• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Maple Defender

The Halo taped to the shoulder would have still worked.  That was done to keep the GPS antenna pointed up. 

Did anyone get any form of ROE's? I was with B coy and we didnt see any...

Razic said:
Did anyone get any form of ROE's? I was with B coy and we didnt see any...

Did you ask you CoC ?

or didnt get any and decided not to bother ?

CDN Aviator said:
Did you ask you CoC ?

or didnt get any and decided not to bother ?

Sounds more like a command failure than an individual soldier thing.  Knowing how fast the whole 2/3 1/3 ratio towards Battle Procedure goes out the window on these Exercises, I'd be surprised if troops especially troops with little TI would think to ask for even more stuff to be thrown at them.  I know it wasn't something high on my list of things to ask for as a troop....I just wanted more rack.

I asked for ROEs from the start, got them about two or three days in, though in the long 'official' form, rather than a soldier's card. I read it over and then got my troops to sit down, shut up and listen to the skinny. Still, I'd have much preferred a card I could have given to each of them. ROEs should NOT be word of mouth from a corporal section commander who got his copy five minutes prior.

MJP said:
Sounds more like a command failure than an individual soldier thing. 

MJP, i totaly agree with you.  I was just curious to see if it was another case of " i identified a problem but i didnt do anything about it".  Alot of soldiers in case like that ( where they know they didnt get ROEs) would have just said F*** it and not bothered to bring it up.

Oh we brought it up multiple times, just nothing came of it, the reason I ask is that the exercise really emphasized the importance of ROEs especially in the cordon and search scenarios we were involved in.  I found it really odd that we did not get those little cards or an ROE briefing right away, almost every weekend exercise back home we get ROE cards thrown at us like candy... ???

A Coy got ours on the first day... And it was drilled into the troops the 2 prep days we had.

Back