• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

10 years and still waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaglehawkdown

Reaction score
CFAT- Passed
wait........
Medical- Passed
wait.................................................
wait....
A second medical test (Blood work and ECG)from a doctor- also passed
wait........
wait.
Background check- Passed
wait.............................................
References- Passed
wait......
1st interview-passed
wait.....................
Credit check-poor but was told file could still move forward.
wait.......
wait more.......................................
2nd Interview- passed
wait.................
wait................
wait........
wait.......
wait......
Eventually I followed up and was told that after all of that that my file has now been sent to a Personal Selection Officer and a time frame could not be known.

wait...........
waiting ...............
waiting still...........................

Maybe one day eh?

You failed the CFAT the first time. I'm willing to bet a lot of the delays are issues you caused either directly or indirectly, one of which is actually failing the CFAT in 2013. I hope you have a better attitude than you did back then, because those posts are pretty toxic.

You failed the CFAT the first time. I'm willing to bet a lot of the delays are issues you caused either directly or indirectly, one of which is actually failing the CFAT in 2013. I hope you have a better attitude than you did back then,

You failed the CFAT the first time. I'm willing to bet a lot of the delays are issues you caused either directly or indirectly, one of which is actually failing the CFAT in 2013. I hope you have a better attitude than you did back then, because those posts are pretty toxic.
Yes you are right it is ALL my fault.

No, but the failed CFAT and poor credit making your file a weak pass are within your control. Your additional medical screening doesn't help but that's no way within your control but adds significant time to the process.

I guess I was right about the maturity thing.

Hey no problem it was 10 years in the making.;)
Settle down. You are just being told the hard truth of your situation. Accept it or no, but the people here are better versed in the process than you are. Every recruitment is looked at with the same sets of eyes as the rest. You aren't special. If there's a glitch somewhere, that delays things significantly. If there's more than one, add to that. When was the last time you spoke to the recruiter? Has your credit file been cleared up? Phone calls are not the optimal way to get action. Go down there and ask for an update, they can't hang up on you. Or send a registered letter asking for an update in writing. And when you do visit the recruiter, don't have the same attitude you do here.

eaglehawkdown, given that you've stated your file was sent to a PSO in Borden, I'd assume that it was sent to the Recruiting Personnel Selection Officer (RPSO), who is the head PSO for recruiting. This may mean there are abnormal concerns regarding your reliability screening.

From everything you’ve described on this and other posts, it’s a real possibility that your file is a bit trickier, and that overall you’re simply a pretty marginal candidate. That may mean your file simply isn’t getting prioritized at all, and there are more steps for CAF to see if they’ll offer you a job.

I’m not saying this to be a dick, but simply to offer an objective outside look in.

Or you could dye you hair pink, get your nails done and identify as a furry. You might be in by next week. You need to fit one of their priority demographics to get action.

We really need that sarcasm emoji.😃

Yes they are telling not just me but everyone this : Do everything we tell you and PASS everything we throw at you and we will still ghost you.
Going into 2024 :cool: strong and still waiting.

Yes they are telling not just me but everyone this : Do everything we tell you and PASS everything we throw at you and we will still ghost you.
Going into 2024 :cool: strong and still waiting.
The recruiting system is slow and full of stupid bureaucracy. You made it worse by failing your CFAT adding minimum time between retests that can be measured in years and got unlucky with medical flags that needed additional screening. You need to take ownership that you added to a long process, it's not completely the CAF's fault.

Then again, maybe they're ghosting you because your file is so weak it keeps getting passed over despite a massive recruiting focus at every competition board.

Anywho, this pity party is locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back