• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

More and more funnies.. vol: something...

These demotivational posters never fails to make me smile:

This guy must have been REALLY bored manning that checkpoint all day: ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FaDhnkzqTU

Proofreading is a dying art

Man Kills Self Before Shooting Wife and Daughter 
This one I caught in the SGV Tribune the other day and called the Editorial Room and asked who wrote this.  It took two or three readings before the editor realized that what he was reading was impossible!!!  They put in a correction the next day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just couldn't help but sending this along. Too funny.   
Something Went Wrong in Jet Crash, Expert Says 
      No crap, really? Ya think? 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Police Begin Campaign to Run Down Jaywalkers 

Now that's taking things a bit far! 
  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Panda Mating Fails; Veterinarian Takes Over  
      What a guy!   
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Miners Refuse to Work after Death 
No-good-for-nothing' lazy so-and-so's! 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juvenile Court to Try Shooting Defendant 
See if that works any better than a fair trial!
  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

War Dims Hope for Peace  
I can see where it might have that effect! 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Strike Isn't Settled Quickly, It May Last Awhile 
  Ya think?! 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cold Wave Linked to Temperatures 
      Who would have thought! 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enfield ( London ) Couple Slain; Police Suspect Homicide 
They may be on to something! 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Red Tape Holds Up New Bridges  
      You mean there's something stronger than duct tape? 

Man Struck By Lightning: Faces Battery Charge 

He probably IS the battery charge! 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Study of Obesity Looks for Larger Test Group 
Weren't they fat enough?! 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Astronaut Takes Blame for Gas in Spacecraft

That's what he gets for eating those beans! 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kids Make Nutritious Snacks 
      Do they taste like chicken?

Local  High School Dropouts Cut in Half 
      Chainsaw Massacre all over again! 

Hospitals are Sued by 7 Foot Doctors 
      Boy, are they tall! 

And the winner is.... 
Typhoon Rips Through Cemetery; Hundreds Dead    
    Did I read that right? 

We were dressed and ready to go out for the New Years Eve Party.  We turned
on a night light, turned the answering machine on, covered our pet parakeet
and put the cat in the backyard.

We phoned the local cab company and requested a taxi.  The taxi arrived and
we opened the front door to leave the house.

The cat we put out in the yard, scoots back into the house.  We didn't want
the cat shut in the house because she always tries to eat the bird.

My wife goes out to the taxi, while I went inside to get the cat.  The cat
runs upstairs, with me in hot pursuit. Waiting in the cab, my wife doesn't
want the driver to know that the house will be empty for the night..  So, she
explains to the taxi driver that I will be out soon,

'He's just going upstairs to say Goodbye to my mother.'

A few minutes later, I get into the cab.  'Sorry I took so long,' I said, as
we drove away.  'That stupid bitch was hiding under the bed.  I had to poke
her with a coat hanger to get her to come out! She tried to take off, so I
grabbed her by the neck.  Then, I had to wrap her in a blanket to keep her
from scratching me.  But it worked! I hauled her fat ass downstairs and
threw her out into the back yard!'

The cab driver hit a parked car.

In keeping with the season........

funny-pictures-frosty-had-many-children.jpg

;D

Hammer Sandwich said:
Is there anything that can't be said with a motivational poster?
Yes, the fact that your fourth attachment is neither motivational nor funny

Edit to add:  I get that it implies that "Canadians" as a whole are not at war, but on first read, it struck me as saying Canadian soldiers were not at war.

PMedMoe said:
Yes, the fact that your fourth attachment is neither motivational nor funny

Edit to add:  I get that it implies that "Canadians" as a whole are not at war, but on first read, it struck me as saying Canadian soldiers were not at war.

My apologies entirely...not the intent at all. More of a comment on how even though the population of this country may or may not support the effort overseas, all of us reap the freedoms granted by those who serve.
-Mods, feel free to delete if this may be misconstrued.

P

Universal Laws

1.  Law of Mechanical Repair - After your hands become coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee.

2.  Law of Gravity - Any tool, nut, bolt, screw, when dropped, will roll to the least accessible corner.

3.  Law of Probability -The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

4.  Law of Random Numbers - If you dial a wrong number, you never get a busy signal and someone always answers.

5.  Law of the Alibi - If you tell the boss you were late for work because you had a flat tire, the very next morning you will have a flat tire.

6.  Variation Law - If you change lines (or traffic lanes), the one you were in will always move faster than the one you are in now (works every time).

7.  Law of the Bath - When the body is fully immersed in water, the telephone rings.

8.  Law of Close Encounters -The probability of meeting someone you know increases dramatically when you are with someone you don't want to be seen with.

9.  Law of the Result - When you try to prove to someone that a machine won't work, it will.

10.  Law of Biomechanics - The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the reach.

11.  Law of the Theater and Hockey Arena - At any event, the people whose seats are furthest from the aisle, always arrive last.  They are the ones who will leave their seats several times to go for food, beer, or the toilet and who leave early before the end of the performance or the game is over. The folks in the aisle seats come early, never move once, have long gangly legs or big bellies, and stay to the bitter end of the performance.  The aisle people also are very surly folk.

12.  The Coffee Law - As soon as you sit down to a cup of hot coffee, your boss will ask you to do something which will last until the coffee is cold.

13.  Murphy's Law of Lockers - If there are only two people in a locker room, they will have adjacent lockers.

14.  Law of Physical Surfaces - The chances of an open-faced jelly sandwich landing face down on a floor, are directly correlated to the newness and cost of the carpet or rug.

15.  Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.

16.  Brown's Law of Physical Appearance - If the clothes fit, they're ugly.

17.  Oliver's Law of Public Speaking - A closed mouth gathers no feet.

18.  Wilson's Law of Commercial Marketing Strategy - As soon as you find a product that you really like, they will stop making it.

19.  Doctors' Law - If you don't feel well, make an appointment to go to the doctor, by the time you get there you'll feel better. But don't make an appointment, and you'll stay sick.

Press Release: Union Negotiations - Strike Imminent!

For immediate release

Muslim suicide bombers in Britain are set to begin a three-day strike on Monday in a dispute over the number of virgins they are entitled to in the afterlife. Emergency talks with Al Qaeda management have so far failed to produce an agreement.

The unrest began last Tuesday when Al Qaeda announced that the number of virgins a suicide bomber would receive after his death will be cut by 25% next January from 72 to only 60. The rationale for the cut was the increase in recent years of the number of suicide bombings and a subsequent shortage of virgins in the afterlife. The suicide bombers' union, the British Organization of Occupational Martyrs (or B.O.O.M.) responded with a statement that this was unacceptable to its members and immediately balloted for strike action.

General Secretary Abdullah Amir told the press, "Our members are literally working themselves to death in the cause of Jihad. We don't ask for much in return but to be treated like this by management is a kick in the teeth." Mr. Amir accepted the limited availability of virgins but pointed out  that the cutbacks were expected to be borne entirely by the workforce and not by management. "Last Christmas Abu Hamza alone was awarded an annual bonus of 250,000 virgins," complains Amir. "And you can be sure they'll all be pretty ones too. How can Al Qaeda afford that for members of the management but not 72 for the people who do the real work?"

Speaking from the shed in the West Midlands in which he currently resides, Al Qaeda chief executive Osama bin Laden explained, "We sympathize with our workers' concerns but Al Qaeda is simply not in a position to meet their demands. They are simply not accepting the realities of modern-day jihad, in a competitive marketplace. Thanks to Western depravity, there is now a chronic shortage of virgins in the afterlife. It's a straight choice between reducing expenditure and laying people off. I don't like cutting wages but I'd hate to have to tell 3,000 of my staff that they won't be able to blow themselves up." He defended management bonuses by claiming these were necessary to attract good, fanatical clerics. "How am I  supposed to attract the best people if I can't compete with the private sector?" asked Mr. Bin-Laden.

Talks broke down this morning after management's last-ditch proposal of a virgin-sharing scheme was rejected outright after a failure to agree on orifice allocation quotas. One virgin, who refused to be named, was quoted as saying "I'll be buggered if I'm agreeing to anything like that........ it's too much to swallow." Unless some sort of agreement is reached over the weekend, suicide bombers will put down explosives at midday on Monday. Most branches are supporting the strike. Only the North London branch, which has a different union, is likely to continue working. However, some members of that branch will only be using waist-down explosives in order to express solidarity with their striking brethren.

Spokespersons in the North East of England, Swindon, North Kent and the entire Australian Continent stated that this would not affect their operations as "There are no virgins in their areas anyway."

Hammer Sandwich said:
My apologies entirely...not the intent at all. More of a comment on how even though the population of this country may or may not support the effort overseas, all of us reap the freedoms granted by those who serve.
-Mods, feel free to delete if this may be misconstrued.

P

would have been better if you just changed a few words from the original

http://arkjournal.com/uploaded_images/America-is-at-the-Mall-730517.jpg

example of what should have been written.
Canada is not at war. The Canadian Forces are at war. Canada is at the mall

Hammer Sandwich said:
Is there anything that can't be said with a motivational poster?

That fourth one is a clumsy Canadian 'shop of a U.S. meme that's been around since at least Gulf War I:

america_is_at_the_mall.jpg

Back