• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

Since CEEBEE501 hasn't posted a picture after his answer, I thought that I'd give it a try.

Name this piece of equipment. It was used in vehicles and has a hint.

oldmtler said:
Since CEEBEE501 hasn't posted a picture after his answer, I thought that I'd give it a try.

Name this piece of equipment. It was used in vehicles and has a hint.

SR C45

What have we here?
3837353839623739.jpg

Regards,
ironduke57

I'll take a guess that it's Russian half-track from World War II.  Chassis not sure, but the gun appears to be a 57mm anti-tank ZiS-type.

Andy011 said:
I'll take a guess that it's Russian half-track from World War II.  Chassis not sure, but the gun appears to be a 57mm anti-tank ZiS-type.
Good guess. And it´s designation is?

Regards,
ironduke57

NavyShooter said:
Russian prototype tank destroyer h/t, the ZiS-41

?

[ img]http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/1033/zis41tankdestroyer02.jpg[/img ]

Right.

(57mm ZiS-2 AT gun on an armored ZIS-22M halftruck.)

Your turn.

Regards,
ironduke57

At first glance one would think Hummer H1 (HumV), but it actually looks more like the old Lamborghini LM that they tried to make in the late 80s.  According to Wiki there were only ~300 made, and the only one used for military purposes was destroyed in a VB-IED test.

It isn't the Chinese Meng Shi either, as it has those odd windows off to the sides of the windshield.

Okaaay...I think everyone who was going to guess has.  We made our guesses, and s'about that time to spill the beans.

Back