• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Proud to be Canadian....

Greg_o

Inactive
Reaction score
I got this forward today and thought it'd be good to show our accomplishments :) . Hope ya enjoy...(I searched and didnt find it posted already either, sorry if it has.)

So what do Canadians have to be proud of?

1. Smarties

2. Crispy Crunch, Coffee Crisp

3. The size of our footballs fields and one less down

4. Baseball is Canadian

5. Lacrosse is Canadian

6. Hockey is Canadian

7. Basketball is Canadian

8. Apple pie is Canadian

9. Mr. Dress-up kicks Mr. Rogers ass

10. Tim Hortons kicks Krispy Kreme's ass

11. In the war of 1812, started by America, Canadians pushed the Americans
back...past their 'White House'. Then we burned it...and most of
Washington, under the command of William Lyon MaKenzie King who was insane
and hammered all the time. We got bored because they ran away, so we came
home and partied...Go figure..

12. Canada has the largest French population that never surrendered to
Germany.

13. We have the largest English population that never ever surrendered or
withdrew during any war to anyone. anywhere. EVER.

14. Our civil war was fought in a bar and it lasted a little over an hour.

15. The only person who was arrested in our civil war was an American
mercenary, who slept in and missed the whole thing... but showed up just in
time to get caught.

16. We knew plaid was cool far before Seattle caught on.

17. The Hudsons Bay Company once owned over 10% of the earth's surface and
is still around as the worlds oldest company.

18. The average dog sled team can kill and devour a full grown human in
under 3 minutes.

19. We still know what to do with all the parts of a buffalo.

20. We don't marry our kin-folk.

21. We invented ski-doos, jet-skis, velcro, zippers, insulin, penicillin,
zambonis, the telephone and short wave radios that save countless lives
each year.

22. We ALL have frozen our tongues to something metal and lived to tell
about it.

23. A Canadian invented Superman.

24. We have coloured money.

25. Our beer advertisements kick ass

But most important! The handles on our beer cases are big enough to fit your hands with mitts
on. Oh yeah... and our elections only take one day.
Hope ya found it worth your time...

The Goler family. (And, I'm almost dead certain, the majority of the populace of the Ottawa valley. Wow, that's a scary part of the world!)

Please support the following:

11 (how many militia troops, i.e., Canadians were involved)
18 (how big a problem is this, even where there are still dog teams?)
19 (name uses for the following:  buffalo anus, buffalo metatarsal bones, buffalo liver)
20 (neither does anyone else, as a general rule)
22 (proud of being dumb?)

Hmmm.... I would venture to say that you have never visited the town of Rigolet on the Labrador coast.... be afraid, be very afraid

A real problem in closed communities with a very limited gene pool.... would venture to say that there are probably more Rigolets out there.

relax guys, it's an email forward, I got it a long time ago too.

*Nevermind, I thought we were talking basketball, not baseball, that's what I get for not scrolling up to re-check the number*

4) The inventor of baseball has been disputed for as long as the game has been around. American Traditionalist believe that it was Abner Doubleday who invented baseball in Cooperstown NY, current home of the hall of fame for baseball. Canadians claim "The first recorded game of baseball was on June 4, 1838 in BeachVille, London, Ontario_Over a year before Abner Doubleday was said to 'invent' it. And 7 years before Alexander Cartwright was claimed to have invented the modern baseball field and rules for the game."

"Our civil war was fought in a bar and it lasted a little over an hour"

That was f**king great! :)

the 'Canadian Civil War' was fought in a bar. I won't ruin it for anyone. Look it up. It's funny.

I hope nobody is getting too uptight about this, I find it funny and it makes as much fun of us as it does the US.

Holy, sorry guys, have a sense of humour though, I just posted it for your entertainment. I had nothing to do with the making of it.

wow people on here get twisted over some silly stuff

great fw btw I got a good chuckle out of it

yea, he just posts a read and people have to disect it and look for flaws, when really its just some humour mixed with patriotism...

relax lol....

:eek:

:salute:

Yeah before you know it, someone might actually think this stuff is true.

Just a question, why is the attitude to slam people who challenge "facts" that are obviously wrong.  The type of drivel that gets passed around the internet on a regular basis and accepted by the unwary can be dangerous.  For example, one that recently passed my way stated that our military is the largest peacekeeping force in the world.  Should this "fact" be accepted as is?

I say that if it is posted, let the truth find its way.

I enjoyed the list, and I will look up the "civil war" story later today.

As for the others, I have some doubts.

really don't know why every Tom, Dick and Harry have to get so darn uptight

When you post something on a "discussion" forum - why is it necessary to jump down the throat of the person who choses to pass comment on it.......... lighten up why don't you.
If you react this way to idle chatter - methinks you've got your helmet strapped on too tight.

IMHO

(ps - the list was enjoyable anyway - regardless of urban legends & half truths)

Chimo!

IcEPiCk said:
yea, he just posts a read and people have to disect it and look for flaws, when really its just some humour mixed with patriotism...

relax lol....

:eek:

:salute:
[/color

I don't think "geo" was slamming or finding fault, but interjecting some additional information (which by the way are Facts & History) which was like saying "Hey don't forget these". Anything wrong with that ?.

As pictures are worth 1000 words...

here is a couple thousand.

Hmmm..... is that what Karla Homolka would look like if shipped off to Han Island for her next "tour" as a guest of the state?

Gunnar said:
Please support the following:

11 (how many militia troops, i.e., Canadians were involved)
18 (how big a problem is this, even where there are still dog teams?)
19 (name uses for the following:   buffalo anus, buffalo metatarsal bones, buffalo liver)
20 (neither does anyone else, as a general rule)
22 (proud of being dumb?)

11. Rodgers Rangers...later Queen's York Rangers
18.Still lots of Dog teams in southern Ontario...Great for keepin in-lawsfrom visiting again
19.a)Survival Elastic Band or serviette ring(a set looks better at the table), b) cheap ear rings, c) with some onions and a nice kianty sauce
20. ever heard of the town "Kinmount"?
22. It's a time honoured tradition in the school yard to teach you what will happen the rest of your life if you choose to stay Dumb.

P.S.   Army Medic; can you show us the rest of "that" book?

Its late, and I don't want to get into it too much tonight...

But here is one for the road...

Armymedic said:
Its late, and I don't want to get into it too much tonight...

But here is one for the road...

Where in the World do you find these !!!!!!!, they should be Posters for CAF Recruitment Centers.

I can see the line ups now.

Cheers.

sigtech said:
wow people on here get twisted over some silly stuff

great fw btw I got a good chuckle out of it

Totally agree....especially in the "Radio Chatter" thread. Not like this was posted in the Canadian Army forum. People need to seriously lighten up & not take everything so seriously. It was strictly a "fun" read. Enjoy without dissecting.  ;D

Back