• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Primary Leadership Qualification Course (PLQ) Mega thread

xFusilier said:
The current DL Package for PLQ covers material from modules 2, 4 and 5 duration is 10 training days.  In order to complete Mod 2, however you need to attend the residency portion.

Anyone know how we complete Mods 1 and 3 then?  :-\  My MPRR says I've completed 2, 4, and 5, but we did training covering all 5 mods.  And as far as I know, you can't just go to battle school for individual mods...

Mod 1 is run by PSP, you get assessed running a PT session and write a written test and Mod 3 is Field and Range Safety where you are on a range and are assessed in two positions (ARSO, Butts NCO, Ammo NCO or Background activities). 

If you have completed these activities I suggest finding any proof of that and talking to your Chain of Command to get it entered onto your MPRR.

dangerboy said:
Depending on what mods you have .........

Wasn't it just easier the old way ? You went to the school for 8 weeks-ish and that was it.

I wish, that would solve a lot of administrative headaches.  It is going to get worse this fall when they Army PLQ replaces the PLQ Land.  The Army PLQ has 4 Mods while the current PLQ Land has 6 Mods, I forsee a lot of confussion for people that have some of the Mods but not all of them.

dangerboy said:
I wish, that would solve a lot of administrative headaches.  It is going to get worse this fall when they Army PLQ replaces the PLQ Land.  The Army PLQ has 4 Mods while the current PLQ Land has 6 Mods, I forsee a lot of confussion for people that have some of the Mods but not all of them.

Have a feeling that they would not get credit for the former mods with the newier mods......

dangerboy said:

Wait what? There's a new PLQ? What mods will the new one cover?

Any more info on this new PLQ course?  And if the older mods troops already have will carry over?

I already have mods 1-5 so really hoping I won't have to repeat any of that subject matter and just do whatever the new Mod 6 is.

-Skeletor- said:
Any more info on this new PLQ course?  And if the older mods troops already have will carry over?

I already have mods 1-5 so really hoping I won't have to repeat any of that subject matter and just do whatever the new Mod 6 is.

I would expect that, like the Infantry DP realignment, the 'old' and 'new' courses will be run concurrently for a few years; anyone with some of PLQ already will likely carry on under the current system. Anyone who's not yet commenced will likely start in the new system. This will continue for a reasonable period time, within which it can be expected that most if not all troops who are actually motivated to complete a PLQ that they've already commenced will do so.

I'll try to get on documentum tomorrow and see if the new PLQs have been put up; if so I'll try to throw together a summary.

The new Army PLQ is up on Documentum (the Army PLQ TP is under the current PLQ folder)  and if I remember correctly it has a timeline on how long the old Mods are good for.  I don't think it is for very long, I fear a lot of troops are going to have to repeat some training.

-Skeletor- said:

Same here... but we all know that's a dream and at least some people will fall through.

Looked it up this morning,  the changes made to look pretty good, like the PT portion.  Didn't see any timelines(for how longer current PLQ mods 1-5 are good for) or when this new PLQ comes into effect.

Looks like the current PLQ Mods 1-5 are similar to the Army PLQ Mods 1-2 and Mod 6 is similar to the new Mods 3-4.  As well, for the new PLQ once you do the Distance Learning portion you have 12(or 18) months to complete the whole PLQ course.  If you don't complete all mods within that 12(or 18) month period you have to start it all again at the start(including DL)

The TP is does not say anything about old mods but it does give a timeline for the new mods:

14. Students must complete Mod 2 within 12 months of
the start of Mod 1.
15. Further to this, students must complete the course
within 18 months of completing Mod 2.
16. Failure to complete the program within the
prescribed timeline will result in the expiration of the
MITE codes and expired Mods will have to be taken up
again.

I was at a conference last week at which we were briefed that 1 Jan 13 was going to be the drop dead date.  If a mbr is not fully qualified under the old system by that time, then he is going to have to start fresh under the new TP.

I'm on the Documentum looking at both the "currently in use" PLQ as well as the new PLQ slated "for future use - date TBD:"

TRAINING PLAN CHANGE REQUEST
Dated 7 Jun 12
Submitted by Capt Parent, G3 Trg Des Army Common 3
Approved by Col G.D. Corbould, Comd, CTC, AITA

Pers who have completed Mods 2-5 DL followed by residency Mods 1-3 delivered by LFAA will transition directly onto Mod 3 of the new PLQ ("A-PLQ")

Pers who have completed Mods 2-5 DL followed by the residency Mods 1-3 delivered by LFQA will complete "delta trg package" prior to transitioning onto Mod 3 of A-PLQ

Pers who have completed Mods 1-5 of old PLQ ("PLQ-L") must complete the two-day DL "delta trg package" prior to transitioning onto Mod 3 of A-PLQ

Pers who have completed Mods 1-4 will see some modifications to their training for Mod 5.  Mod 5 will be delivered in residency prior to transitioning onto Mod 3 of A-PLQ.

TIMELINES
Members who complete PLQ-L Mod 6 prior to 1 Sep 12 do not have to take delta trg package
As of 1 Jun 12, LFA's have begun delivering the new PLQ-L Mod 5 trg and the deltra trg package to students who will not undergo the current PLQ-L Mod 6 prior to 1 Sep 12.
As of 1 Sep 12, A-PLQ Mods 3 and 4 are fully implemented.
NLT 31 Dec 12, all PLQ-L Mods 1-5 are to cease.

Further investigation:

The "new" PLQ ("A-PLQ") was approved on 15 May 12.  Structure is as follows:

PLQ-A remains 50 days in duration.
PLQ-A is now broken into four modules instead of six:

Mod 1 - distance learning, 11 days
- PO's covering leading subordinates, maintaining order and discipline, developing subordinates, enforcing physical fitness requirements, etc.
- Can be delivered full-time or part-time and is run through LFAA (English) or LFQA (Quebec)

Mod 2 - residency, 9 days
- PO's covering the practical portion of enforcing physical fitness, instructing personnel, and enforcing field and range safety
- Can be delivered part-time or full-time through units, brigades, and ATC's
- Mod 2 must be completed within 12 months of beginning Mod 1

Mods 3 and 4 - consecutive residency, 30 days ("the field portion")
- PO's covering leading subordinates, planning operations, operating in tactical environments, and conducting section-level stability ops
- PO's covering leading subordinates; and conducting enabling, offensive, and defensive ops at the section level
- "Specific serials will be identified for PRes personnel who are required, by exception, to attend Mods 3 and 4 in consecutive years."
- Mods 3 and 4 must be completed within 18 months of completing Mod 2

TIMELINES
1 Sep 12 - LFA's begin delivering A-PLQ Mods 2-4
1 Oct 12 - distance learning opens for A-PLQ Mod 1
NLT 31 Dec 12 - all PLQ-L courses have ceased

EQUIVALENCY
Equivalency for pers midway through the PLQ-L mod system will be as follows:

- Pers who have completed PLQ-L Mod 2-5 DL package only will transition directly onto Mod 2 of A-PLQ
- Pers who have completed PLQ-L Mods 1-5 must complete two-day distance learning "delta trg package" before transitioning onto A-PLQ Mod 3
- Pers who have completed PLQ-L Modified mod 5 or PLQ-L Modified mods 2-5 DL followed by residency mods 1-3 will transition directly onto Mod 3 of A-PLQ
- Pers who ave completed Mod 6 part 1 of PLQ-L will not be granted equivalency for Mod 3 of A-PLQ, and will be required to complete A-PLQ Mods 3 and 4 in their entirety
- Pers who have only completed a portion of PLQ-L Mods 1-5 delivered in residency before 31 Dec 12 will be required to complete A-PLQ Mods 1-4 in their entirety.

Approved Col G.D. Corbould, Comd, 1617

^ Anyone know what's going on with the infantry PLQ along with all these changes? Does this new training plan create one standard PLQ for all army trades, or will infantry PLQ still be 3 weeks longer and more field/ops focused?

The infantry will still have its own leadership course, the TP has not been released yet. So they will be using the current TP until at least 2013.

Morning,

I've completed the PLQ-L DL portion in May, but was sent on another tasking prior to completing my residency and Mod 6. From the above reply it appears I will complete PLQ through Mod 2, 3 & 4 of A-PLQ. I was wondering if anyone knows how I could review the DL lectures. I was told I would still have access to them after my DL portion concluded, but when I log on to DNDLearn, I do not have the PLQ course on my enrolled courses list. Thanks for the help.

hello.

This is my first post to this site.
I'm doing the PLQ DL right now - which is proving to be interesting.  It is a Part-Time course (spread out over 5 weeks).  We have to do 2 days of reading/tests each week. 

IslandTrooper said:
Morning,

I've completed the PLQ-L DL portion in May, but was sent on another tasking prior to completing my residency and Mod 6. From the above reply it appears I will complete PLQ through Mod 2, 3 & 4 of A-PLQ. I was wondering if anyone knows how I could review the DL lectures. I was told I would still have access to them after my DL portion concluded, but when I log on to DNDLearn, I do not have the PLQ course on my enrolled courses list. Thanks for the help.

Go to Documentum on the Gagetown DWAN site, will have lesson plans for PLQ in there.

Back