and consistently.  Certainly keep advising them as new marks become available.

It appears that the advanced will be treated as you say simply challenging yourself, but may perhaps get some special treatment when your file is reviewed.

If unclear I would ask the recruiting centre. They certainly should know and things can change even from year to year. 

I've been "lurking" on these forums for quite some time now, I thought its time for me to make my first post!

I have applied for ROTP at RMC as a pilot.  Does anyone know when ACS will take place? Also, it would be appreciated if you would also be able to enlighten me on the frequency that is is run (e.g. every week, once a month).

TIA!

First year right here!

They check your marks throughout all of high school!

But it's not just the marks! I'm sure you know it's the all around person they want to see succeed! That means community service, sports...etc.

As for mark averages, I know people here who got in with 70 averages and I myself got in with a 95.

It's not a standard, it's a competition between candidates! So do your best and hope for the best!

Good luck!

When did you send in your Academic Questionnaire?  How long should it take to hear back once you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back