• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

UN starts moving oil from Yemen tanker in bid to stop disaster

I am generally very critical of UN led missions. However I will give full credit to the team involved in this. Getting to this point in a technically complex operation rife with political uncertainly and risk of war is quite the achievement.

UN starts moving oil from Yemen tanker in bid to stop disaster
Honestly they should have lit the thing on fire and let it burn.
But to say this is a complex operation. I would have to say not really. There are companies trained to perform off loads in more complex situations. But they need their bills paid. Hopefully the UN has a few bucks.
Send in a mine sweeper or two and clear the area. Post a frigate or two to keep security and offload the oil. Be done in a week or two.
Kill anyone compromising security.

Honestly they should have lit the thing on fire and let it burn.
But to say this is a complex operation. I would have to say not really. There are companies trained to perform off loads in more complex situations. But they need their bills paid. Hopefully the UN has a few bucks.
Send in a mine sweeper or two and clear the area. Post a frigate or two to keep security and offload the oil. Be done in a week or two.
Kill Neutralize anyone compromising security.

Easier to sneak by the Foreign Affairs Minister ;)

Back