• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Previous drug use question 2002 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok on the weekend I went out and got paled. Now the problem is me and the girl I was with went to a house party and the place was filled with smoke(MaryJane Type). When i say filled it was nasty. Now this week I was going to go and get my application but I am worried about the drug test, the weed will show up. What is the CF regulations on 2nd hand incounters.

I wouldn‘t worry about it Tim. They look for a number of things in the urine sample and each substance has to exceed a certain concentration for an accurate measurement. Second hand Cheech mist one night won‘t provide those concentrations. Anyway, you‘re just getting the application. It will be some time before you get the CFAT/medical/interview.

You gotta be fu*king sh!ttin‘ me.

Timbit, if you‘re at a party with that much drug activity occuring, why the **** not simply LEAVE?!?!?!

I wish the Army was more proactive & frequent with the drug testing. Might flush some of the more blatant ****heads who have so little self control as to get baked every single god**** weekend. I dislike sharing a trench with anyone who ever felt the need to break the laws of the society we swear to protect when we take the enlistment oath.

They look for a number of medical and non-medical charatertics, infections, imbalances and substances in the urine. Yes they check for the use of drugs, but also various deseases, infections, and imbalances create conditions in the urine that can be assessed chemically. I doubt its super comprehensive though, just a rough check to see if the body is functioning well. Usually everthing you consume or process through the body goes through the Willy.

The reason I did not leave is because I only had one Medical in mind that night by the girl I was with. I would find it hard to believe that none of you have done somthing stupid to get a peice of A^%. It‘s part of being a guy the little head wins most of the time

Im not a pot head I can count the amount of times I have smoked it.

Thanks for the info Bert much appreciated(spelling)

Well,well,well, so i am not the only guy to think with my dink.Timbit, if you want to get anywhere in the service,start thinking with the other end.

Excuses like that may get you somewhere with the boys bit not with the officers/nco,s.Made the same mistake like you & served 6 mounths less a day @club edmonton.Not a enjoyable experiance.

Learn from my screw-up.I agree with Marauder,go big or stay @home. :warstory: :cdn:

If you test positive for drugs, they don‘t care if it‘s second hand or not. The main reason for that is that there‘s no way to prove it. Even a single joint smoked can take up to a month to get out of your system. If you‘re considering joining, wait at least a month until you go for the medical, and avoid pot (second hand or otherwise) completely.

It was stupid but also it was only second hand. I should have nothing to worry about.

Thanks guys

but also it was only second hand. I should have nothing to worry about
Isn‘t that what Ross said at Salt Lake when they came for his Gold Medal?

Okay, so I go in to the armoury for the REG. mental and physical aptitude testing. After taking and passing the mental testing we were all given a form on which to fill in our previous drug use. We are warned to make sure that we are completely honest because if we are found to be lying we will be immediately discharged. So, I fill mine out to the very best of my knowledge.
Ah… yes, Marijuana. Memories of those dazed and confused days in high school come flooding back and were recorded honestly on to the form. It has now been 4 years since high school and my frequent use of the plant. Since then I have only partaken if it was being passed around at a party. I certainly don’t buy it or use it regularly. I even promised myself I would not do it again when I decided to join the army, knowing full well the military restrictions on cannabis use. As it turns out, because that section of my form was filled in, I was asked to stay behind and have a chat with the officer in charge of the testing. He frowned and asked me about the frequency of my cannabis use since high school. “Well, I don’t know?” I said. So he asks me to tell him on average how many times a month I do it. I only do it at parties and I don’t go to more than a dozen parties a year, so I decide that if it has to be averaged then I guess its once a month. I was informed that this is, by CF standards, the frequency of a “Lifestyle Cannabis Smoker” and that I, therefore, cannot be trusted. I was told to return in 6 months and reapply.

My issues are: I AM NOT A “LIFESYLE SMOKER”! I do not want to wait 6 months!(I have already waited long enough!) I don’t know what to do and I need to know what I can do to change my situation.

I know I will make an excellent soldier if I am just given the chance.

I am hoping that this has just been a misunderstanding.

Please help!

Thank you,

Danno

Listen, there is nothing you can do for right now.
This is something that you should have thought about before, to be a good soldier requires discipline and commitment something which you have shown you do not have. you knew weed was not accepted and yet you still chose to use it.
I commend you on your honesty but hopefully a good lesson was learned and you can stay away from it for 6 months and then re apply.

Unfortunately Danno, Born is right.
You are screwed for 6.
High marks for the honesty.
There is no way to fight it,the army has
spoken & subject is closed for discussions.
Do your 6 & re-apply,do not back slide on your
promise to yourself & you will be good to go.

Sorry man.

Regards.

I am hoping that this has just been a misunderstanding.

I don‘t think so... you knew pot was illegal, still you chose to use it.

Please help!

WHAT !?!?!? Someday, when you grow up, you will understand that we are responsible for our own actions. Accept the consequences.

All I can say is when you quit the first ttime you should have quit for good. None of this passed around at parties ****. I abused marijuana for the first three years of high school and then realized how retarded I was for doing it. Three times day makes you dumber then a frozen rope and ill never regrow the burnt out pathways in my brain compleltly to where they were before. I highly regret every drug I did in my teens and relaize not how stupid I was.

I quit cold turkey a year before Iknew I would be in and told the interviewer about my past use opf drugs. He told me with my past they woulkd have to blood and yearn tests I told him help yourslef you wont find anything now, he said he was bluffing and we moved on.

Well cudos on your honesty! Better have just 6 monthes to wait then never. If you lied (which im not support of) then they probably wouldn‘t think anything about it, I dont even belive they check for it on the medical test (not 100% sure). Its not like they would go out to your whole highschool asking everyone. Honesty is always the best though. Well goodluck in your future CF carrer.

Don‘t worry Danno, same thing happend to me.

I had the CFAT/Medical a few weeks ago and was passed out that form. I told them I quit in march and that when I decided to join the army I quit using for good. Like you I was called to stay behind and was told to wait until OCT 03 and to call the Career officer to book another CFAT/medical..

I never regreat telling the truth I just got 3 more weeks to study up (get better mark) and workout.

It‘s funny sometimes people don‘t think about joining the army until later on in their lives and then their past haunts them.

When you filled out the thing did you say you smoked a joint that month?

My mistake sorry. But yes this could be a blessing, just take some time to study and workout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back