• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

Related to Dragoon?-> AFAIK no.
Egyptian Fahd?-> No. As said it is from the US.

Here some data about it (gathered through babelfish):

The crew member + carries 2+7 (or 11) the person
Actuation pattern 4×4
Net weight 9299kg
Specific power 20.2kW/t
Vehicle commander 6.045m
The vehicle extends 2.438m
The vehicle is high (does not have weapon) 2.286m
Road maximum speed 105km/h
0 arrives 32km/h rise time 10.5s
The fuel stockpiles 378L
Road maximum travelling range 1287km
Floats crosses the ability to have
Crawls slope 60%
The side leans slope 30%
Climbs vertical wall high 0.609m
Smallest radial turning 9m
Engine
The production company says according to the tribulus (Deutz)
Model F8L413F
Type 8V forced-air cooling diesel engine
Power/rotational speed 188kW/2650r/min
Transmission device
Production company double disc (Twin Disc)
Model 1,130
The type is automatic, has the integral-type transfer case
reverse gear several 4/4
The diverting device type integral type hydraulic pressure boosts
Suspension unit type leaf spring and hydraulic pressure shock absorber
Tire specification 14×20, 18
Armoured structure type/thickness/material isotropic /6.35 ~ 9.52mm/
High degree of hardness armour plate
Electrical system voltage 24V

Regards,
ironduke57 

My brain just woke up.. Bosnia.. a BOV?

I am sure I have seen it somewhere before..

MCG said:
4x4 APC Emergency One Mk44

A cookie for this gentlemen!

Right. Your turn.

Here is all I have about it:
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=zh_en&trurl=http%3a%2f%2fjczs.sina.com.cn%2fpc%2f2003-10-15%2f29%2f626.html

Regards,
ironduke57

ironduke57 said:
Yes it is.
The Canadian Ram Cruiser Tank was a unique Canadian evolution of the American M3 Medium (Grant/Lee). It had been acknowledged as early as August 1940 that the British would be unable to meet our requirements for cruiser tanks, and Montreal Locomotive Works (a subsidiary of American Locomotive Co., which was already building tanks) was designated as the Canadian Tank Arsenal. It was judged that the excessive height and inferior armament configuration of the M3 series could be improved upon locally, and a new tank was designed around the excellent M3 engine and drivetrain.

Unfortunately, during the process of design, the British specification for cruiser tanks mounting a 2 pdr gun was adhered to, and the 60-inch turret ring of the Grant was retained, thus restricting the Ram from ever being upgunned beyond 6 pdr. [then] Colonel Worthington himself had argued for the minimum of a 75mm main gun, but was overrulled by the Interdepartmental Tank Committee under the influence of the British Tank Mission. While this was happening, however, British experience on the battlefield was already dictating the necessity for a heavier main gun, and the early 2 pdr Ram did at least get a turret with a readily detachable frontpiece, which could be removed with gun in place and replaced by a 6pdr assembly.

The prototype Ram rolled off the assembly line in June 1941, and general production of the Ram I began that November. Within three months the line had been changed to Ram II production, which continued until July 1943, at which point the decision had been taken to re-equip British and Canadian units with the abundant and better-armed U.S. Sherman. A total of 1948 Rams of all marques were produced, the last 84 of which were the O.P. variant carrying a dummy gun and two No. 19 Wireless sets for use by the FOOs (Forward Observation Officers) of the Sexton-mounted artillery regiments then being formed.

In its cruiser configuration, and limited by its small turret ring and 6 pdr gun, the Ram never saw combat, but was used instead for the training of armour crews in Great Britain. By late-summer 1944, with the war raging in Northern Europe, even that function had all but ceased, but the Ram found new life, and went on to do yeoman service, in a number of variants including the Kangaroo armoured personnel carrier, Badger flame tank, Wallaby ammunition tank, armoured gun tower (for the 17 pdr towed AT gun) and ARV. Sadly, most of the Rams which survived the European war ended their time as hard targets on a variety of tank ranges, and few examples remain.
http://www.mapleleafup.org/vehicles/cac/ram.html

and more here: http://www.ramtank.ca/

mystery28.jpg

8)

Regards,
ironduke57

Panzer Kampfwagen?

I used to always hate those WWII german vehicles when I worked in a hobby store growing up, I could never get the PSKFWDKFKDKNEICV designations correct...

haha, impulse answering is bad.. I am so way off on that guess!!! Google BEFORE pressing post.. haha

Pkpfw IV F2?->No.
Pzkpfw 4 Ausf D?->No.

@Bzzliteyr Panzerkampfwagen is only an generic name for an AFV.

Regards,
ironduke57

Back