• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Previous drug use question 2002 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are they testing in this test, what they look for and what they do.

thanks
SEb

Hi Seb;
There‘s been a few posts on this subject so if you search the threads you‘ll find all kinds of information on this.
Good luck.
Cath

Thx Cath,
Great advise. Do a search first. Now if we could just get everyone else to play along. For the rest of our forum members, take a page from Cath. If you see something being asked that‘s been done before, tell the person to do a search and let the thread die. Thx.

I just did the CFAT this morning, then on the drug questionnaire, I told them that I did marijuana a few times a month but I havent touched it in a month because thats when I found out that it was tested for. They told me that they want everyone to be clean for 6 months.

I really want to be in the reserves this summer, I applied for Ceremonial Guards. I was only an occasional smoker, and only because I never had a reason to quit. I know that I can go the rest of my life without touching it, and I was wondering if there was any way to get them to listen to me on this.

Is there any sort of appeal for this stuff?? A contract I can sign maybe?? If anyone knows of anything that could get me in this summer, it would be appreciated.

I know that I can go back in 6 months and they‘ll take me, but is there a way to be in this summer??

No.

6 months means 6 months.

It‘s the same for everyone. They are not in a hurry to hire anyone who smoked drugs as little as 4 weeks ago.

Not a chance, my friend. You‘ll have to wait six-months and start again. Don‘t worry, though, they‘ll be offering weekend basic courses starting this Oct and again in Jan, so you won‘t be that far behind.

I had to fill that thing out this morning as well, I told them the last time i smoked weed was in 2002, so i guess I am in the clear. It sucks that even with your dedication to the army that you still have 2 wait 6 months. I have a friend who wants to join the amry really bad but he can‘t stop smoking the stuff so hes screwed.

I really want to be in the reserves this summer, I applied for Ceremonial Guards. I was only an occasional smoker, and only because I never had a reason to quit.
And the fact that it was an illegal behaviour wasn‘t sufficient reason? This speaks not only to the use of drugs but also your respect for your legal expectations as a citizen. What is the military to expect if you are demonstrating that the only suitable reasons in your opinion for you to change your behaviour is personal benefit, such as getting enrolled. Demonstrate your commitment by staying clean for the six months and then try again.

I really want to be in the reserves this summer, I applied for Ceremonial Guards. I was only an occasional smoker, and only because I never had a reason to quit.
Bang on, sir.

Dumbah, the Hells Angels thank you for your generous contribution....

I filled that out on Friday aswell. I put that I tried it back in Sept. 2000, so I guess that isn‘t a big deal.

the last time i did that was three months ago, i emailed CFRC Vancouver a few weeks ago to see if this would be a problem and they told me that this determination was done on a case by case basis by your interviewer... is this correct because it conflicts with what is said above.

6 months is a minimum in order for CFRC to have confidence in you, remember it is illegal and because of that reflects on perceived reliability.

I myself am clean, I tried it once or twice, but what I am really concerned about is that I was recently at a party, and although I myself did not smoke, others around me were fairly heavily. Will that impact my ability to pass my medical, or can I explain to them the specific circumstance??

I am really counting on getting into the CF, and was not aware of the drug testing(stupid me) so did concern myself with the fact that others around me smoked.

Also, I deliver Pizza, and as you can imagine, you get all kinds, including those who smoke themselves stupid, so I regularily am exposed to the smoke.

Thank you anyone for your information concerning my dilemma.

Regards.

Hi ToRN,

I found this link with some info if you scroll down to the bottom- summaries of studies done. Basically, it is possible to test positive, especially if you were exposed to second-hand smoke in a poorly-ventilated area.

I myself have had to avoid the Hemp oil I was taking for the Omega-3 fatty acids, as it states it is possible, but not likely, to test positive for THC in urine.

http://www.healthwatcher.net/Olympics/olympics.html

You won‘t test positive for marijuana use if you aren‘t exposed to enough of it to get high.
(as a rule of thumb)

As for wether you smoked it or not, if you DO test positive after telling them you aren‘t going to, then you‘re in trouble.

It‘s your responsibility to move to cleaner air at a party if the air is becoming filled with marijuana smoke, and standing at someones door handing them a pizza could not possibly expose you to enough smoke to give you a positive test.

ok thanks, that really had me worried, I didn‘t think that the pizza delivery thing would have any effect, but the party was a concern.

hopeing that since my test hasn‘t even been scheduled yet, it will be sufficiently out of my system.

If it helps Torn I have a freind out on parole and he is around heavy smokers all the time in cars with windows up **** like that. I asked him if he tested positive on his mandatory or suprise tests he explained to me that he was suprised by a test the day after he had been out with a few friends in the car and took when results returned they were nil.

if i did go and it wasnt six months what would they do? make me submit an entirely new application or would they just rebook an appointment for a month later? or could i just ask to delay entire application for a month or two citing "personal" reasons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back