• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military Discounts List

Our local "ballet" gives free "dance lessons" for CF members!

I don't know if this helps,but CEL Army surplus inMorinville,Ab gives a discount to cadets.It saved me enough to pay for gas and a meal for my son and I,and we live in Calgary.
www.celsurplus.com

Moore`s here in Fredericton gives a 10% Discount for military customers.

MM

Well i don't know about anywhere else but here in Brandon (and i think Winnipeg) we have a day (not sure what they call it  "Military shopping day" i believe, but it's where all the local businesses give the military and families a discount, places like Canadian Tire and Walmart etc etc, it only happens once a year, anyone else heard of this?

Jane

Hey Babicma, what's the name of this local "Ballet School" of yours? I'd like to visit it once I'm in and where is it? ;D

Bell Canada gives a discount for one of their cell phone plans.. I think it ends up being around 50% off, but it's not bad at all.

The one major one we all seem to have forgotten, Timmies!

Good old tim hortons seems to always give me a free medium coffee whenever i come in deu's but forsome reason if im just in cadpat i get questioned about it?

You get free coffee???

jeez... the ones around burlington hamilton never give me anything for free.....

are you bringing your C7 into the store with you? that might be why  ;D

(you laugh... we had a guy who used to be in our unit do that his C7 on ex once... now when going from A to B we keep our Boomsticks in weapon bags.... :()

Nope deffinatley dont bring the c7 or any other firearm in to timmies.

Its wierd though i get it at most tim hortons just wearing deus... other then that if im in cadpat i get nothing or just a blank stare?

CFN. Orange said:
The one major one we all seem to have forgotten, Timmies!

Good old tim hortons seems to always give me a free medium coffee whenever i come in deu's but forsome reason if im just in cadpat i get questioned about it?

Really? I've always paid for mine (Not that I'd ever go *looking* for a free one anyway), though I can't see them handing them out for free... I'd say at least 30% of their business is military at the tim's near the base...

its not that i go outta my way specifically for free coffee...I infact have always had money in my hand when ordering...expecting to pay the amount. But forsome reason i haven't had to. I thank the server and leave...Sometimes Im asked if im a cop and i respond with no im in the army yet i still get a free coffee who knows. I have had some experiences where the coffee hasn't been free...Maybe its my killer good looks ::)... maybe just luck ;D

Rogers Canada will give all DND employees a discount on Cell phone services.

yeah.. with the DEU's they probabbly think your a cop or firefighter or something.....

Here in Australia, there is the ADF Defenders programme. Basically you get a card with your name and Regt'al number on it, and you can even get a card for your spouse too.

The programme offers heaps of discounts Australia wide (booklet printed and sent annually) from accomodation to new cars, electrical things etc. You name it. A nationally sponsered thing, which many major companies recognise.

Many decent Disposals too recognise your ADF service, giving ADF discounts on kit, and there is a one time ADF home loan for up to $80,000AUD, with cheap interest rates. Great if both spouses are serving (and it's for ARA and ARes too). A mininum of 8 yrs service required for the loan.

Not bad perks at all really.

Cheers,

Wes

CFN. Orange said:
Nope deffinatley dont bring the c7 or any other firearm in to timmies.

Its wierd though i get it at most tim hortons just wearing deus... other then that if im in cadpat i get nothing or just a blank stare?

I guess maybe it means that the Cadpat is working.  ;D

Also nice to see CF members getting some support.

And well put about the "national police" thing...
I have many collage and uni' (so called) friends that gave me funny looks when I said I wanted to join the Army.

Cheers!
P.

Cpl Thompson said:
yeah.. with the DEU's they probabbly think your a cop or firefighter or something.....

thats what i thought at first..but then she asked if i was from the police i told he i wasn't and that i was in the army.. she still gave it to me... who knows dumb luck maybe.

I've seen ads for a Military Entertainment Book... you know, like the ones your kids sell for fundraising at the schools.  Its probably mostly for US stores, but still might be worth a look at.  I'm curious what's in it.  If I find a link I'll post, most likely its a subsite of entertainment.com

DME

babicma said:
Our local "ballet" gives free "dance lessons" for CF members!

Thats only cause most of them are run by OMG and are looking to recurit new members.
Show they kinda bribe you.  Enjoy it whilie it last but watch your back.

FREE TIMMIES that should have been a whole new Post.  WOuld have been the most popular ever.  Only reason work dress would be changed to DEU's.

National Police?  I like it think that would piss the Pony Riders off some?

What I have discovered is that many hotels, if you ask for the military rate - it's usually slightly higher than current room rates - this is especially true with two or three hotels in Winnipeg where the Los Brovos (then, Hells Angels now) and 2VP were banned years ago from the bars - apparently the two different factions had sufficient altercations on the various premises to warrant banning of both groups... (take that as you will)

So when I book a hotel over the phone - I request the "Crown Employee" or "Government of Canada Employee Discount" - when I check in and they ask for my ID, I show my military ID card.

One hotel's employees have gotten literally ANGRY that I was so "dishonest" - as the "Military Rate" is higher than the "Crown Rate" - (CANAD Inns at Bishop Grandin and Pembina in Winnipeg) but since they quoted me one price over the phone, they were bound by it...

One night clerk even tried to tell me once that the CF were NOT employees of the Government of Canada - funny, last I checked the Treasury Board was issuing my paycheques....

All for now...

When it comes to situations like this is there some one in the Canadian Government that can sort these people out?

Cheers!
P.

Back