• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military Discounts List

Pugnacious said:
When it comes to situations like this is there some one in the Canadian Government that can sort these people out? Cheers! P.

Why it's the Hotel's or other vendors decision to offer a discount or not. Therefor they are within their rights to determine in theory what the criteria for it are. I agree that stating CF pers are not Government employees is misleading and just plain wrong, and perhaps we could retaliate by boycotting said business, but they technically haven't done anything wrong.

With discounts it pays to check first and shop around. Sometimes one may qualify for several, military, senior, student, auto club, credit card etc etc. Best to find out which is the best for that circumstance and use it.

Case in point a year ago I had to attend a weekend convention and they had made a special deal with the hotel who's facilities (meeting rooms etc) were were using. it was cheaper than the rack rate sure, but I checked and found out that the courtesy discount offered by my credit card was better so I used that one.

Buyer beware, and never settle for rack rate.

My old Sgt in Ottawa told me that the Airman's Club in New York city, allows CF to stay there. They give us the same cheap rates as our US Military counterparts. They give tickets to free shows and attractions in New York City. As well as a list of all the local places that give service members discounts.

Cheers  :mg:

Edmonton has dozens of places that offer various discounts, especially now that the Family Support Centre of the LdSH(RC) has teamed with Edmonton Salutes.  Everything from fast food to furniture and electronics

Don't forget US service flights. There was a guy in my old unit who used to fly to Hawaii once in a while on US flights. This was in the mid 90s but I would guess it works similar to the way ours used to: basically you're standby and you could very well be on a Herc but what the heck right? Anyone else heard of this?

Chimo!

Just about every Major hotel will give you a discount
All you have to do is  produce your ID Card
  :cdn:

The Hilton Hotels offer some really great discounts, especially in New Brunswick, so when you call to book, ask them for a Federal government discount.  Also the Fountain Tire downtown Edmonton will give you a preferred customer discount too.  Commenting on one of the posts I read regarding trying to get a discount for a hotel in Winnipeg and the employee giving that person crap for whatever reason is unacceptable and bad customer service and I would suggest you remind them that you are a customer and perhaps request the manager.  If anyone in Edmonton has any good places to buy furniture for good prices and offer a military discount, please post it here so I can check it out.

CHIMO

in kamloops the best western there, gave me and my other half 50% off and a continental breakfast, was very sweet!

The Running Room does over a discount,  I just can't remember how much.  I seem to recall 15%, enough to cover taxes.
As others have said, don't be afraid to ask for a Government discount.

PRES said:
I heard theirs a gym at Kit's beach that gives CF members access to the gym for free, just gotta prove your in the CF( like showing your Military ID)

Hey I'm in Kits, what gym is this?

Feral said:
Don't forget US service flights. There was a guy in my old unit who used to fly to Hawaii once in a while on US flights. This was in the mid 90s but I would guess it works similar to the way ours used to: basically you're standby and you could very well be on a Herc but what the heck right? Anyone else heard of this?

Unfortunately Space-A, including service flights aren't available to non-US military anymore.  We tried three different bases last year and its clear policy, no way around it.  Unless you have papers of course, but we were just visiting on R&R so no go :(

Shaynelle said:
Unfortunately Space-A, including service flights aren't available to non-US military anymore.   We tried three different bases last year and its clear policy, no way around it.   Unless you have papers of course, but we were just visiting on R&R so no go :(

Hmmm that's too bad.. I wonder if that is a post 9-11 security policy? What about our service flights overseas? Are they still running (something about Germany once a week?)?

I meant to post this earlier but forgot. Try www.defcom.com.au to see whats to offer for ADF and other vital service personnel.

Cheers,

Wes

At Disney World the U.S. DoD has a subsidized hotel called "Shades of Green" where the rate is based on your pay level/rank. It apparently offers a big saving vs the regular "on-site" rates. Does anyone know if that courtesy is extended to the CF or even other NATO allies?

SprCForr said:
At Disney World the U.S. DoD has a subsidized hotel called "Shades of Green" where the rate is based on your pay level/rank. It apparently offers a big saving vs the regular "on-site" rates. Does anyone know if that courtesy is extended to the CF or even other NATO allies?

You can check out: http://www.armymwr.com/shades/eligibility.html  (or shadesofgreen.com).  It appears to be US military only, but email them directly and ask, I bet they would supply the discount to NATO allies.  Please let us know if you do contact them and the result.

Shaynelle

If you are ever in London U.K.,there is the Union Jack Club which only serves Military Pers..
It's a what 30 stories,one side for single's and the other of married personnel.
Full restraunt,Pub.
It's very cheap,I have been there twice last time was back in 97 on my LTA with my wife and we paid what 60 pounds for room with full bathroom for singles it's cheaper.
I've attached the link for the Club below.

http://www.ujclub.co.uk/

I've stayed at the Union Jack Club as well.  It cost me 50 quid a night (single room shared bathroom).  It is located almost directly accross th street from the train station.  Walking distance to Downtown London.  Very nice place.

If you have membership in RCMI then you can use the Army and Navy Club (also known as the In and Out) in Pall Mall, London.

http://www.armynavyclub.co.uk/

I found two weeks ago that Footlocker (atleast the one in North Bay) offers a 15% discount to CF members. If this is a chain policy or just something the local one does because of the base, I do not know.

Back