• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MUSIC

What music do people like?

• Country

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Heavy Metal

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Classic Rock

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Rap

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Techno

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Martin de Souza:
[qb] What no one likes Oasis or Korn? I‘m mainly into Hard Rock and Heavy metal. I like alternative too. Can‘t forget the classics that GrahamD mentioned. [/qb]
Oasis? Is that the band that sings "Champain Supernova"? If it is, I like that band. Their songs are real catchy even though they all sound the same. Whatever happened to them?

Another good band was Soundgarden.

Good ole hard rock! From ACDC to Nickleback (who BTW do very well here in Australia). Tool, The Tea Party do well too, Australia‘s Powderfinger, Front End Loader, and Grinspoon also are good bands. especially live.

One time at a local pub called The Three Weeds (these pubs are old, many dating back to about 1880 or so), on Evans St, in Rozelle, in Sydney‘s inner west, on a Wednesday night, on a dull winter‘s day, a few yrs back. It was quiet, but a few more people than normal. Midnight Oil showed up, and did a 45 minute accustic set, which was excellent. Then they had a few beers with us and left. Now thats good PR, and one of the coolest things I have seen.

However I enjoy traditional Irish music, and even a couple of Stan Rogers tunes too, as for country music, only Johnny Cash, and Dwight Yokam. The rest of it sends me off the deep-end.

One good thing about coming to Australia is, in the past going on 10 yrs now, not one single country music radio station! No country bars or pubs. Kind of a metal heads heaven! Another one of the thousands of reasons I love it here.

Cheers,

Wes

Oasis? Is that the band that sings "Champain Supernova"? If it is, I like that band. Their songs are real catchy even though they all sound the same. Whatever happened to them?
Liam and Noel Gallagher were a pair of obnoxious losers. Particularly the younger one Liam. He pulled some "rockstar" type stunts that went over extremely badly.
One night when he was supposed to perform (he was the lead singer) he showed up too drunk to be on stage. The show was being filmed to be aired on TV. If that wasn‘t bad enough, when Noel tried to carry on with the show, Liam heckled him relentlessly from the crowd for over an hour.

Another was when Michael Hutchence (lead vocals for INXS, now deceased) was presenting an award a some awards ceremony, and it turned out that Oasis were the winners, one of the two (I think Noel) instead of thanking anyone chose instead to say (turning to Michael) "THEY SHOULDN‘T LET HAS BEENS HAND OUT AWARDS AT THESE THINGS". He then bent over and proceeded to simulate using the statue award as a (adult sex toy). Then righted himself and said "I believe Michael would like to slap my face" and laughed in his face.

The absolute best though was when Liam proudly proclaimed that "Oasis is the biggest band the world has ever seen, we are bigger than The Beatles".

Anyway, thats what happened to them. They threw away all their fame and respect by acting like idiots.

Foo Fighters!!! They never disappoint. It‘s been what 3 years since Tool‘s Lateralus? I hope they do come out with another album but I heard Tool will be taking a backseat to A Perfect Circle and it‘ll be a while yet. Have to wait and see I guess (hearsay and conjecture of course). How‘s about Nirvana and Alice in Chains? . The founding fathers of the grunge scene. They‘ll be a staple part of my music diet for ages to come. Sad to see STP throw in the towel but cest la vie eh? I grew up listening to Soundgarden and Rage Against The Machine and when I found out Audioslave would consist of RATM sans Zach de la Rocha with Chris Cornell takin the mic I thought it wouldn‘t fly but they do have some really good sounds.

The Hip!!!

Honourable mention for Rush and The Guess Who but that‘s way before my time eh.

:D

Originally posted by Slim:
[qb] Goth...Deffinitly Goth, its the chicks in black leather... :evil: [/qb]
Right on. I second that. Plus the peircings, tattoos and eyeliner. Tons of jet black eyeliner and lipstick.

As for bands, nothing beats Slayer, White Zombie, and about a dozen Euro metal bands like Rammstein, Megaherz, OOMPH!, Stahlhammer...and the list goes on and on.

Even Marilyn Manson has some great songs...but most of his stuff is that teenage angsty "pain in my heart, my tortured soul bleeds eternal sorrow" drama queen crap parade...

But there is always time for some good old Pink Floyd or The Doors...

Anyway, thats what happened to them. They threw away all their fame and respect by acting like idiots.
Wealth in the hand of a fool will always lead to destruction but in staying on topic, Oasis, fly-by-night as they were, still had some catchy tunes. Hopefully they banked some of their bucks.

Guns and Roses, has alwasy been my favorite. I would agree that "Appetite for Destruction" was their best album but I still like "Use your Illusion 1" and 2.

Mariachi,Ranchero,Tambura,Marenge,Tropical just to name a few latin type‘s of music which I like.

Good dancing music ;)

Pink Floyd....I dont bun for the record, just love Roger Waters and David Gilmour :D

I could show you a goth chick that would make you guys completley change your minds. On the other hand, I could show you another goth chick that would make your jaw drop.. though she was a brat.

Okay, we‘re waiting for the pix of the chix ...

You‘ll have to wait out on that one, I‘ll have to sneak up on them to take the pictures.

Guns and Roses, has alwasy been my favorite. I would agree that "Appetite for Destruction" was their best album but I still like "Use your Illusion 1" and 2.
Axl Rose is another prime example of a rockstar turned moron. However, not only is Appetite For Destruction, their best album, it is (debateably) the best rock and roll album of all time. They were revolutionary. Before Appetite, I thought Def Leopard was hard rock, and so did a lot of other people.

Anyway, I know that among the industry people, Appetite is in the running for #1 all time. Along with Nevermind, Darkside of The Moon, Joshua Tree, and a handful of others.

Originally posted by GrahamD:
Axl Rose is another prime example of a rockstar turned moron.
Turned moron? I think he was born that way. I remember driving 2 hrs to montreal to see them and metallica. Metallica‘s show was cut short when the lead singers hand gets caught on fire from a pyro accident then we waited 2 hrs for Guns n Roses to take the stage and right in the middle of the very 1st song, Axl (rhymes with you know what) decides he doesn‘t feel like doing a show and mumbles something to the crowd like **** you and walks off the stage. Lets just say it was my first time ever experiencing a riot.

Originally posted by nbk:
[qb] Even Marilyn Manson has some great songs...[/qb]
The only thing that Marilyn Manson ever did for me was make Maddona covers bearable to listen to! :evil:

I mainly listen to Oi (80s working class punk rock), 1st and 2nd wave ska, some older reggae, a lot of Irish folk music, and old country western (ie. johnny cash), also a lot of the local hardcore bands, but only if it‘s live

Back