• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MUSIC

What music do people like?

• Country

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Heavy Metal

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Classic Rock

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Rap

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Techno

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters

The_Falcon

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Ok I know the Grammy‘s were awhile ago, but I was watching MuchMusic the other day (last week) and 50 cent was explaining why he walked on stage when Evanescence won for Best new artist. "50 Cent: I like Evanescence‘s song but I only really got into one song so far. So I don‘t understand how they get Best New Artist when it‘s only one record when you know you still have to prove yourself past that record." Umm okay buddy, you have only gotten into one song, and because of that you don‘t understand how they beat you?! He obviously does not know about their other singles that are being played contantly. Otherwise he just might realize that they have something, he does not have and never will possess. Something like musical talent. And they have only got one record. Well so do you (G-unit does not count you dumb c****head). This guy is a plague, he is proud of being shot 9 times and still being alive. I am willing to bet that those of us on this board who despise idiot thugs like this tool, would not miss, if given an opportunity. Thats my 50cents worth!

Ironic how a guy with the name ‘50 cent‘ thinks he deserves a grammy for ‘best‘ new artist. Evanescence rock, they deserved it.

I‘ve always disliked 50 Cent.
He seems to think he‘s the best, just because he got shot 9 times and can talk really fast with a slur.

Evanescence is my fav. band, metal is my fav kind of music though, really loud, heavy metal...but chill out relax and think music is Evanescence....

Nothing‘s more motivating than a good loud rock/metal song. Some of my favorites are AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Offspring and Linkin Park. Music I can‘t stand: pop, hiphop, dance, trance.

I like the kind of music you can rob a convienence store to :) nothing beats Old skool MetallicA \m/

Goth...Deffinitly Goth, its the chicks in black leather... :evil:

Bands like Linkin Park, Seether, Bush, Goo Goo Dolls and Third Eye Blind

Evanescence, Linkin Park, Creed, Trapt, Staind, Three Doors Down, Nickleback, Simple Plan, Good Charlotte, Mercy Me... Some Top 40
Pretty much anything with a good beat, good base, good lyrics, etc.... No Eminem crap!

How are you going to put in all those catagories and not include punk or ska?

Anyway, I grew up during the glory days of "alternative" rock, otherwise known as GRUNGE.

Naturally it makes me want to cry when I hear people say that bands like Evanesence or Linkin Park are where its at now. I‘m pretty bitter about the whole transition popular music took from cool and meaningful, to generic meaningless dribble. I swear sometimes I can‘t tell the difference between a band thats posing as Pearl Jam, and another who is trying to copy The Sex Pistols.

I know each generation says that their music was better than the modern stuff, but in my case that was true. Led Zepplin, AC/DC (Bon Scott style), Eric Clapton, and any number of top notch rockers were making important music in the generation before mine. The same way bands like Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Alice In Chains, Smashing Pumpkins, and many many more Seattle style groups were making important music 10-15 years ago. I can‘t think of any bands who have come on the scene in the last 5-10 years who even deserve an honourable mention.

Anyway, my all time favorite bands (who are still playing *there is way too much classic stuff to list*) would be: U2, AC/DC (the old stuff is best), Pearl Jam, The Tragically Hip, NOFX. EDIT- (The true measure of a great band [in my opinion] is if they have at least one album you can put on and enjoy EVERY SINGLE SONG, and I mean actually enjoy them all, not just put up with some that kind of suck. Best example of a rock album where every song totally rocked was Appetite For Destruction -by Guns And Roses)

PS. Is there really a band called Seether? Did they take that name from the Veruca Salt song?

Like how GodSmack took their name from an Alice In Chains song? Then titled one of their original singles as "keep away" very similar to Alice In Chains "Stay away". Their other 2 "original" singles being titled "whatever" and "Bad Religion". Seems like I‘d steer clear of the "Whatever Nevermind" lyrics only a couple years after they planted Kurt, and the hugely popular punk rock band "Bad Religion" probably felt irritated. But hey, when you‘re doing whatever it takes to sell out, who cares who‘s toes you step on.Anyway GodSmack is just a standard example of how bad music is getting in terms of stealing ideas, and selling out.

Also the very fact that SO CALLED "punk" groups are getting air time on MTV and Much Music, screams volumes about how much they sold out the genre. The worst part is that the guys from Blink 182 probably could have been cool. Instead they went the way of Green Day, and tried to bring an underground scene to the masses. Why? For $$$$$$.

UberLame.

Originally posted by Infantry Soldier:
[qb] Nothing‘s more motivating than a good loud rock/metal song. Some of my favorites are AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Offspring and Linkin Park. Music I can‘t stand: pop, hiphop, dance, trance. [/qb]
What he said!
And SO many more. If you listen to 102.1 The Edge you‘ll basically know what I listen to.. Heavy stuff that my mom can‘t stand!

LONG LIVE ROCK! :D \m/

What? No one likes Enigma? Common people it‘s all about the new age music :)
Alternative rock too.

Hehehe... I forgot about punk/ska. Stupid is me.

eeks... you‘re all going to shoot me, but i must say Britney Spears and Atomic Kitten! i listen to trance/techno and love 80s retro

I can‘t vote in the poll. I like too many types of music.

Some of the stuff I like:

-Classical, both classic stuff (Bach/Beethoven) and new classical musics (Lara St. John, etc.)

-Orchestral soundtracks (Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, Saving Pvt. Ryan, Black Hawk Down)

-Jazz(Miles Davis atm)

-Alternative stuff (Alexisonfire, AFI, Radiohead, Incubus, Sparta)

-Classic Rock (Led Zepelin, Pink FLoyd, etc.)

-And some stuff I just can‘t classify (The Mars Volta <- this is good ****, listen to it)

So ya, I like a lot of music.

Bah, only one choice.. they should have been checkboxes, I can‘t quite pin down a single type of music to call my ‘favorite‘.

I listen to trance, drum&base, industrial, etc when I‘m zoning out and doing homework.

Country when I‘m in a redneck kind of mood, but never the pop-country hybrid ****. Johny Cash all the way.

Usually rock (Classic and the new ‘stuff‘), metal, or punk while driving (though sometimes trance again, depends who is sitting shotgun ;) )

I‘ll agree that really heavy metal is great for getting pumped and motivated, especially while working out, or just generally doings things.

Some of the movie theme classical goes well when preparing kit for an ex (i.e. Starship troopers theme, music from The Rock)

It all really depends on what mood I‘m in, and what I‘m doing. ****, I even have CDs that will go from some soft rock/alternative, to some trance, to some country, to some ehavy metal, and back all over again. That really pisses a lot of people off.

What no one likes Oasis or Korn? I‘m mainly into Hard Rock and Heavy metal. I like alternative too. Can‘t forget the classics that GrahamD mentioned.

Alexisonfire is Phemoninal Live
Agreed. Saw them live in my last year of college when they were promoting their new album. My ears were ringing for a few days afterwards but it was all good. Scratching Post was pretty good too when I saw them live a few years back.

Spr. Williamson, if you like alexisonfire then check out Autumn to Ashes, Hopesfall and Poison The Well. Those beats‘ll sure get your feet stompin. :D

Back