• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

Thucydides said:
Swiss PZ 87 WE with thermal camoflage and RWS.
Yes.  Pz 87 is the Swiss designation for thier Leopard 2A4.  Pz 87WE is the current upgrade model which diverges quite significantly from the path taken in the Leopard 2A6.

Jammer said:
Leo 1 with a T-72 turret.

IIRC the back story of this one is that after the fall of the wall the BW tried if this was a feasible (and cheap) upgrade for the Leo1. Take the turret of ex-NVA T-72´s and put it on an Leo1 hull. Cheap way of adding more firepower and turret armor on the proven Leo1 hull. But the project was scraped as most idea´s regarding integrating the NVA in the BW, because it wasn´t needed anymore after the Warsaw pact was gone.

But it is no wonder that some in Britain and France feared an united Germany. With the two German Army´s combined together we would had an enormous firepower. (As if we would be the same German´s which would make a "little trip" to Paris or London.)

Regards,
ironduke57

ironduke57 said:
But it is no wonder that some in Britain and France feared an united Germany. With the two German Army´s combined together we would had an enormous firepower. (As if we would be the same German´s which would make a "little trip" to Paris or London.)

Regards,
ironduke57

That was something I always wonder when I was younger.  ;D That Leo/T72 deal did throw me for a loop there.

Maybe this spur´s this thread a bit on:
mystery38.jpg

Regards,
ironduke57

Funny, when I first looked at it, I immediately thought of BRDM-2.  But that MG looks more like an M2 HB than a DSHK...

Mortarman Rockpainter said:
Funny, when I first looked at it, I immediately thought of BRDM-2.  But that MG looks more like an M2 HB than a DSHK...

BRDM-2?-> No.
DSHK?->No.
M2?-> Yes.

Regards,
ironduke57

The only guess I have is a variant of the M-93 FOX, the US NBC vehicle; however, the front "windows" seem wrong...

I know the answer is No, but I am going to go with a VAB prototype or something in that family..

I can see similarities with some types of Dragoon
99.jpg

However, the window configuration is not right for even the Patroller variant.  Perhaps an initial prototype geared toward the US military police requirement?

Back