• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

OPME Rejection Notices

How many members have received a notice of rejection while applying for an OPME in the last year.

• yes, I'm an officer.

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • no, I'm an officer.

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • yes, I'm an NCM/SNCO.

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • no, I'm an NCM/SNCO.

Votes: 5 13.2%

• Total voters
PuckChaser said:
Muffin: Are you going to post when the system goes live for applications again? I believe summer semester is 1 June, correct?

The dates for registration are always listed here :)
http://www.opme.forces.gc.ca/pro-ser/adm/dat-eng.asp

They should update the page to include Fall 2011 shortly.

This session closes April 15th, and registrations should be processed within a few days after that. I will run the acceptance/rejections email jobs once they tell me they have all been actioned.

My hubby is posted to Gagetown this summer so after 12 years of working with RMC/CDA/OPME I may not be as "in the loop" after July, but I will do what I can :)

muffin said:
My hubby is posted to Gagetown this summer so after 12 years of working with RMC/CDA/OPME I may not be as "in the loop" after July, but I will do what I can :)
You could ship him off unaccompanied, so you can carry on the good work.  :whistle:

muffin said:
I will run the acceptance/rejections email jobs once they tell me they have all been actioned.

What's your beverage of choice these days?  Not that I would try to bribe you (unless it would work??  lol), but just in case others are interested....  ;)

Hahah... unfortunately when it comes to data integrity I am un-bribe-able ;)

Chief Stoker said:
I just received a email saying that CMS has secured 300 spaces in each of  DCE 001 and DCE 002 OPMEs DL, open to NCMs of any rank, Regular or Reserve Force. Once all registrations are received the loading priority is:
1. NCMs Navy employed within CMS;
2. NCMs Navy employed outside CMS; and
3. Other NCMs

Good news for some people waiting for the course.

I got that same email. I'm in a bit of a bind, whereas I had applied for DCE002 (distance) about  a month ago.  So if I'm shot down and  I don't get it that way, I hope I am at least able to get one of these 300 NCM slots.

muffin said:
I just confirmed some details about these course spots:

These additional spots were requested by the navy and will NOT be course loaded from the regular waiting list. If you would like to be considered for these additional spots, you must forward your info to the Navy DMTE OPME coordinator. If you registered for an OPME through the OPME portal your name will NOT be considered for these extra spaces.

** additional info added **
The email is n-opme.pempo-m@forces.gc.ca

Hmmm. I guess I'm SOL.

For those NCM's who are getting OPME rejection notices but still want similar style PD might I suggest The Diploma in Military Arts and Science (DMASc) for Non-Commissioned Members which is a joint CDA / RMC / Ontario Colleges program.  Thisprogram is intended specifically fo non-commissioned members of the Canadian Forces unlike the OPME program which is formally part of the Officer DP.  For more information:

http://www.cda-acd.forces.gc.ca/dli-dai/dmasc-dascm/index-eng.asp

It seems to be the route that quite a few NCM's I know are taking since admission to the OPME program has become difficult.

Cheers,

MC

MedCorps said:
For those NCM's who are getting OPME rejection notices but still want similar style PD might I suggest The Diploma in Military Arts and Science (DMASc) for Non-Commissioned Members which is a joint CDA / RMC / Ontario Colleges program.  Thisprogram is intended specifically fo non-commissioned members of the Canadian Forces unlike the OPME program which is formally part of the Officer DP.  For more information:

http://www.cda-acd.forces.gc.ca/dli-dai/dmasc-dascm/index-eng.asp

It seems to be the route that quite a few NCM's I know are taking since admission to the OPME program has become difficult.

Cheers,

MC

That has already been mentioned in this thread.  Great idea though.  :)

I want to double-check some of my assumptions:

OPME courses taken through DNDLearn aren't good for academic credit, except via PLAR toward a BMASC or DMASC, is that correct?

If I wanted to do complete my OPME and maybe use the credits toward a degree program at another institution, then I should take the equivalent courses through the Department of Continuing Studies (and pay tuition), right?

When you take an OPME course, there's actually a form you fill out to have them listed on an RMC transcript (not a PLAR though). AFAIK these can then be transferred to other institutions (hence why non-RMC students can get an RMC transcript for just these courses after applying as an interest only student). For more info, see here

I guess my question should have been: Can I get an RMC transcript for taking the free online OPME courses? I think you've answered that, thanks.

All but DCE001/DEF001 and DCE002/DEF002
There are no academic credit for these courses.

Sorry for the bump, this is the most relevant(and recent) topic that I could dig up.  Has anyone received rejection notices regarding the latest semester?  I completed DCE001 back in '09 and I've since received rejection emails on the last two.  I've received no email or material  for this semester, "My Courses" in the OPME Portal is empty as well.  I can only assume that I've been denied.

If clearance is going to take another two years I'd prefer to be learning something  ::)

The courses started May 2nd. If you did not receive an acceptance email and login info for DNDLearn, then you did not get the course this term.

Sigh... I had this written up already before I realized that I might have misunderstood entirely what you were asking. However, it's good info for any Civie U types out there, so I'm going to post it anyway.

Rheostatic said:
I want to double-check some of my assumptions:

OPME courses taken through DNDLearn aren't good for academic credit, except via PLAR toward a BMASC or DMASC, is that correct?

If I wanted to do complete my OPME and maybe use the credits toward a degree program at another institution, then I should take the equivalent courses through the Department of Continuing Studies (and pay tuition), right?

No.

If you want to do the OPMEs as part of your degree (from a different university), you should talk to the appropriate person at the Registrar's Office who deals with Credit Transfers. They can tell you which OPMEs will be accepted for credit at your university and for which courses. At MUN, 4 are accepted, but 3 are "unspecified" 2000-level History credits. This person should be able to provide you with a letter stating "Bloggins has permission to take x,y,z courses from RMC for credit at University of ______" or something to that effect, before you even sign up for them.

It's a lot harder to get RMC to accept courses from other universities as you're looking for credit for specific courses with specific curriculum. There's a group of us at MUN finding all this stuff out now but hopefully we can make it pretty standard for any SEM students at MUN from now on.

One last thing that's important, make sure you pay attention to your university's Residence Requirement (and other random regulations). At MUN, the Residence Requirement is that your last 10 courses of your degree must be taken at MUN, meaning now that I am in my 4th year if I take *ONE* OPME, I'll have completed 39/40 courses at MUN, but still won't be elligible to receive my degree (unless I get the Residence Requirement waived beforehand). All university's have some sort of Residence Requirement, as well as a host of other retarded rules to watch out for, so cross your t's and dot your i's first.

I'm not a university student, but given that there's more than one way to complete the courses, I want to conduct my OPME in a way that will contribute to my academic history (by way of an academic transcript, not just a check on my MPRR), for admissions and possible transfer credit for a program I may pursue in the future.

I am familiar with letters of permission, residency requirements, and the fact that transfer credits are accepted at the discretion of the degree-granting institution.

I think the link JMesh provided had the anwer I was looking for.

Back