• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

57Chevy said:
Just to throw one in here cause I like the photo.
Please tell me what it is ? ;D

I call it a lot of work after the landing.        ;)

Regards

Der Panzerkommandant.... said:
I call it a lot of work after the landing.        ;)

Regards
Yup, wiping up the CC's coffee, finding your ration spoon, re-discovering the expended links in your chair cushion....

BernDawg said:
Yup, wiping up the CC's coffee, finding your ration spoon, re-discovering the expended links in your chair cushion....
Sounds like driver tasks to me... "We'll be out here, tell us when your finished mate. Oh, and make sure you do the greasing!"

57Chevy said:
OK ...... I found one for all you experts out there  :D

Not a very good photo from which to extract details, however its silhouette is similar to a couple of  French armoured cars used mainly in North Africa between the wars.  So, I'll guess "Saurer".

Blackadder1916 said:
Not a very good photo from which to extract details, however its silhouette is similar to a couple of  French armoured cars used mainly in North Africa between the wars.  So, I'll guess "Saurer".
Nope, Sorry about the picture fuzziness,
so I'm adding another picture of an earlier version of the same vehicle.

1929 Renault

Armored cars built in some specimens, used in Morocco, perhaps based on chassis of a Renault truck. The armament was a machine-gun of 8mm.

http://mailer.fsu.edu/~akirk/tanks/

Too close for comfort  ;D  So I have to give it to you. Not quite a cigar but well done.
In fact you may be right about the chassis. Bang on that it was used in Morocco (1929)
It was also used during the occupation of Shanghai (1932)

Japanese / Armoured Car Sumida Type ARM

Japanese you say? Do you have any links as I can't find it.

All I was working off of was the boxy rear fenders.........

I got the picture and details from the insert found in the box of the model from the Tin-Tin collection (Le Lotus Bleu)
Here is a link to that model which shows the pictures.
scroll the page

http://lucile-herve-tournois.fr/Herve/AutosTintin/Page5/Automitrailleuse/Auto.html

Mever thought I would see the day my Tintin & Milou collection would become reference books :nod: I will post one after work tonight.

Back