• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regimental Standup Parade - Can Spec Ops Regt

Armymedic

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Mentor
Reaction score
The regimental stand up for the CF's newest regiment will be held Sun 13 Aug at DZ Anzio in CFB Petawawa.
Members will insert to the DZ through various methods.
During the parade members of the unit will be donning their tan berets for the first time.

Watch for news coverage....

Parade in DZ Anzio?  ???

It was an excellent show - well done to all on parade!

I have some, when I get a chance I will post them. I'm sure that there will be tonnes on the combat camera site and there was alot of media coverage there so keep your eyes peeled...

Paratroopers and free fallers jumping in, rappellers and fast ropers dropping in from the 427 SOAS helos, F-18 dropping bombs, and the final general salute punctuated with a bang...

It was a pretty cool parade.

My camera-fu is not very well developed. Hopefully the pic shows up.

main.php

WOW great pic,
   odd though desert camies? ???, and no tan berets? :'(.  and there all using T-3 'chutes (rectangular), not the T-10 Static line (round)?

got anymore Sig?

don't matter what they look like, what they wear, or what they use. It's what they can do, that makes them who they are.

Hats and uniforms. Again.  ::)

If you can't post anything useful.....point out the obvious    ::)

Go and hang out at the mall will ya?

Regards

Trakalo said:
WOW great pic,
   odd though desert camies? ???, and no tan berets? :'(.  and there all using T-3 'chutes (rectangular), not the T-10 Static line (round)

Whats so odd about arid CADPAT, it is after all the second most common cbt uniform in the CF?
If you read my first post, those soldiers are just coming into the DZ to go on parade...the beret ceremony is much later.
Those square chutes are CT-6.
Those troops in front, they parachuted in using the CT-1 round chutes...
and the remainder....

Trakalo said:
WOW great pic,
   odd though desert camies? ???, and no tan berets? :'(.  and there all using T-3 'chutes (rectangular), not the T-10 Static line (round)?

got anymore Sig?

We use T-3s and T-10s in Canada?

I believe there is a comment about someone's "lane" I'm forgetting.

Trakalo said:
WOW great pic,

got anymore Sig?

Had me scratching my head til I checked the profile ::)

villecour said:
Will members of the new regiment , wear a new badge on their new tan beret  or still wear their old regimental or branch badges ???
I wander also if they (read the regiment) will have it's own colours...

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/national/story.html?id=2d56682f-a303-438e-b019-82121772f738&k=77497

Graduates ready to form new Canadian commando regiment

Alexandra Zabjek
CanWest News Service; Ottawa Citizen

Monday, August 14, 2006

CFB PETAWAWA, Ont. -- If the elite commandos of JTF2 are the military's scalpel, the 124 men and one woman of Canada's newest army regiment are its hammer.

In less than two weeks, the Canadian Special Operations Regiment (CSOR) will be ready for deployment anywhere in the world, but Sunday the soldiers, specially trained to tackle crisis situations such as hostage takings, strutted their skills in front of supporters at Canadian Forces Base Petawawa.

More than 300 soldiers applied to become part of the regiment last December. Fewer than half made it through to Sunday's stand-up ceremony, marking the regiment's creation.

unfortunately i have yet to find any other photos of the ceremony.....at all.............anyone? ???

and thanks for the info you guys, i may not know everything about the airborne forces, i just have done alot of research on them...........

:salute: :cdn:

probably because the military is scouring the all of the press photos prior to release so that they don't show too much.

Back