• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Previous drug use question 2002 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dire,

I told them the last time I did it was the first weekend of june.

See thats the problem right there Dano.

You gotta be clean for 6 months before you are eligible for the CF.

I said the last time was March so I gotta wait until October which is 6-7 months I would be clean from the last time I smoked pot.

Even know if you test me now I will be clean.

Urine test it takes 4-5 months.. Hair test takes 6+ months for THC to get outta your system.

Didn‘t you post this on the army forums last week?

I‘m judging be the fact that you are still seeking sympathy, that you‘ve decided to take my second option and whine to your friends till it all goes away.

Really I‘m not a jerk but do you really think you are helping yourself by dwelling on your mistakes? You ****ed up. You decided you wanted to smoke pot until the forces told you you couldn‘t. WELL NEWS FLASH, NO ONE EVER SAID IT WAS OKAY!!!My god, boy! Take your beating, you earned it!

First off, E-Town, you talking to me?

If you are; here is my response to you.

I don‘t seek sympathy because frankly I don‘t need it nor care for it. Dwelling on my mistakes? If you are talking about my post I was just sharing my experience to Dano of what happened to me and what the response was from the recruiter.

I quit before I wanted to join the forces and respected the fact there is a no tolerance policy and I‘d obey it because frankly I could give two ****s if I ever smoke pot again. I haven’t even given it a 2nd thought.

This forum was setup for people to share their experiences. This being a recruiters forum drug use is apart of it because it is an issue for joining the forces. Not everyone is clean, not everyone has never done a substance. People just have to realize their mistakes and correct them for the future.

I didn’t know you had to be 6 months clean before you could be considered for the CF; I had to find out the hard way like Dano did. (But I did give myself a while for my system to clean and dano didn’t)

So yes your post was jerky because talking to others does help yourself. When I first started posting on this forum I ask questions about the drug test ect. I gained valuable information which brought my confidence level up.

anyhow, I hope you rethink your post.

-Brandon

Danno,

Having to wait must suck. But I‘m glad you were honest with them. Time passes, but honesty is a thing that accompanies someone throughout their lives. :)

I‘ve smoked weed a coupla times, just to try it. That was a couple of months back. I don‘t smoke it at all now. I did it out of curiosity, and decided that it was not worth sacrificing my future career either in policing or Army/Air Force for that. I also quit smoking cigarettes at the same time.

I know what it feels like to have to wait. But, think about it, 6 months is not a big thing if you concentrate on your aims. :) I wish I had ONLY 6 months to wait to apply, instead of 4 years! But the important thing is that if you are determined to get into the Canadian Forces, nothing will stop you - certainly not the 6 months of waiting.

Good luck.

D.

Too much sympathy for pot heads!
If someone is that stupid to realize pot is not a good thing than who wants them... Would you want to be next to someone in a trench or in the field wondering if they are going to get doped up if things get hard? not me, I think there are more important things to be concerned with. If you couldn‘t stop smoking pot before you applied, than why would you stop once you got in?
And buy the way, I find it very hard to believe you only smoked once a month or so at parties because if this was really the case it shows that either you have absolutly no commitment or discipline to quite or you smoke a he!! of a lot more than you let on and you couldn‘t quit either way I wouldn‘t want to be beside you, but than again I don‘t have the luxury of that choice.

Born Military,

Not sympathy, just opinions and advice.

I tend to agree with some of the points you made. Those who smoke weed shouldn‘t be in the army, and I think I agree with what they did in this case. Weed is a state of mind - i.e, if you see that it‘s useless, you don‘t smoke it, not even recreationally. If you don‘t see that, you smoke it. Of course, you‘re not gonna be screwed if you say that you tried smoking weed when you were like 16, just once or twice, but if you‘re still smoking, then that‘s pretty bad. I think those in the army shouldn‘t be dependent on anything like drugs, or whatever. But then again, the question to Danno is: if there was no such rule/law that prevents recreational pot smokers from joining the army, would you still smoke it recreationally when you got in? It all depends on your personality and character. Personally, I don‘t think I would. I don‘t think I even *want* to try it again, or any other sort of drug or even cigarettes. I know what is good and bad for me, and I know what I *want*. And weed is not one of the things I want. Like I said, I agree with the term "lifestyle cannabis smoker" in your case, Danno, because I think weed is only recreational, and not addictive. I‘ve smoked it more than once, and I didn‘t get addicted to it. So you see, it‘s all about what you *want* and what you *don‘t want*. If you had the goal of joining the Forces, you should‘ve stopped smoking a long long time ago, even if you knew that they wouldn‘t even bother asking you about it. Weed & Army == NOPE. Or rather, Addictions & Army == NOPE.

D.

"If you couldn‘t stop smoking pot before you applied, than why would you stop once you got in?"

Ok, I don‘t know about anyone else but I didn‘t sit around for six months once I decided I wanted to join the army. I went down to the recruiting center and started the application process. It was fortunate for me that I had already quit smoking pot for my own reasons about a year before. Had I decided to join the army a year earlier I would be in the same position as Danno. It wouldn‘t have been a matter of not being able to quit but of not knowing to quit.

Dire - No I wasn‘t talking to you, I‘m not sure how you‘ve got that impression. If you‘ve been paying attention I‘ve even suggested to others on this board to follow the positive example that you‘ve shown.

My post was directed at the owner of the thread. It seems to me that Danno didn‘t like any of the three pages of results from when he posted this exact (cut and paste) message on the army forum last week.

Since we are cross-posting, here is my reply to his original post:
Hey Danno,

If you really think you will be an excellent soldier you better learn to be patient, and trust me they are giving you a chance.

Keep in mind that the activity that you are talking about is still illegal in this country, and participating in illegal activities monthly doesn‘t exactly scream trustworthy. The point of the six month period is to see if you can actually buckle down and play by the rules. Now if you aren‘t willing to wait the six months and keep your nose clean you really don‘t stand much of a chance in the military.

So relax, keep your nose clean and use the time to your advantage. Get in shape so that when you finally get in you can breeze through basic. Volunteer in your community. Read every book on the army reading list cover to cover. Basically, make them sorry they didn‘t take you the first time, or you could whine to all your friends about how unfair life is and smoke up till all the pain goes away. Your choice.
I was not the only person to suggest that Danno use this time to his advantage, but it seems to me that a week later he is still looking for an easy way out. Does this sound like the makings of a good soldier to anyone?
I‘m sure there are plenty of us who have run into the guy on course that fails room inspection but instead of fixing it takes out his ruler to prove that his bed was made to regulation. This is not the kind of behaviour that ever helps anybody out.

So I will apologize to you Dire, I should have been more clear in directing my criticism. Danno, to you, I stand by all my previous comments.

No sorry E-town, I will apologize to you.

I’m sorry; I thought the post was towards me, I guess I just read it wrong.

But no hard feelings eh?

Later

-Brandon

I had to wait a full year to re-apply and i hadent even got to the medical stages yet... i failed the apt test.. i‘m not the smartest branch of a tree but in one month my wait will be over and god forbid if i fail this time around!

Oh and by the way I have ADD, i used to take rydialin but since moved to dextrine after knowing what rydalin can do to you, I found out that the US airforce put pilots on dextrine to keep them concritrated on a long task, what i‘m getting to is that the pilots that bombed our 4 canadians where on dextrine and they tryed to use that as an excuse, but if you ask me its not related to the medicaion at all if you have seen this thing work, you concintrate like never before, you could turn a hyper-fit child to a stone of silence if he takes these, so my qustion is, if i specified i had ADD and using dextrine, would that make things more difficult for me to get in?

I used to be a very hardcore pot smoker between 2 and 3 times a day... When i finally decided to join the CF i quit Pot January 1st and planned to apply 6 months after. No problems...If you really want to join the cf after the 6 months is up reapply

Anyone else get a kick out of the caffeine part of that form? My interviewing officer and I had a good laugh about my 21000 uses :D

Then we had another good one that I waited till I was 21 to try marijuana for the first and only time.

Hope that you decide you can wait the six months and that all goes well.
(edit for spelling)
:cdn:

Thanks Willow.

Yes, I plan to re-apply when I have served my time. I’m currently doing PT, volunteering, reading the books on the CF reading list and of course abstaining from using cannabis. If anything, this experience has strengthened my resolve to become a soldier.
:soldier:

Hey there,

I am a 17 year old from edmonton alberta. i have a few questions... First off what all is done in ur medical? And second is there any chance i can get stationed in cold lake, greenwood or edmonton for a sure thing? Thanks,

Brad Kirk

Medical is a pretty simple procedure. They test your hearing, your vision, your height and weight, then ask you questions about your medical history.

If you‘re going reg force infantry and request PPCLI you‘ll either be stationed in Edmonton (1 and 3) or Winnipeg.

Sweet, do u know of any that would put me in cold lake or greenwood?

There are no infantry battalions in either of those places - your choices are Petawawa (1RCR and 3RCR), Gagetown (2RCR), Edmonton (1PPCLI and 3PPCLI), Shilo (2PPCLI), and if you speak French, Valcartier (1,2,3 R22eR).

Whatr is the medical test? Is it a piss test? if yes what other test do they give you? Do they do a hair test? Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back