• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Politics in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you seem to be suggesting that PMJT is such a brilliant, in-depth thinker that he pre-emptively decided it would be a great plan to actively appear like some Bollywood cross-dresser throughout his taxpayer-funded family vacation, just so people would lose track of his abysmal business efforts and international security awareness while in India.

I'll take "far-fetched" for $500 Alex.

Remius said:
And yet this thread and in fact a good number of people on this site focus on all of those trivial things.  He is accused of having little substance yet a lot of the criticism of him also seems to be of the same caliber.
Nice hair has morphed into nice clothes.

If at first you don't succeed,  try again.

Remius said:
And yet this thread and in fact a good number of people on this site focus on all of those trivial things.  He is accused of having little substance yet a lot of the criticism of him also seems to be of the same caliber.

Don't kid yourself.  We're well aware that he is fucking things up left, right and centre and costing us dearly.  My grandchildren will be paying for his budget not balancing itself.  Failing at the international level as demonstrated in Asia and Europe.

That he likes to act like Kim Kardashian and Mr. Dress Up only adds fuel to our anger and embarrassment as Canadians.

Altair said:
Nice hair has morphed into nice clothes.

If at first you don't succeed,  try again.

At this point I think the sum of criticisms regarding PM Trudeau's severe lack of humility have succeeded. I am surprised more and more every day by the people I am acquainted with who are criticizing him. When my 70 yr old paternal grandmother from NL is sharing memes about you, you've definitely made an impression.

If the CPC had a manikin with a nice clean suit they'd probably have a good shot at a majority gov't next year... they'd win the leadership debates, that's for sure. As it stands they have Andrew Scheer so I'm not going to be shocked if they get a minority.

Remius please state five qualities that Trudeau has that qualifies "him" as a leader, and a PM of G7 country?

As for the debates, look for a tiny earpeice in Trudeau's ear.

Remius said:

Trivial criticism of behavior that put off a country of 1'349'000'000?
Criticizing his penchant for dressing up, selfies and painfully staged photo ops is hardly "little substance".

George Wallace said:
Jimmy Jones missed a whole generation of followers.
He was a little before my time, but he was a very good singer.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2741325/

George Wallace said:
Jimmy Jones missed a whole generation of followers.

Attachments

• koolaid.jpg
    koolaid.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 59
Loachman said:
A large number of voters base their choices on shallow impressions of candidates rather than serious consideration of candidates' actual abilities (or lack thereof) and detailed understanding of key issues. Name and hair and "dreaminess" compared to stodgy, old, control-freak Stephen Harper was a prime factor for many.

I generally share your opinion.  I think the media had allot to do with it by the way they framed Harper.  Its funny people considered him a diabolical evil, it seemed, at points during the campaign.  But their emotion, I found, was based in perception and not facts.  Now when I challenge them on Harper they cannot name a thing he did that was bad or wrong.  Sheeple vote in our leaders, and its a GD shame.

Altair said:
He was a little before my time, but he was a very good singer.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2741325/

I believe you will find, Altair, the George was referring to the Reverend Jim Jones and his friendly band of flower people who committed group suicide in Jonestown.

pbi said:
Was Harper voted in by "sheeple"?

In a sense, yes.

If you remember, Paul Martin actually had little or nothing to do with Adscam and was widely respected as being honest and competent. None of that mattered when the pitchforks came out for the Liberals.

Keeping in mind that a federal election in Canada is actually over 300 local elections....

LOL!

I never truly knew the extent to this extravagance or fantasy:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/justin-trudeau-the-mr-dressup-prime-minister/ar-BBJx6h8?li=AAadgLE&ocid=spartanntp

Perhaps Kate Purchase is not the right person for the job:

http://www.macleans.ca/politics/ottawa/kate-purchase-justin-trudeau-communications-director/

Paul Martin also helped orchestrate the coup based on Adscam that placed him on top of the block when the axe fell. When you intentionally torpedo your own party to take the leadership it shouldn't come as a surprise when the opposition parties take advantage it.

Oldgateboatdriver said:
I believe you will find, Altair, the George was referring to the Reverend Jim Jones and his friendly band of flower people who committed group suicide in Jonestown.
Oh. That's rather more depressing.

WeatherdoG said:
Paul Martin also helped orchestrate the coup based on Adscam that placed him on top of the block when the axe fell. When you intentionally torpedo your own party to take the leadership it shouldn't come as a surprise when the opposition parties take advantage it.

A very interesting take, and certainly not one I've ever heard before.  A 'Coup' you say?  Hmmmmm.  Most political pundits had assessed that Chretien stayed on well past his best-before date, and that his eventual handover to Paul Jr. had more than a few poison pills (eg. CH-148 vice CH-149 Round #2) meant for Jr. not to forget that 'Tit Gars still held the power and won the longevity battle between JC and PM Sr.  I don't for a minute believe that JC did anything other than leave at a moment entirely of his choosing.

:2c:

G2G

But, Good2Golf, it helps you leaving when you still have numerous boxes of monogramed golf balls with a Canadian flag, your name and "Prime Minister" printed on them. 

Bet you don't have any of those ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back