• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

No credit

Bart905 said:
I had a Debit card Rbc said since I'm a student I dont have to pay for their services. Then after I quit my job they started putting monthly fee's on my debit account I did not have money on my card and it kept on going minus on my debit card I paid after 3 months would that effect me at all ? Its paid off but like I was too lazy to pay it off since they trick me into it ..

Did you call RBC too ask what the charges were for?  On some account types you have to pay a monthly fee, ie for XX amount of debit transactions allowed a month, and fees for going over that limit, etc.  Just because you have no money doesn't mean you will stop getting the monthly charges for your account to keep it.

Using the excuse you were lazy and you think the bank tricked isn't that good, especially when all it would have taken was a trip to the bank or a phone call to sort it all out. 

Bart905 said:
I did not quit school I was a full time student.

As said a simple call to the bank would have straightened that out.  My girlfriend works for a bank and she reverses charges for people all the time, even when they don't deserve it (as in it was their own fault they were charged in the first place).  Not saying RBC would reverse the charges just that if you noticed you were being charged, you could eliminate future charges by being pro-active about it.  When it comes to money, your paycheque, savings, etc it litterally pays off to be on top of your finances. 

Newyork said:
I dont have any credit, in either the states and in Canada.

Is there a question in there or just stating that you don't have credit?

Newyork said:
Pretty much stating that i dont have credit.

See responses #1, 3, 6, etc in this topic alone.  Several others on the forum say the same.

Back