• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MP to RCMP

MP's Direct entry to RCMP??

• MP's Direct entry to RCMP??

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MP's Direct entry to RCMP??

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
What, you figure the CFPM is in the business of CCing every RCMP constable out there?  Or the CFPM decided to shake things up a bit to see what fell out of the tree, maybe like a bit of an April Fool's joke?  Trust me, there are those in the RCMP who have known about this issue much, much longer than the email has been on the street.

Newsflash for you:  We never stopped being Green, just most of the Branch forgot and the obsession with recruiting "cops" vice "MPs" and trying to ignore those of us who did the dirtly, smelly job that everyone else tried to ignore is coming back to bite the Branch, hard.

I know this is an old thread, but I figured I'd keep this one going instead of starting a new one.

I know that it's been about three years since this discussion, but recently I was talking to some MP's and they were saying that more and more MP's were transfering out of the Forces. Can anyone confirm this?

Also, is there any news on the RCMP lateral transfer? I read some Civi Cop forums once in a while and they seem to think it's becoming more common.

MPs are doing laterals but looking at the stats provided by the Career Manager this year, I don't think it is the epidemic that some were afraid of.

That's good to hear. I was told that we're losing more MP's to civilian detatchments then we are to retirements. I know civilians make more cash, but I thought that our benefits were much better? I know this sounds goofy, but I figured the boys in the red berets would have a bit more loyalty to the job then that. (I'm just talking out my behind though, I don't actually know what it's like to be an MP yet.)

MPwannabe said:
Also, is there any news on the RCMP lateral transfer?

In case you have not seen this. My apologies if you already have:
"The lateral entry program is under review. Please check back in January 2011 for an update on the status of the program.":
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/recruiting-recrutement/rm-mr/lateral-eng.htm

"*Our program now welcomes applications from the Canadian Forces Military Police."

mariomike said:
In case you have not seen this. My apologies if you already have:
"The lateral entry program is under review. Please check back in January 2011 for an update on the status of the program.":
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/recruiting-recrutement/rm-mr/lateral-eng.htm

"*Our program now welcomes applications from the Canadian Forces Military Police."

Ah, I didn't see that before. Thanks for the information! I'm sure others will appreciate it as well.

The reason the program is under review is that we currently have a 2-3 year backlog of recruits in the pipe. Recruiting is only sending forward those files that are squeaky clean, a lot of really good applicants are in a holding pattern at the moment. As a result they haven't run any lateral courses, it's too bad because these members usually go to GD spots and bring a wealth of experience with them.

There are a few reasons for this, when we hit a period of recession two years ago the forecasted retirements just didn't happen also the money has dried up for Depot and new applicants. We are also supposedly fully staffed...! This will turn around to bite us in the ass in the next few years, when all those retirees put in at the same time and overnight 15-20% of the Force retires. We aren't the only ones in this boat, out here on the West Coast most police and fire services are in the same boat with very limited hires.

Noneck

Noneck:  The exact same set of circumstances hit the CF as well.  We're all in the same boat and when people get over the fear of getting out and trying their hand in the great big world out there, I believe there will be a sharper spike of experienced pers getting out of both orgs which will be even greater than what was forecast prior to the recession.  I also think it is going to institutionally hurt more than if this blip hadn't happened because more people are in the position to walk out the door at the drop of the hat than ever before.

So what you two are saying is that due to the recession a couple years ago, the people that would have retired decided to stay with their respective police force? That does make sense. These older Police Officers will eventually bottleneck and spill out of the force all at once, leaving a very large gap to fill. How many more years do you think these older cops are going to wait before retiring?

MPwannabe said:
So what you two are saying is that due to the recession a couple years ago, the people that would have retired decided to stay with their respective police force? That does make sense. These older Police Officers will eventually bottleneck and spill out of the force all at once, leaving a very large gap to fill. How many more years do you think these older cops are going to wait before retiring?

Forever. So mind as well start doing something else right now.

MedTech said:
Forever. So mind as well start doing something else right now.

LOL

Something else like corrections perhaps? I think the sherriffs might be a good choice too. Maybe even CBSA...

Dissident said:
LOL

Something else like corrections perhaps? I think the sherriffs might be a good choice too. Maybe even CBSA...

Brother, you be quiet and enjoy your sunny awesome weather and shark feading ;)

You're already doing something else  ;D

Unfortunately CSC/CBSA/Sheriffs aren't hiring in the province of BC right now :(. Although MPWannabe's in ONTARIO which has way more peace officers appointed for enforcement purposes then we do out here. He should look into those positions vice sitting as a Commissionaire somewhere. Not that it's a bad thing that you're doing, but if you want exposure and experience get into the field of enforcement. Lots of fun that.

I won't be a Commissionaire much longer. I was just sworn in and I start my MP trade course in January. :D

MPwannabe said:
I won't be a Commissionaire much longer. I was just sworn in and I start my MP trade course in January. :D

Congrats!

MPgonnabe said:

Do you mind telling the rest of us who wants to become an MP the qualifications/education background that you have?
It'd be really useful for us
thanks

It appears that you build your resume by wasting tax dollars that could be spend on another applicant that will stay the longterm but instead you serve first as military police so you can leave early to serve with civilian police - - it serves no purpose but to banish those before you and after you so that you can serve yourself first  ????

Jetta MP said:
It appears that you build your resume by wasting tax dollars that could be spend on another applicant that will stay the longterm but instead you serve first as military police so you can leave early to serve with civilian police - - it serves no purpose but to banish those before you and after you so that you can serve yourself first  ????

::)

If a guy joins, serves the terms of his contract and moves on, i have no problem with that. If the military demanded that you serve an entire career, they would make you sign a 25 year contract right from day one.

CDN Aviator said:
::)

If a guy serves the terms of his contract and moves on, i have no problem with that. If the military..

The question than is if the military is inform that your intention is to serve with another branch other than them in the same context would they still accept your application ? :)

Jetta MP said:

Everyone is free to "follow their dream$". Have you heard of "retention pay"?:
http://www.stratfordbeaconherald.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?archive=true&e=1471257

"...the practice began in 2002 when Toronto police negotiated a bonus for officers to prevent them leaving for other police services."

Everyone has will to do career path as they see fit.. !! Do you sign up for life until retirement ? Do you sign up to achieve basics and to get experience to ride out contract to be release to whatever is wait for you after ? Transitions are difficult but life is to everyone that dreams for more than what is before today... Ok with today generation !! :salute:

Back