• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Rucksack

The carrier for the 522 that is issued is absolute garbage.... a garbage bag with straps would probably be more comfortable.

PuckChaser said:
The carrier for the 522 that is issued is absolute garbage.... a garbage bag with straps would probably be more comfortable.

The best carrier for a radio that size is an armoured personnel one....

Bzzliteyr said:
Told the other day by who?

It was passed down in O-group.  I think it came from the same LCIS Techs in KAF that keep telling us not to sweat in our vehicle headsets  ::)

We don't carry 522's so we didn't question it.

So this is a new phenomenon?  All the other tours before that one had no issues?  Wow.  I guess someone needs to take him on a patrol outside the wire, with the manpack in it's harness with his patrol pack over it (disregard the fact the patrol pack has a designated radion pouch in it!).  Then we'll see if he changes his mind.

Bzzliteyr said:
So this is a new phenomenon?  All the other tours before that one had no issues?  Wow.  I guess someone needs to take him on a patrol outside the wire, with the manpack in it's harness with his patrol pack over it (disregard the fact the patrol pack has a designated radion pouch in it!).  Then we'll see if he changes his mind.

it looks good on paper, and that's all most KAFer's see.

We are still trying to get him/her to roll with us for a few days, to teach us how not to sweat in the headsets. 

Some people need a good swift kick in the (fill in the blank).

SOME people need to go outside the wire once in a while, especially those who issue stupid imperatives like "don't sweat in your headsets".

Just my opinion, and I know it's not politically correct...and I don't care.

OldSoldier said:
Just my opinion, and I know it's not politically correct...and I don't care.

Ahhh, but it is common sense --- and that is the difference!!  ;)

Wonderbread said:
... the above direction is absolutly retarded.

Agreed 100%.  Though as a solution I would be in favor of being issued a cooler war, preferably in a beer producing country.

OldSoldier said:
Thank you Veronica. Common sense is NOT an issue item is it?

Some asshole supply tech gave it a stock number years ago and threw it on a shelf ... I haven't been able to re-locate it to date, despite a 20 year search, so that I can begin issuing it out again. Typical.

OldSoldier said:
;D
Veronica darn that's too funny!! Thanks!

I aim to please; 'customer service' (the "PC" name for it!!) is my job - despite me being the direct cause of all that is evil.  ;D

ArmyVern said:
... issuing it out again. Typical.

Well, there may only be one, so if it were issued there would not be any left.  Have you checked next to the box of contour lines?

Trust No One said:
Well, there may only be one, so if it were issued there would not be any left.  Have you checked next to the box of contour lines?

Nope, sorry. Even were I to locate it, it's current item status code reads: "Common sense: Restricted to Army.ca use only". And we already have our full entitlment around here; ergo - if it were the last one - it isn't going anywhere but 'me'.  ;)

But wait a minute.. hasn't it been issued to all who enter NDHQ??

oh, wait....

No, I think that it's more that upon closer examination, most in those positions are issued a 'Group, Housing, Brain', but not the 'Assembly, Brain' itself.

Matt_Fisher said:
No, I think that it's more that upon closer examination, most in those positions are issued a 'Group, Housing, Brain', but not the 'Assembly, Brain' itself.
Another one....too darn funny Matt!! You guys make me laugh!!  :rofl:

I note that the stock item, "Assembly, Brain" does not include "for the use of."

Back