• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MUSIC

What music do people like?

• Country

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Heavy Metal

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Classic Rock

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Rap

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Techno

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
Che, Spot on the money my friend. I like all kinds of music. But if I had to pick a FAVORITE band it would definitly be the Doors.

JIm Morrison was the man.

Jim Morrison or David Gilmour are the way to go..

I understand that all music has a general template. But christ...the same chords, and melody? They could at least attempt to break away from the 4 figure riffs they love ever so much..

barenaked ladies are the best! everything about them rocks. I've never seen them in concert, and i only have one CD, but im still a huge fan of them. Thier music is awsome. My fave song is "pinch me"

Think the music industry has become a little too... well, industrial? So do we. Why should you trust the big names to tell you which CD is good? We know you'd rather hear opinions from people who AREN'T getting paid millions to tell you how great Bob Dylan's Greatest Hits 8-track is.

Have a look around and enjoy yourselves. Join the community, talk about music - talk about life... Whatever you want.

Just have fun!

http://www.element-music.net/forum/

I was just wondering what kind of music peple like on these boards hope u like the suggestions. I'm a metalhead myself any other metalheads on these boards if so who are your favourite bands? Mine are: Megadeth Metallica Slayer Anthrax and Lamb of God

My fave metal bands are Megadeath, Metalica ,Dream Theater, and Iron Maden

What about current punk like good charlotte, sum 41, blink, greenday, rancid, gob, goldfinger.  A lot of those bands are good to listen to during a run.

Im a huge classics fan, Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd are the more predominants in my album collection mind you.

While Bad Religion will always be my favorite band,  I am very impressed with the latest Megadeth effort.  I hope that Lars Ulrich and James Hetfield shed a tear when they realize that "The System Has Failed" is the album that "St Anger" should have been.

Other fine bands include:

Black Sabbath
Tool
Lamb Of God
Atreyu
Hatebreed
Nonpoint
Nothingface
System Of A Down
Sublime
Alexisonfire (CANCON)
Pantera
The Offspring
The Clash
Operation Ivy
Mudvayne
Pennywise
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Otep
Lacuna Coil
Slipknot
Raised Fist
The Darkness
Helmet
Shadows Fall
Avenged Sevenfold
40 Bellow Summer
# Inches of Blood (CANCON)
Mastadon
Throwdown
Devil Driver

Ok, who was trying to kill 50 cent if they missed 9 times :eek: :D, he's been shot in the face more times than Jenna Jameson, ok lame rap jokes aside. HARD ROCK, HEAVY METAL all the way.

Static X
Thrice
Slipknot
Rob Zombie
Metallica
Limp Bizkit
ACDC
Iron Maiden
DROWNING POOL!!! My fav band
Marilyn Manson
Korn
too name a few....

My all time favorite band is Gob, I've heard they put on a pretty good live show. Another good live band Slipknot (specially their new album). I guess the band members walk around the crowd after the show and ask people how they liked it and I guess there have been a few assualts! My fav old school band is AC/DC (who doesn't like "Thunder"?). But what the heck does it stand for?

Heres a small list of my favorites. Im generally into the classics and alot of new punk that never gets aired on the radio or TV. I also like some ska... everything really.

Bigwig
Alexisonfire
Boys Night Out
Sublime
Billy Talent
Zeppelin
Hendrix
Brand New
Thrice
Refused
Bouncing Souls
Suicide Machines

Call me a nerd but....theres nothing like the sound of bagpipes in the morning...did you know i have my alarm set to play reville im not joking?

I hear if you listen to some classical music (Beethoven, Chopin, patchable, Vivaldi are some classic composers) it will make you smart.  I know a number of teachers in my area have their entire class listen to 15 mins to 30 mins of classical music every day, while the kids colour or do some other easy, fun task.

I also hear that classical music will increase your test scores if you listen to quite, calm classical music while you study.  I tested this theory many years ago in high school but it didn't show very compelling results.

I have to abstain from this vote as there's no category for "a little bit of everything"

From hundreds of years ago to the latest thing released I can find stuff I like (and dislike) in all types of music.

Back