• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military Discounts List

Yup, McDonalds is Legit.  Here in the Halifax area you can get a 15% discount at McD's and Burgerking and many other places; it's great!

I can get a discount at McDonalds?  If only I'd known sooner. I'm going to eat myself into the crazy house.

I have used the discount at McDonalds and got such a negative reaction from the people around me I stopped.

"Why does the military get discounts when  "working" people do not"
"I am a single mother of 3 and I can barely live on welfare and the navy gets all this money and they still get a discount"

Those were some of the comments I heard so word to the wise don't advertise the perks as it only causes resentment.

"Why does the military get discounts when   "working" people do not"

Haha, funny...

But the mother with 3 kids one did kinda sound bad   :-\

Edit, but you know it makes you think what the woman is doing with 3 kids and is on welefare... goes back to a discussion me and my dad had about how he's sick off all these kids and what not getten knocked up and just sitting on welefare for the rest of there life... man it piss's me off myself.

Places I've been able to get discounts are Surplus stores and hotels.

With the hotels,   the one's that I'm staying at in Calgary an Edmonton I think its a 15% discount at them, I get the discount regardless if I'm there on vacation or I'm working. The one in BC I'm staying at only gives out discounts   to millitary if your working, no discounts if your there for vacation.

And with the ID, I was able to buy things at the PX at Ft Lewis.

Was at Hoover Dam in Nevada/Arizona and there was a sign at the entrance that stated a 20% discount for federal employees including military. I showed him my ID and he had the gall to ask me if Canada was an ally and actually  had a military, F@#$KING goof.Go my discount though.

Dave's Surplus in New West, BC gives a 20% discount to anyone part of an "organization" (i.e. police, CF, cadets, etc.). 

OLeary has the right idea, every MFRC should have a list of places that offer a discount to military personnel for their area.

I do have to say one thing, our perks are no where near that of our US counterparts. I spent 6 months working at USCENTCOM in Tampa, FL (yeah, it was a nice ride) and if I had my uniform on, I would rarely have to pay at all for things like coffee, fast food, etc. The McDonald's just outside of the base had a military discount menu and places like the barber shop gave preference to those waiting in uniform.

EDIT: Our Canadian Military ID's did work at most places in the US (Busch Garderns, Disney, MGM, etc..), but not at the PX at MacDill - we had to use our foreign military cards there.

In whole, I think the public appreciation for the military is higher in the US than it is here BUT I like to think that our government takes better care of us than that of the US. Hmmm...sounds like a new string!

Nearly every year I go South with the Unit for two weeks and nearly always get a discount even with Canadian Military I.D.

A little kicker for you. ;)

In between Dallas and Ft.Worth in Arlington there's this C&W Bar called "Cowboys" which was an old K Mart store,12 bars,30 pool tables,one huge dance floor and a stage big enough to hold a 7 piece band as that was on that night and full of University Students and the local ANG turned us on too it.

When we first got there the youngn's rushed in ahead of us old slow pokes and paid their $5.00,$10.00 ? to get in and we just sauntered up and asked if they gave a Military Discount,I.D. please sure enough we got in free!!!! ;D

Nine times out of Ten in the States you will get a discount in Club's.Disco's and Strip Joints etc and also on accommodation even with Canadian Military I.D.
Many Americans may not know much about us but go out of their way to make us feel at home.

If you are ever travailing through Sea/Tac Airport (Seattle) they have a USO up stairs were you with your family or Solo, can shower,do laundry,sleep and have a good snack (bloody good sangies and cookies) they will wake you up for your flight there are only 3 USO's like this in the States and I forget the other two.

Maybe Maj. Baker can help out with the other two.

Also the USO publishes a book of places to stay all over the world at Military Rates for all Members of NATO, cost's about $10.00 to pick up in the P.X. in the book section.

Military.com is a great site for looking into Military discounts in the US.

Most airlines offer a DND discount price for flights. Simple enquiry is all it takes. I also happen to know that "Medieval Times" dinner theatre at the CNE in Toronto offers a DND discount. GOOD TIMES! (Wench! Bring me ale!)   ;)

In calgary you can get into the YMCA south (The huge new one) for free, you just need to sign into a military sign in book.  Saved me from paying $430 a year.

for the city of edmonton theres a web page link on the city page that shows where you can openly get dnd dicounts .

If you are in the market for seriously good after-market gear, then Drop Zone offers a 20% discount to serving members of the CF.  Yes, their gear is pricey.  But as I've said elsewhere on this forum, assuming that you shop wisely and know what you want, then you get exactly what you pay for.

You can pay repeatedly for sub-standard kit until you get it right, or you can buy correctly from the start and have the gear serve you well throughout your service (and probably your progeny's). 

A word to the knowledgeable.  Those looking for "kit shortcuts" are quite welcome to continue with their self-delusion and repeated disappointment.....

In Halifax, we have a thing called "Wave of Savings" which are for DND personnel and their families.

This list can be viewed at: Wave of Savings

This list is searchable by company name or category. Additionally, the list is fairly large as the Trident Navy News paper has been working on this list for a number of years.

Moore's clothing gives military personnel (including Reservists) a 10% discount off all purchases.

My husband and I found this out accidentally while shopping there - the salesman overheard us talking about the Army, and piped up with the discount.

SO said:
Moore's clothing gives military personnel (including Reservists) a 10% discount off all purchases.

My husband and I found this out accidentally while shopping there - the salesman overheard us talking about the Army, and piped up with the discount.

When I was in Petawawa, Moores sent us all a plastic discount card.  In both Petawawa and Kingston, the MFRC (military family resource centre) has a list of who and were in each area that offers discounts for military members and families.  As for the comment that the reserves don't get the discount in Kingston, that is totally false as I work with several who routinely go to the movies and get the discounts there.  In total, Kingston has about 35 companies that give military discounts excluding hotels and motels.

I'm suprised that PSP in Halifax appears to maintain a massive list, whereas in other regions of the country, discounts tend to be hard to come by.

Maybe you guys should approach the PSP section in your area and mention what Halifax is doing. It may get them off their arses and get a good discount list on the go.

Back